Picking midfield Premiums.

Started by Dayze, May 04, 2015, 07:37:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dayze

Been hit with most of the injuries first month. Started Gaz Rocky and Bartel.
Been carrying over 700k all year and im looking forward to spending it on some fallen midfield prems. The most exciting part of supercoach.

My midfield is Fyfe, JPK, Jelwood and Neale.
Looking at two of the following options for Salem and Heeney.
651k+ Salem (285) + Heeney (232) = 1.168mil to spend on 2x midfielders...

Pendles 634k- Had every intention of getting him straight after his bye. Another round 12 player not ideal. Expensive considering the price of some mids atm.

Hanners 591k- fully priced and has flirted with this kind of form in the past. round 12 bye

Shiel 535k- Only a few dollars more than his starting price when clearly in the middle of a breakout. Am I watering down the quality of my mids by having him at M7 at years end and Neale at M8? 105 for the rest of the year isn't really good enough.
Can he continue 110 for the next 18 rounds

Heppell 575k- Makes sense to tag him nowadays. Think jobe will b left alone more and more. Bad bye

Danger 522k- Perfect bye and price. Thought Walsh would play him off a wing every now and then to get him off the bottom of every pack, not parked at full forward. Have watched every crows game except sunday where he had 30+ possessions. Will he b put on ball more often? if he does he is a 115 player.

Beams 567k- Only concern is a horribly unbalanced Brizzy side. Do we all think he will stay above 110? Im leaning towards yes.

Priddis 535k- You know what ur going to get but will that be good enough to be a top 10 mid from here on?

Barlow 489k- Was so close to starting the year with him. Obviously a new role but is this just becoz of his ankle concern he had heading into round 1? or has it been the emergence of Neale?

Parker 483k- Another I had all preseason. Watched him round one before he got KOd and he was nothing short of phenomenal.
Concussion has definedly rocked his season. This price for a player capable of going 110+ feels a little too hard to pass up.
Another bloody round 12 bye player

Sorry for the Essay. Need some sound advice from my FF crew. cheers

AlexIsOnFire

I'm looking at Barlow given how cheap he is, and also Beams.

Grufflez

Pendles or Shiel
Shiel has his sights on a massive contract at another club....money is a big incentive

Priddis might be a good pick as well

brudski

Quote from: Grufflez on May 04, 2015, 08:28:18 PM
Pendles or Shiel
Shiel has his sights on a massive contract at another club....money is a big incentive

I would say Pendles, his mr consistant and you know what you are going to get

Dayze

I think deep down I know pendles is the right choice, there's just so much value elsewhere.
The shiel pick excites me.

brudski

Totally agree with you Dayze! The smart move would be trade in pendles but the thought myself being able to get shiel and goddard this week is tempting. 

Sabretooth Tigers

:)

Reckon Pendles is a no brainer, what you lose on 1 bye you make up on the rest, and Shiel.  Go the two. Best of luck.     ;)

HotTiges

Pendles is virtually a lock for VC. Been probably my best pick pre round 1. Wish I went Shiel over Griffen..

Spotted gum

Ward is a beast, wins the hard ball and won't get tagged

Jesty

Has to be Mr reliable.  If I didn't have him then that would be my #1 target, sooner the better byes or not.

Mat0369

I would lock and load Pendles as one.

The other one is not as easy. A couple guys that have scored really well but you would have to expect to drop off at some point are Mundy, Armitage and Thompson. If he didn't have such a poor bye I would grab Heppell. I saw him as a breakout candidate at the start of the year. I really wanted to start him, Hanners and Sidebottom but ended up going with the latter two.

Looking at bye and price of the guys you listed Shiel has to be the ideal candidate.

Speaking of Sidebottom, he could be back this week.....

Dayze

Thanks boys. I think it's unanimous I should get pendles.
Only reason I left him out was becoz I didn't want to take out fyfe pre round one.

Shiel and pendles with a slight chance of Parker instead of shiels. Ur all guns

Dayze

I'm 2700 short. Very annoying. Could keep Heeney and trade out hogan via the krak?
Think I'm culling hogan a bit early tho

LordSneeze

Quote from: Dayze on May 04, 2015, 10:16:49 PM
I'm 2700 short. Very annoying. Could keep Heeney and trade out hogan via the krak?
Think I'm culling hogan a bit early tho
In one word
Yes

jfitty

Quote from: Spotted gum on May 04, 2015, 08:58:16 PM
Ward is a beast, wins the hard ball and won't get tagged

Do you reckon Ward will go 115-ish again? Hasn't had a massive start, perhaps the emergence of the other GWS mids (particularly Shiel) and the arrival of Griffen might mean he doesn't quite hit last year's numbers?

What about Sloane? Probably a week early for him though.