WXV Round 7: Christchurch v Dublin in Top of the Table Clash

Started by Purple 77, May 12, 2015, 02:17:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Holz

Quote from: Toga on May 12, 2015, 03:54:54 PM
Quote from: Holz on May 12, 2015, 03:40:33 PM
very tough to pick a captain too many guys in that 105-110 range.

What a terrible problem to have.........

I know right, I need someone to lift and prove to be a captain.

Purple 77

Quote from: Holz on May 12, 2015, 03:57:28 PM

Tommy Mac! Do it!

Holz

Quote from: Purple 77 on May 12, 2015, 04:21:36 PM

Tommy Mac! Do it!

on that note Tmac 113 defender, Fyfe 129 mid. seems like a straight swap to me.

even though Buddy only going 90 and fyfe 129 this trade is looking very good for me.

Trade 57:
Dublin trade: Nathan Fyfe, Mitch Clark, Lachie Hunter
Berlin trade: Lance Franklin, Nick Dal Santo, Tom McDonald

Purple 77

Quote from: Holz on May 12, 2015, 04:53:40 PM
Quote from: Purple 77 on May 12, 2015, 04:21:36 PM

Tommy Mac! Do it!

on that note Tmac 113 defender, Fyfe 129 mid. seems like a straight swap to me.

even though Buddy only going 90 and fyfe 129 this trade is looking very good for me.

Trade 57:
Dublin trade: Nathan Fyfe, Mitch Clark, Lachie Hunter
Berlin trade: Lance Franklin, Nick Dal Santo, Tom McDonald

It does, admittedly.

However, I don't regret it for a second  ;) Fyfe has literally scored the most SC points this year... although it's looking good for you, I'm really quite happy I've got him  8)

meow meow

Holz talking a fair amount of shower already. Must be scared of the Gibbs/Sandi combo.

kilbluff1985

Jroo

meow meow

DUBLIN DESTROYERS

B: Liam Picken, Dylan Roberton, Sean Dempster, Jake Lever
M: Matthew Boyd, Sam Mitchell, Tom Scully, Bryce Gibbs
R: Aaron Sandilands
F: Jamie Elliott, Dayne Zorko, Tory Dickson, Nathan Hrovat
I: Luke Shuey (C), Hamish Hartlett (VC)

E: Aaron vandenBerg, Joel Patfull, Jake Stringer

Wilbur is the only ruck that I need... to not play this week. Sandilands vs Cordy will make Dublin's ruck look second rate.

My backline actually earn their points unlike Rance who gets given 40 extra points every week.
TMac is due for a shocker against a brutal Hawks outfit and Bob will get tagged hard against Freo.
Difficult to leave Patfull and Buntine out since they've got a training run against Carlton but Lever lived up to expectations last week and he'll be premium from the very start of his career. McKenzie pushing hard for a spot early in his career too.
Hansen has the IQ of an ant and he'll probably get injured and subbed out 1 minute into the 3rd quarter anyway.

Mitchell v Dees :D.
Boyd coming off a rest.
Scully in career best form against the Blues.
Gibbs had 2 possessions in the last quarter and scored 113 last week, he may try this week. He's travelling better than Rocky and now Sloane (Christchurch puppet and reject).
Watson is cooked and WADA will make him their biatch. Selwood is half the player of last year.

Put Elliott down for 5 goals against the hapless Tiges. That's 5 more than Bud got last week, and his form will continue.
Zorko had a shocker and will want to bounce back. Martin scored well last week so prepare for a spud score this week.
Dickson is slaying. Speaking of slaying, the Hawks will slay Melb and just kick over their forwards heads, sorry Roughy and Gunston.
Stringer/Garlett/Hrovat at F4 is giving me headaches so I think I'll just go with the midfielder. Jake tho...

Shuey at home vs GC's 14 fit players should be aiming for 300 as captain.

Is there a forfeit option? Dublin might want to spare themselves the trip and stay at home and prepare for a match they can actually win.

Hellopplz

I reckon Tokyo will continue their fine form of being the lucky winners this year, and score 140-137 victory :P.

Quote from: Purple 77 on May 12, 2015, 02:17:06 PM
I will give PNL another challenge; do it two weeks in a row, and I will get off your case. Seeing as I don't think I will get off your case, I'm tipping the Revolution!
Ye of little faith! But agree, we need to string together some solid wins in order to prove if we're worthy of a top 4 spot this season.

Quote from: Jayman on May 12, 2015, 02:51:50 PM
Quote from: RaisyDaisy on May 12, 2015, 02:30:32 PM
Big Big game vs PNL this week!

The boys are going to need to dig deep to get up here

TAB has PNL as the $1.55 favourites, but $2.10 on New York is some good value and represents an outside chance!

HGA could be a big factor here
$50 on PNL please :P
Ye of too much faith! Given I like those odds as well for PNL :P. I'm sure The Revolution are going to give us a great game, especially if they can get back Bennell in there! Can't afford to drop these type of games.

Quote from: meow meow on May 12, 2015, 09:51:51 PM
Wilbur is the only ruck that I need... to not play this week. Sandilands vs Cordy will make Dublin's ruck look second rate.
Sandi is going to dominate those hit outs if Cordy remains in.... Cordy just can't ruck well against these guys at AFL level :-X.

Pkbaldy

Purple 77

Love it meow... you had me at your team name  :P I LOVED IT!

Holz

Quote from: meow meow on May 12, 2015, 07:56:56 PM
Holz talking a fair amount of shower already. Must be scared of the Gibbs/Sandi combo.

Terrified. Sandi and Gibbs were both captain options weren't they? why not stick the big C and VC on them and let those guns kill me off?

also I haven't seen a list that bad under the name "Dublin Destroyers" since 2012.

#matchoftheround

Ricochet

Quote from: Holz on May 13, 2015, 10:34:07 AM
also I haven't seen a list that bad under the name "Dublin Destroyers" since 2012.
boom!

Jay

Purple 77

Walked past the water cooler today, and heard this distinct quote:

"I heard Holz used the 2012 wooden spoon to back-slap Rory Sloane after he failed to produce as captain... now he has a fractured cheek-bone."

Oh, the media will make showerstorm out of this. Scandal at Dublin before the blockbuster!

A response Holz?