Lever vs Glenn

Started by david17, May 19, 2015, 07:19:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

david17

Since theres not much around on the bubble and im gonna have to do 1 downgrade this week to get some cash which one would be the best option if both named

Bully

If Glenn is named I think you have to grab him, he's cheaper and won't cause as much damage in the event he gets dropped. Just hold him at M11 and loophole him where possible.

djbics

Quote from: Bully on May 19, 2015, 07:21:08 PM
If Glenn is named I think you have to grab him, he's cheaper and won't cause as much damage in the event he gets dropped. Just hold him at M11 and loophole him where possible.

I agree with this to a certain degree, though going forward, would Lever have better job security?  Gold Coast have a swag of injuries, and reading the last report many of them are due to return soon (Saad, Malceski, Lynch, Martin, Cameron, Thompson, Ablett maybe) so someone needs to be pushed out.  And with Jaensch now being out for the season as well as Smith at least this week, Lever may be called upon to play a more consistent role.

Actually I think I may have swung my own opinion......can I change my vote??  ::)

Mark

Yeah I'd like to say Glen for his price but Lever for me.
JS would have to be better with Jaensch out for season and Smith hurting himself every week.
Just wish he wasn't so $$$

MontyJnr

If both are named, would it be wise to do a double downgrade this week due to the lack of options in the foreseeable future?

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: Bully on May 19, 2015, 07:21:08 PM

Pretty much this

I already have Glenn, so looking at Lever personally, but not overly excited about it

hogan2014

Sounds like the options this week are only Lever, Glen (if named) or someone like Steele if named also.

Have to go on JS alone and that surely has to be Lever and also on the bubble of course.

dmac07

What are peoples thoughts on Schade? Had a price rise but about the same price as lever.

djbics

Quote from: dmac07 on May 19, 2015, 08:33:16 PM
What are peoples thoughts on Schade? Had a price rise but about the same price as lever.

I got Schade last week, not really certain his JS is any better than Glenn, he looks like a handy player but dont expect much more than 50-60 out of him if he plays.  I'm hoping he stays in the side but as I mentioned above if the Gold Coast start getting some of their players back then someone needs to make room.

TexR74

Should I get rid of NVB or KMac for one of them (leaning towards lever) ;)

Big Mac

Quote from: TexR74 on May 19, 2015, 09:07:12 PM

NVB out for Glenn I reckon

djbics

Quote from: TexR74 on May 19, 2015, 09:07:12 PM

Probably depends which one suits your team structure more, both similar prices, similar BE's around 50, and averaging similar over the season to date, I would have thought NVB had better scoring potential though he hasn't shown it since round 2. 

Grufflez

Not getting either of them.

TexR74

Is it worth getting in Lambert in the hope that he plays later this year?

djbics

Quote from: TexR74 on May 19, 2015, 10:30:54 PM
Is it worth getting in Lambert in the hope that he plays later this year?

Personally, I dont reckon it's worth getting him in if you dont already have him.  Listed as 3-4 weeks away, you'd think he'd need at least 2-3 in the VFL for match fitness, so you would be carrying his zeroes through the bye period.  Any gain you make by being able to loophole him would be cancelled out by the lack of cash generation plus the high probability of needed to trade during the byes just to get the required 18 on the field.  And would he even walk back in to Richmonds side?  I dont think his JS is that good