Main Menu

Pittard

Started by cortez, May 05, 2015, 10:01:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cortez

Currently one of the cheaper possible premiums in the back line scored a 67 in round one but has averaged over 100 since that game is is racking up the possessions. what are peoples thoughts on him? can he keep it up? at 451k i think he could be a great option?

Ricochet

PowerBug

So annoyed I had him in my team and changed him to Hurn only because I had the cash to make the change. Now I am praying that he doesn't keep it up but I think he will. I was expecting a low scoring Showdown but he is on fire!!

Basically feel free to take the risk and get him in, I think he will level out at around $500k. And with the backs being so inconsistent and unreliable, I am hesitant to make any trades in my backline. So I don't mind if I get him at $500k, would rather be certain.
Leader of the King Karl Amon fan club
Coach of WXV side Rio De Janeiro Jaguars
2023 SC: Rank 126

jfitty

I'll admit I'm tempted to change my mind on holding Malceski and bring Pittard in. He's still at a decent price and has shown he can score well against the good sides.

He looked bloody good on Sunday against the Crows, they definitely love the ball in his hands.

cortez

since round 1 he has scored 130, 94, 101 & 104, pretty consistent aswell as lowest possies in that time is 23. looking pretty good to me

FactHunt

Quote from: PowerBug on May 05, 2015, 10:14:29 AM
So annoyed I had him in my team and changed him to Hurn only because I had the cash to make the change. Now I am praying that he doesn't keep it up but I think he will. I was expecting a low scoring Showdown but he is on fire!!

Basically feel free to take the risk and get him in, I think he will level out at around $500k. And with the backs being so inconsistent and unreliable, I am hesitant to make any trades in my backline. So I don't mind if I get him at $500k, would rather be certain.

What's goin on with Hurn's scoring? I haven't seen any Eagle's games, but I was strongly considering him pre-season as a premo. Has his role on field changed? Or do you think he is just feeling the pressure of the captaincy?

But yeah, have to consider Pittard given his role... looks as though he could keep up his scoring trend

RaisyDaisy

I've considered him, but there's just something about him that I cant pick him lol

I think I will pass for now and look at guys like Smith and Hibberd who are bottoming out

colmullet

Quote from: FactHunt on May 05, 2015, 11:28:45 AM

What's goin on with Hurn's scoring? I haven't seen any Eagle's games, but I was strongly considering him pre-season as a premo. Has his role on field changed? Or do you think he is just feeling the pressure of the captaincy?

But yeah, have to consider Pittard given his role... looks as though he could keep up his scoring trend

To many key backmen at west coast injured and Hurn is having to put more time into a man rather than rebounding

FactHunt

Quote from: colmullet on May 05, 2015, 11:34:45 AM

To many key backmen at west coast injured and Hurn is having to put more time into a man rather than rebounding
Cheers colmullet. I don't suppose that looks like turning around with McKenzie + Brown out for the year...

PowerBug

Quote from: FactHunt on May 05, 2015, 11:38:01 AM
Quote from: colmullet on May 05, 2015, 11:34:45 AM

Cheers colmullet. I don't suppose that looks like turning around with McKenzie + Brown out for the year...
Correct. But I'm going to hold for now, Hibberd, Smith, Simpson etc not doing much better and not worth wasting a trade on.
Leader of the King Karl Amon fan club
Coach of WXV side Rio De Janeiro Jaguars
2023 SC: Rank 126

Padawan

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on May 05, 2015, 11:32:11 AM
I think I will pass for now and look at guys like Smith and Hibberd who are bottoming out

YoungGun

I really like the look of pittard, pretty much always going at 80% DE or more and loves to kick the footy. But will still wait a while before jumping on.

js19

I don't like the quarterback word being used, but they look to him as a distributor at the moment, and being clean helps his scores as well. Still wait and see though - defence is just a killer this year...

honza

Knock on Jasper is he can pull epic clangers. Hinkley mentioned it last year, so you know he's been riding him about that.

I like him as a player. 450k is getting pricey so if you're in get on this week. Ship may have sailed.

Not sure about leg tats though.

js19

Quote from: honza on May 05, 2015, 01:09:33 PM
Knock on Jasper is he can pull epic clangers. Hinkley mentioned it last year, so you know he's been riding him about that.

I like him as a player. 450k is getting pricey so if you're in get on this week.

Not sure about leg tats though.

More a neck and face man? The tear drops are coming back!  ;D