Main Menu

Lyon: Limited contact with Sylvia

Started by valkorum, April 28, 2015, 10:39:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

valkorum

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-04-27/i-have-limited-contact?utm_medium=RSS

Lyon told 3AW on Monday night that Sylvia remained a "work in progress" and when asked whether Sylvia was just a slow learner, replied: "I think that's proven to be the case.”

"We always see possibility in people. He's got strong resources wrapped around him with his duty of care coach, his individual coach.

"The conditioners are in contact with him every day. He certainly just hasn't been cut free. But I have limited contact to be truthful."

Ricochet

He's done, should have just cut his contact early and paid him out. If a bloke with that much talent,  in the system,  with that much support around him still can't improve then he won't ever

Capper

Ahhh Freo, where fwds go to die

Hmm which gets me thinking. Who do i want at Freo next to finish their career??

If Dusty went to Freo it would be all over imo

Ricochet

::)

While there's been some failures, DPearce has certainly been a success.

Capper

He isnt a fwd though.

I think Dusty would like the Perth lifestyle too much

elephants

Bad call imo, if you're referring to guys like Jack Anthony and Scott Gumbleton then their careers were basically over before they went to Freo.

Capper

I thought they were brought in to Freo to help out Pav

Watts could come over to Freo

elephants

Quote from: Capper on April 28, 2015, 02:41:35 PM

Its a risk-free acquisition when you get them for peanuts. They'll nail one and look like champions soon.

valkorum

Quote from: elephants on April 28, 2015, 03:17:33 PM

Its a risk-free acquisition when you get them for peanuts. They'll nail one and look like champions soon.

Danyle Pearce - Gold
Jack Anthony was definitely a bomb but at least he gave it a go.
Gumbleton was a risk (low speculative pick given in return) - If his body had of held up it would have looked like a sensational move.
Sylvia - Looking to be a total disaster.

I was against our initial pickup of Sylvia (especially when we have Duffy, Crozier as similar type players) but then fully supported him while he was here.  From the looks of things, he is now a lost cause.  Every time I look at the Peel Thunder stats he has less than 6 possessions.  Not good enough and I actually cant wait til his contract expires and we de-list him.

Capper

Quote from: valkorum on April 28, 2015, 03:44:03 PM
Quote from: elephants on April 28, 2015, 03:17:33 PM

Danyle Pearce - Gold
Jack Anthony was definitely a bomb but at least he gave it a go.
Gumbleton was a risk (low speculative pick given in return) - If his body had of held up it would have looked like a sensational move.
Sylvia - Looking to be a total disaster.

I was against our initial pickup of Sylvia (especially when we have Duffy, Crozier as similar type players) but then fully supported him while he was here.  From the looks of things, he is now a lost cause.  Every time I look at the Peel Thunder stats he has less than 6 possessions.  Not good enough and I actually cant wait til his contract expires and we de-list him.
so it sounds like he has cracked the showers about n ot being in the 1s and isnt putting in in the 2s

Mr.Craig

Always good to limit your contact with an infectious disease.

Ricochet

well there you go...

http://www.fremantlefc.com.au/news/2015-04-28/colin-sylvia-to-retire

Colin Sylvia is to retire from the AFL, with the 29-year-old and the Fremantle Dockers agreeing that he depart the club immediately. -

Capper

Quote from: Ricochet on April 28, 2015, 05:25:45 PM
well there you go...

Colin Sylvia is to retire from the AFL, with the 29-year-old and the Fremantle Dockers agreeing that he depart the club immediately. -
wow, that was quick.

Did he get a farewell cake and eat the whole thing??

Big Mac

Quote from: Capper on April 28, 2015, 05:31:57 PM
Quote from: Ricochet on April 28, 2015, 05:25:45 PM
well there you go...

wow, that was quick.

Did he get a farewell cake and eat the whole thing??

hahaha  ;D

elephants

Quote"I would like to thank the Fremantle Football Club for the opportunity I was given to continue my AFL career after leaving Melbourne."

More like...

Quote"I would like to thank the Fremantle Football Club for the direct payment of one million dollars over three years straight into my bank account for a grand total of 6 AFL games in which I averaged an enormous 9 possessions per game."