Kelly: Busted nut.

Started by Carn, May 05, 2015, 03:42:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carn

Keep or move on?
Options include Hibberd, Simpson, Tmac, Rance, where are the def  premos?

tor01doc

Quote from: Carn on May 05, 2015, 03:42:40 PM
Keep or move on?

Kelly or the nut?

I have Hibberd so avoid.

TMac seems a good pick. Houli? Birchall?

kilbluff1985

RaisyDaisy

Busting a nut usually means something else, but he actually did it!  ;D

honza

Quote from: tor01doc on May 05, 2015, 03:46:35 PM
Quote from: Carn on May 05, 2015, 03:42:40 PM
Keep or move on?

Kelly or the nut?

The problem with PMSL at this... I'm on holidays lounging around with my mum, and she made me explain what was so funny. Awkward...

johnoP

Without knowing when he will return its a really tough call- i have him with no bench cover so i've either gotta trade him out or go goodes to mckenzie(which in turn relies on mckenzie JS) and hope its 3 weeks not 6 weeks. 
for a straight swap Birchall is probally who im looking at. Houli is about as expensive as hes going to get, hibbo/smith/simpson are going to be much cheaper in the short term future, and im 100% certain that the moment I trade in TMAC he will go into ultra spud mode and I just dont have the heart to do that to all the TMAC owners.

PiPies

No time frame set for his return. You'd think it would have to be at least a few weeks to recover from the surgery.

johnoP

Quote from: PiPies on May 05, 2015, 03:56:16 PM
No time frame set for his return. You'd think it would have to be at least a few weeks to recover from the surgery.

3-6 weeks seems to be the prevailing opinion.

PiPies

Quote from: johnoP on May 05, 2015, 03:56:10 PM
Without knowing when he will return its a really tough call- i have him with no bench cover so i've either gotta trade him out or go goodes to mckenzie(which in turn relies on mckenzie JS) and hope its 3 weeks not 6 weeks. 
for a straight swap Birchall is probally who im looking at. Houli is about as expensive as hes going to get, hibbo/smith/simpson are going to be much cheaper in the short term future, and im 100% certain that the moment I trade in TMAC he will go into ultra spud mode and I just dont have the heart to do that to all the TMAC owners.

Same situation for me. no cover with Kelly and Goodes on the bench. 420k is too much on the bench if it's 4+ weeks IMO. Geelong have 2 Friday night games and one last game of the round over the next month so he's not even loophole worthy. I'll be trading him out.

upthemaidens

Heard something on the radio about the same injury to another player(can't remember who), they returned after 3 weeks wearing a cricket box for protection.

nas

Quote from: upthemaidens on May 05, 2015, 04:32:00 PM
Heard something on the radio about the same injury to another player(can't remember who), they returned after 3 weeks wearing a cricket box for protection.

Richard Douglas > Crows after 3 weeks.

BomberSam

Hibberd and Simpson both have 122 breakevens from memory, so they should both bottom out next week or the week after if you choose to hold this week. A lot can change in one week, you could wait and see what opportunity arises.

It really depends on your defensive situation. If you are like 95% of other teams with a struggling defence, you may have to act this week. Who else do you have down back?

js19

Kelly himself just said on Fox Footy 'at least a month'

plumdog millionaire

No question about it, trade. If you're going for overall anything above 2 weeks is trade worthy

Carn

Quote from: BomberSam on May 05, 2015, 04:54:24 PM
Hibberd and Simpson both have 122 breakevens from memory, so they should both bottom out next week or the week after if you choose to hold this week. A lot can change in one week, you could wait and see what opportunity arises.

It really depends on your defensive situation. If you are like 95% of other teams with a struggling defence, you may have to act this week. Who else do you have down back?

Shaw Higgins Newnes
Kelly Oxe Saad 
(McIntosh Brown)

For me I could swing McIntosh onto the ground and wait a week for Hibberd/Simpson. Seems like good idea although both have concerns. Hibberd not get as much of it this year and Simpson's scoring drives me mad 10pts qtrs but then some how finishes with a decent score.