Lyon: Limited contact with Sylvia

Started by valkorum, April 28, 2015, 10:39:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grazz

Quote from: Capper on April 28, 2015, 05:31:57 PM
Quote from: Ricochet on April 28, 2015, 05:25:45 PM
well there you go...

http://www.fremantlefc.com.au/news/2015-04-28/colin-sylvia-to-retire

Colin Sylvia is to retire from the AFL, with the 29-year-old and the Fremantle Dockers agreeing that he depart the club immediately. -
wow, that was quick.

Did he get a farewell cake and eat the whole thing??

Haha. Used up Fremantle and their money and never gave anything back, lost a bit of respect for this bloke.

GoLions

"reached a financial settlement with Fremantle"

Didn't realise they still gave out those Maccas vouchers anymore

Grazz

Quote from: GoLions on April 28, 2015, 06:33:30 PM
"reached a financial settlement with Fremantle"

Didn't realise they still gave out those Maccas vouchers anymore

Only the two for one deals im led to believe mate. :P

anchorman

Quote from: Capper on April 28, 2015, 12:48:04 PM
Ahhh Freo, where fwds go to die

Hmm which gets me thinking. Who do i want at Freo next to finish their career??

If Dusty went to Freo it would be all over imo
I seem to remember a fella called Chris Tarrant that was a forward, or that is how others thought of him, but Fremantle found out that he was a better than average backman. Fremantle taught him, and then he went home.
Strange thing the memory.

Capper

Quote from: anchorman on April 28, 2015, 10:34:40 PM

I seem to remember a fella called Chris Tarrant that was a forward, or that is how others thought of him, but Fremantle found out that he was a better than average backman. Fremantle taught him, and then he went home.
True but he couldnt get a game as a fwd. Maybe they should have tried the same thing with Gumbleton, Anthony and Sylvia

Ricochet

Quote from: Capper on April 28, 2015, 10:51:13 PM

True but he couldnt get a game as a fwd. Maybe they should have tried the same thing with Gumbleton, Anthony and Sylvia
He didn't start playing back until his final years as a Docker ???

Capper

Quote from: Ricochet on April 29, 2015, 09:58:23 AM
Quote from: Capper on April 28, 2015, 10:51:13 PM

He didn't start playing back until his final years as a Docker ???
but i thought that he was only playing back as he could get a game and when he did he couldnt get close to the ball as a fwd

valkorum

Tarrant played 1 season as a forward (2008), then started 2009 as a forward but was moved to the backline that year.  He spent the rest of 2009 and 2010 as a defender before returning to Collingwood (cos his wife complained)

Capper

so he pretty much played every game then? wow

Ricochet

Quote from: valkorum on April 29, 2015, 01:01:55 PM
Tarrant played 1 season as a forward (2008), then started 2009 as a forward but was moved to the backline that year.  He spent the rest of 2009 and 2010 as a defender before returning to Collingwood (cos his wife complained)
Don't forget 2007 as well :)

Capper

Quote from: Ricochet on April 29, 2015, 01:07:56 PM
so you are telling me that his wife put up living in Freo for 4 years?? Wow, must have been some great arguments

Capper

Quote from: Ricochet on April 29, 2015, 01:07:56 PM
Thinking back now, we probably would have only got 1 live to air game a week back then and maybe one on delay

So i wouldnt have seen too many Freo games

j959

Extracts from: http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-04-28/colin-sylvia-to-retire

Sounds like the club 'got out of jail' so to speak?? ...
From above:

Sylvia had another year to run on a lucrative three-year deal. It is understood that the club has negotiated a partial payment to Sylvia in 2015 and no payments in 2016. It is understood, as per any other retirement, he will not be listed in 2016 and no payments will go towards the Dockers' salary cap.

But then this ...

Bond said he was very comfortable that the club had done its due diligence on Sylvia before recruiting him as free agent at the end of 2013.

"I'm really comfortable with all the work we've done in regards to Colin and our other recruits as well," Bond said.

"We're really comfortable that we knew what was coming through the door."

Obviously they didn't because they paid way overs!!!  :o   ::)   :P   :-X   ;)

Capper

Cmon Bodny, pass it around, dont hog all of it

Capper

don't want to start another thread to ask this question, but should Freo chase a local boy Cam McCarthy??