Jordan De Goey

Started by djbics, May 19, 2015, 09:23:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

djbics

So have been tossing up all of the normal downgrade options such as Glenn (if he plays), Lever, Pearce, etc and none of them are really grabbing me.

Glenn - not in the side right now (ankle), not great JS, scores of 103 and 36, which is the more indicative of his scoring potential?

Lever - a little more pricey, better JS for mine, scores of 95 and 38.

Pearce - I reckon he's gone once McPharlin and Dawson come back into the side, not a great scorer with 74 and 27

Now with the bye rounds fast approaching, I dont think just cash generation can be the only consideration when looking at downgrade options, as having a rookie who can be relied upon to score something may become critical in your teams 'Best 18'.

Question is......could Jordan De Gooey be worth more than the other options even though he is a lot more expensive at 202k? 

A sub-affected 11 in round 1 was followed by an 88 last week.  He also looked pretty good in the NAB cup, and apart from Steele Sidebottom I'm not sure that many other Collingwood players would be pushing him out of the side now (I'm sure there are plenty but cant think of them off the top of my head). 

I dont think I will be taking De Goey as I still have Cripps, CEY, and Touk Miller in the mids for probably 1-2 mid spots after trades this week, however I would much prefer fielding De Goey through the byes as compared to any of the downgrade options named above and/or guys like McKenzie, VDB, Lonie, Schade, even TBC at the moment!  Still tossing it up, what do you guys think?

Big Mac

I like him but I don't really get enough cash by downgrading to him

No from me

djbics

Quote from: Big  Mac on May 19, 2015, 09:26:07 PM

No from me

Yeah I wish he was at least 50k cheaper to make it worthwhile Big Mac!

kilbluff1985

No from me

Grufflez

No from me

RaisyDaisy

No from me

The_Captain

No from me

Puppetry

No from me

Sabretooth Tigers

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on May 19, 2015, 11:04:34 PM

No from me
:-\

With a first round score of 11 won't his price drop after this round ??          ::)

jeesh

Quote from: Sabretooth Tigers on May 19, 2015, 11:54:34 PM

No from me

With a first round score of 11 won't his price drop after this round ??          ::)

His BE is 22 so he'll only drop in price if named the sub

Jay

If he's named and not the sub, I'm taking the punt.

Sabretooth Tigers

Quote from: jeesh on May 20, 2015, 12:06:37 AM
Quote from: Sabretooth Tigers on May 19, 2015, 11:54:34 PM

No from me

His BE is 22 so he'll only drop in price if named the sub

Thanks jeesh.     ;)

GCSkiwi

Quote from: Jayman on May 20, 2015, 12:20:08 AM

Likely +1 from me

To BigMac, KB, RD et al on the quote train, I get your point but can I ask what your downgrade plans are then? Waiting for a cheaper option later in the season like Steele, the return of Lambert, something like that? Why is De Goey any worse than Cripps/Newton/Brayshaw/NVB who many people started with?

My thinking is that I make 100k downgrading Newton to DeGoey, get someone I wouldn't mind fielding during the byes, and then when a cheaper option pops up later I get the extra cash back then...

djbics

Quote from: GCSkiwi on May 20, 2015, 09:10:33 AM

Likely +1 from me

To BigMac, KB, RD et al on the quote train, I get your point but can I ask what your downgrade plans are then? Waiting for a cheaper option later in the season like Steele, the return of Lambert, something like that? Why is De Goey any worse than Cripps/Newton/Brayshaw/NVB who many people started with?

My thinking is that I make 100k downgrading Newton to DeGoey, get someone I wouldn't mind fielding during the byes, and then when a cheaper option pops up later I get the extra cash back then...

Spot on Kiwi, and this is the reason I raised De Gooey up.  I think his price puts people off straight away, but if he can play regularly and score 80's, then surely he is a better option than most out there, I mean whats the difference between him and Michael Walters who a lot of people are considering as a stepping stone at 120k more expensive??  Apart of course from position, relative AFL experience,and possibly JS.

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: GCSkiwi on May 20, 2015, 09:10:33 AM

Likely +1 from me

Starting with a 200k mid is different to downgrading to one I feel, but add to that his JS has to be poor

Sidebottom, Kennedy, Young, Toovey, Ramsay, Reid, Greenwood, Sinclair etc are all chances to return soon