WXV Round 6: The Mental Demons of Berlin & PNL go to Battle

Started by Purple 77, May 06, 2015, 10:42:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Purple 77

Beijing and London are having a real tussle! Beijing are currently 41 points ahead, with HGA (31), Tom Bell and Cameron Wood to come. Against the London trio of LeCras, Tuohy and Sheppard. I think I'll back the Thunder though!

With 10 centurions so far in the match with a collective 9 players to come, Berlin and PNL are giving their all, and it's still really 50/50! Berlin are 230 points ahead, with HGA (61), Mitch Golby, Marco Paparone and Dale Thomas to come. Against PNL whom have Jackson Trengove, Matt Priddis, Daniel Rich, Matthew Lobbe, Chad Wingard and Justin Westhoff to come! PNL have the quality... but Berlin have the points on the board. Without hoping to jinx myself, I genuinely believe Berlin will win on HGA  :-X

Pacific are having another good week, and MIGHT crack the 1400. It doesn't really matter, Buenos Aires are having a bad one.

Cairo would be nervously hoping they surpass 1000 this week  :-X they are having a shocker; all but ensuring a Cape Town victory.

Dublin are having a shocker. They're looking at a sub 150 score! It's a shame Seoul are completed as shown above.

New York are looking to crack 1500 this week, and I'm backing them to get it done against Mexico from here. But, with the Suns having 6 players to come, you never know!

Moscow and Rio are also having a really close match! Moscow are 42 points ahead, with HGA (34), Robbie Gray (CC), Naitanui, Monfries, Sheed and Docherty to come. Against Rio whom have A.Walker, Yeo, M.Murphy, Cornes, L.Taylor and P.Cripps to come. Moscow have the quality here, so I'll back them to get it done.

New Delhi would be frustrated at having 3 players eligible for the sub-rule, and might have to take all of their scores. Christchurch easily.

Now this is the real surprise of the week! Tokyo are going all-guns blazing, and have matched it with the mighty Toronto Wolves so far. Tokyo are currently 107 points ahead, with Judd and a rested J.Cripps to come. Against Toronto, whom have  HGA (39), Sam Butler, Paddy Ryder and Mitch Robinson to come! Very close! I think the Wolves might get it done on HGA.

roo boys!

Looking to be a very good round with a number of close finishes!

Mitch Robbo has been very up and down this season, while all the other players still to play have been pretty consistant, so my gut feeling is he'll hold the key to this one

Nige

Jukes

^ banned for evading the swear filter?

But you mean 2-6 right

Nige

Quote from: Bane on May 10, 2015, 12:17:50 PM
^ banned for evading the swear filter?

But you mean 2-6 right
Oh yeah, I'd forgotten about that tbh.  :P

Ringo

Unfortunately a below par performance from Capt Hanners looks like costing us this game against Bejing.  Well done Bejing.

Purple 77

Half time Carl/Bris, and I'm hoping like hell Rich doesn't get subbed out during it *queue a massive second half*

Really need Thomas and Golby to not get less than 61...

Paparone is just awesome, btw.

Purple 77

Nige

roo boys!

Pre-scaling has Judd beating Robbo by 19, leaving the equation looking like:

Ryder + Butler

vs

Cripps (x1.1) + 86

At half time Cripps and Butler even on 33 and Ryder sitting on 41. Could not be closer! Great time for me to go out for a mothers day dinner haha

Purple 77

Toga

So we are 190 points ahead of London with all of our players done, and with Sheppard & LeCras still playing for the Royals. Going to come down to the wire! :o

Toga

Can I just say, how good a pickup has Tommy Bell been for us this year! 103 average across the first 6 rounds 8)

Gotta be our best pickup of the offseason!

Toga

Quote from: Toga on May 10, 2015, 06:56:31 PM
So we are 190 points ahead of London with all of our players done, and with Sheppard & LeCras still playing for the Royals. Going to come down to the wire! :o

Lecras (100) and Sheppard (42) combine for 142 at the last break. 48 points between them in the last Q needed for London to get up! Game on!!!

Purple 77

Going off SC Paige scores, PNL need 90 points in the last quarter to beat me, from 5 players.

18 points per player... maybe I have some hope after all? ALL of PNL's players stopped a bit in the 3rd  :-X

THE STRESS!!!!