WXV Round 8: Can London do it again?

Started by Purple 77, May 19, 2015, 09:19:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Holz

Quote from: Purple 77 on May 21, 2015, 10:36:44 AM
Quote from: Holz on May 21, 2015, 10:34:32 AM
Quote from: meow meow on May 20, 2015, 08:30:52 PM
We don't believe in bottoming out at Christchurch. We're quite experienced but we're also getting some AFL experience into our young guys now, so they'll be ready when the older guys in the best XV move on.

From last year alone we've got Lever, McKenzie, Andrews, Langford and Vandenberg all getting games, and I expect Wigg to replace Jaensch in the Crow's line up. That's a bigger collection than any other team, including the so called rebuilding teams down the bottom end of the ladder.

At Dublin we dont believe in bottoming out either, we will pick these guys up as they are just about to enter their prime. e.g. Mcdonald, Rance, Martin, Gray, Sloane, Boak, Walters, Goldy etc..

... but you did bottom out?

debatable, I associated bottoming out is when your up, you fall back down and rebuild. My strategy was start from a low base to build the strongest foundation so you never need to bottom out. As long as I keep finding guys like Mcdonald there is no reason I need to stay down.

Im working of the Sydney Swan model. pick up guys like JPK from other clubs.

Memphistopheles

Quote from: Holz on May 21, 2015, 10:42:20 AM
We don't believe in bottoming out at Christchurch. We're quite experienced but we're also getting some AFL experience into our young guys now, so they'll be ready when the older guys in the best XV move on.

From last year alone we've got Lever, McKenzie, Andrews, Langford and Vandenberg all getting games, and I expect Wigg to replace Jaensch in the Crow's line up. That's a bigger collection than any other team, including the so called rebuilding teams down the bottom end of the ladder.

At Dublin we dont believe in bottoming out either, we will pick these guys up as they are just about to enter their prime. e.g. Mcdonald, Rance, Martin, Gray, Sloane, Boak, Walters, Goldy etc..

debatable, I associated bottoming out is when your up, you fall back down and rebuild. My strategy was start from a low base to build the strongest foundation so you never need to bottom out. As long as I keep finding guys like Mcdonald there is no reason I need to stay down.

Nope we will not be trading our inspirational captain.

We'll need him for when we take down Dublin those season.

Holz

Quote from: Memphistopheles on May 21, 2015, 10:45:36 AM
Quote from: Holz on May 21, 2015, 10:42:20 AM

Nope we will not be trading our inspirational captain.

We'll need him for when we take down Dublin those season.

maybe ex-teammate Jelly will finally turn it on against his old team.

Ricochet

Its time to unleash NDTs secret weapon... Enter Keegan Brooksby

http://www.goldcoastfc.com.au/news/2015-05-21/brooksby-elevated-off-rookie-list
QuoteThe Gold Coast SUNS have elevated mature-aged rookie Keegan Brooksby off the rookie list to replace Jarrod Garlett, who will likely miss the remainder of the season after having an ankle reconstruction

Spencer will be crying in the corner about now

Toga

Sam Gray upgraded off the rookie list (already on our senior) - fwd depth is looking much better this week! Chris Dawes won't get anywhere near the team :D

Hellopplz

Quote from: Ricochet on May 21, 2015, 05:02:53 PM
Its time to unleash NDTs secret weapon... Enter Keegan Brooksby

http://www.goldcoastfc.com.au/news/2015-05-21/brooksby-elevated-off-rookie-list
QuoteThe Gold Coast SUNS have elevated mature-aged rookie Keegan Brooksby off the rookie list to replace Jarrod Garlett, who will likely miss the remainder of the season after having an ankle reconstruction

Spencer will be crying in the corner about now

Good news for Dehli, bad news for Marseilles :(.

Purple 77

Quote from: Toga on May 21, 2015, 05:04:17 PM
Sam Gray upgraded off the rookie list (already on our senior) - fwd depth is looking much better this week! Chris Dawes won't get anywhere near the team :D

Dawes is gonna get dropped this week anyway, you heard it from me first  :o

Because of this guy really

<----------

roo boys!

Purple 77

Holz

Maybe Oscar mcdonald. I heard he was better than his brother.

Watch out out could average 130.

Purple 77

Quote from: Holz on May 21, 2015, 06:20:51 PM
Maybe Oscar mcdonald. I heard he was better than his brother.

Watch out out could average 130.

I told you he is going to be better than Tom  :P

That was of course, before Tom looked liked an all-australian contender.

Purple 77

Quote from: Toga on May 21, 2015, 05:04:17 PM

Pfft. Calf my arse, he was stone cold DROPPED :P

Toga

Fine by us, plenty of options to use over him this week! Won't be anywhere near our starting XV for a while I would hope :P

Nige

Nige

Cairo Sands

D: J.McGovern, N.Smith, S.Rowe, B.Stratton, J.Batchelor
M: D.Beams (cc), D.Prestia (cc), L.Dunstan, M.Hutchings
R: S.Mumford
F: L.Breust, P.Puopolo, T.Colyer
I: J.Laidler, K.Amon

E: F.Roberts, M.Arnot, S.Dwyer   

Flooding obviously, had no say in the matter.

Amon made the 22 so gets a start, Fletch to cover if sub.