WXV Round 8: Can London do it again?

Started by Purple 77, May 19, 2015, 09:19:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nige

Quote from: Ricochet on May 20, 2015, 02:22:36 PM
Quote from: Nige on May 20, 2015, 02:17:48 PM
Literally just picking whoever is named.  :(
hahahahaha welcome to our world
Sometimes we at least get to pick which order we want our emergencies (all defenders) in.  ;D

Quote from: Holz on May 20, 2015, 02:29:24 PM
Literally just picking whoever is named.  :(

remember this when I  offer you stuff like Bruce + Walters for Someone.
Yeah, but you'll offer them for like Beams, Prestia, Smith and Breust just so you can have a laugh and play all 4 in your reserves.

Memphistopheles

Quote from: Purple 77 on May 20, 2015, 01:02:01 PM
All of a sudden, Durban's dominance doesn't seem so surprising haha

I usually just keep picking the players that got the highest most recent score if that helps Memph  :-X but I don't have nearly the same amount of options

We were doing that except our players seem to go: good score, bad score, good score, bad score.

Or maybe it's just when they are picked :P

Holz

Quote from: Memphistopheles on May 20, 2015, 04:40:50 PM
Quote from: Purple 77 on May 20, 2015, 01:02:01 PM
All of a sudden, Durban's dominance doesn't seem so surprising haha

I usually just keep picking the players that got the highest most recent score if that helps Memph  :-X but I don't have nearly the same amount of options

We were doing that except our players seem to go: good score, bad score, good score, bad score.

Or maybe it's just when they are picked :P

watch out salary cap, is all i can say.

Holz

Quote from: Holz on May 20, 2015, 02:29:24 PM
remember this when I  offer you stuff like Bruce + Walters for Someone.
Yeah, but you'll offer them for like Beams, Prestia, Smith and Breust just so you can have a laugh and play all 4 in your reserves.

nah just the one. Dont want Smith and got Roughy Gunston, Breust too much.

give me Beams or Presti and they will never play 2s. Guranteed.

Purple 77

Thought this was interesting...

Below, is the amount of senior WXV matches played by the XV each team named last week, or in other words, the total experience your team fielded last week:

Team   Total Matches
Dublin Destroyers    799
Mexico City Suns    724
Christchurch Saints    591
PNL Reindeers    589
Rio de Janeiro Jaguars    574
Moscow Spetsnaz    570
New York Revolution    561
Tokyo Samurai    552
Berlin Brewers   546
Pacific Islanders    529
London Royals    490
Toronto Wolves    473
Cape Town Cobras    414
Cairo Sands    411
Beijing Thunder    409
Seoul Magpies    370
New Delhi Tigers    304
Buenos Aires Armadillos    290

It's actually a fairly close reflection on your team compared to the comp, which is pretty cool if you ask me.

Dublin with the most, which doesn't surprise. But to further my claim that Mexico City are the ones to topple them, is that the Suns have bucket loads of experience waiting to come in too!

Purple 77

This makes the Thunders' achievements this year even more impressive if you ask me ^^

Toga

Nice work Purps and Oz! Love it!

Don't mind being compared to GWS, it just means we're on our way 8) And love that stat Purps, I find that very impressive!

Will be a few selection headaches with Jaensch going out and Wines + Kreuz looking to come back in.

Toga

Beijing Thunder:
D: H.Taylor (CC), C.Hooker, J.Thurlow, M.Talia
M: O.Wines (CC), L.Neale, T.Miller, L.Shiels
R: B.Grundy
F: E.Betts, T.Bell, D.Stanley, T.Broomhead
IC: J.Caddy, C.Wood

Emg: M.Weller, P.Davis, S.Gray

OUT: M.Jaensch (ACL), P.Davis
IN: O.Wines, M.Talia

kilbluff1985

wow Purps must have been tedious to do that nice work

roo boys!

Don't mind seeing Toronto quite low on the experience charts as it means there's hopefully improvement in the squad to come :)

That said last week's side would have had to been the youngest I've played for a long time especially with Swallow rested and Smith pulling out late

Purple 77

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on May 20, 2015, 06:30:48 PM
wow Purps must have been tedious to do that nice work

Cheers kb!

The wonders of excel made it a 5 min process though haha

meow meow

We don't believe in bottoming out at Christchurch. We're quite experienced but we're also getting some AFL experience into our young guys now, so they'll be ready when the older guys in the best XV move on.

From last year alone we've got Lever, McKenzie, Andrews, Langford and Vandenberg all getting games, and I expect Wigg to replace Jaensch in the Crow's line up. That's a bigger collection than any other team, including the so called rebuilding teams down the bottom end of the ladder.

Ricochet

Quote from: meow meow on May 20, 2015, 08:30:52 PM
We don't believe in bottoming out at Christchurch. We're quite experienced but we're also getting some AFL experience into our young guys now, so they'll be ready when the older guys in the best XV move on.

From last year alone we've got Lever, McKenzie, Andrews, Langford and Vandenberg all getting games, and I expect Wigg to replace Jaensch in the Crow's line up. That's a bigger collection than any other team, including the so called rebuilding teams down the bottom end of the ladder.
Well when you draft 50 players from last year you'd expect a few to get a game

Holz

At Dublin we dont believe in bottoming out either, we will pick these guys up as they are just about to enter their prime. e.g. Mcdonald, Rance, Martin, Gray, Sloane, Boak, Walters, Goldy etc..

Purple 77

Quote from: Holz on May 21, 2015, 10:34:32 AM

At Dublin we dont believe in bottoming out either, we will pick these guys up as they are just about to enter their prime. e.g. Mcdonald, Rance, Martin, Gray, Sloane, Boak, Walters, Goldy etc..

... but you did bottom out?