WXV Round 8: Can London do it again?

Started by Purple 77, May 19, 2015, 09:19:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

My Chumps

Fist pumping so hard about that win! Top 8 certainly within reach now  8)

Jroo

Well done London  :-*

Happy with our performance too, we're back baby  8)

Berlin looking awesome too, hope they continue that form into next weeks clash against Dublin.

Jukes

Might also be worth noting that Moscow won our third straight Peace Cup under me, with Joe Daniher winning the Jesaulenko/Pyke medal :3

Purple 77

Quote from: Bane on May 24, 2015, 10:05:08 PM
Might also be worth noting that Moscow won our third straight Peace Cup under me, with Joe Daniher winning the Jesaulenko/Pyke medal :3

Ah yeah, that too.  :-X

Hellopplz

Quote from: ossie85 on May 24, 2015, 08:25:04 PM
It's official: London is Dublin's bogey team.
Go Ringo! Holz's players must be scared off London somehow :P.

Quote from: Purple 77 on May 24, 2015, 09:26:46 PM
Also, kudos to PNL breaking their duck against Seoul
No thanks to a rested Jackson Trengove but happy to break the losing-streak :D.

Also, awesome score Purps with a rested Treloar. Suns also looking scary with a few off full strength :-X.

Memphistopheles

Quote from: My Chumps on May 24, 2015, 09:36:58 PM
Fist pumping so hard about that win! Top 8 certainly within reach now  8)

Yep another decent win.

However, more selection dilemmas for us.

Hunter and Toumpas seem to have shaken the vest at their teams and scored well. Savage pushing for a recall in defence and Scott Selwood with the vest.

Toga

Too many passengers for the Thunder this week! Well served by Ollie Wines in his return, and Lachie Neale was huge again, but there wasn't much else to cheer about apart from that. Too good Rio!

ossie85

And just because the new Admin has no respect for the rivalries of old...

As Bane points out... Moscow have won a 3rd Peace Cup in succession, with rising forward Joe Daniher taking out the Jesaulenko/Pyke Medal for best on ground, clearly inspired by his uncle Neale Daniher's struggles with MND.

The Mexico City Suns have won a 3rd North American Cup - probably just about the biggest one since the very first encounter in Round 1, 2012. They now have a 3-1 lead, with Kade Simpson taking away the Pyke Medal.

And finally, in what is turning out to be a one-sided affair, London Royals have maintained its utter dominance over Dublin, now holding a 4-0 lead in the British Isles Cup. Dan Hannebery takes away the Mynott/Kennelly medal, but should be noted that former medallists McVeigh and Stanton also had good games. Travis Boak has won the medal on the other side, so incredibly all 4 medallists played in the same match.