Poll: Which Premium Defender?

Started by no eye deer, April 27, 2015, 09:17:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hawkboy80

Quote from: Southstorm on April 27, 2015, 01:10:27 PM
Quote from: RaisyDaisy on April 27, 2015, 11:35:48 AM
Shaw or McDonald for mine

Shaw is the most proven of the bunch, and McDonald at 457k is still great value. The guy hasn't scored below mid 90's all year, and that's include his 3 NAB games too!

He is the breakout contender this year, not Newnes
I'm very wary of McDonald. Cale Hooker was averaging 105 before Rd. 8 last year and finished with an average of 80. McDonald's sudden jump in form is similarly inexplicable so he might just end up the same.
Yeah been there last year .... NEVER AGAIN  >:(

ronl

What bothers me about Hibberd, Hurley, Hooker is their lack of a full-on pre-season, which could very well catch up with them, I'm guessing, from round 10-12 onwards.  I'm Essendon through and through, but I'm quite prepared for them to fall in a heap at some stage in the second half.

H1bb3i2d

Quote from: ronl on April 29, 2015, 07:08:59 PM
What bothers me about Hibberd, Hurley, Hooker is their lack of a full-on pre-season, which could very well catch up with them, I'm guessing, from round 10-12 onwards.  I'm Essendon through and through, but I'm quite prepared for them to fall in a heap at some stage in the second half.

It's not like they didn't do a full-preseason. Just didn't play a couple of NAB games. If anything that would keep them 2 games fresher than others comes the business end of the season? It's not like many of the games superstars have much gametime during the NAB anyway, and they seem to do well when it counts.

no eye deer

Quote from: no eye deer on April 28, 2015, 09:58:13 AM
I'm leaning slightly towards NVB to Tarrant and Goodes to Hibberd now. Hibberd is a proven premo with a break even of 90, so he won't get much cheaper. It also leaves me with $117,300 in the kitty for future upgrades. I'll keep Heeney for a while and loophole him while he's not playing.

Gee, that worked out well. NOT! Won my cash league by four points, otherwise I'd be dirty as! Oh well, hopefully it's worth it in the long run, he'll come good.