Poll: Which Premium Defender?

Started by no eye deer, April 27, 2015, 09:17:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tor01doc

Quote from: Goosey on April 27, 2015, 08:40:15 PM
Quote from: tor01doc on April 27, 2015, 07:39:54 PM
Quote from: H1bb3i2d on April 27, 2015, 06:41:52 PM
I really rate Hurley as a POD, he's always scored very nice numbers when playing in defense, and now he's had the chance to settle down there and gain more confidence those numbers will only improve. Big possession getter for a key defender and always a tidy SC:DT ratio. I chose Newnes and Hibberd instead though.

Shaw and Smith will be cheap in a couple of weeks, otherwise Hibberd is cheap now and has been typically solid since his down first week.

Is that the Chardonnay or the Shiraz?  ;D

It's got to be the Sauvignon Blanc doc.

What? The cat's piss.

Goosey

Quote from: tor01doc on April 27, 2015, 08:55:42 PM
Quote from: Goosey on April 27, 2015, 08:40:15 PM
Quote from: tor01doc on April 27, 2015, 07:39:54 PM
Quote from: H1bb3i2d on April 27, 2015, 06:41:52 PM
I really rate Hurley as a POD, he's always scored very nice numbers when playing in defense, and now he's had the chance to settle down there and gain more confidence those numbers will only improve. Big possession getter for a key defender and always a tidy SC:DT ratio. I chose Newnes and Hibberd instead though.

Shaw and Smith will be cheap in a couple of weeks, otherwise Hibberd is cheap now and has been typically solid since his down first week.

Is that the Chardonnay or the Shiraz?  ;D

It's got to be the Sauvignon Blanc doc.

What? The cat's piss.

LOL, it's what they're famous for!

Marstar

Quote from: no eye deer on April 27, 2015, 12:05:26 PM
Like who? Whitex? Kelly? Andrews? Not sold on any of them. I only have Simmo, so I think its time to get a premo.

I jumped on WhiteX and if he in the best 22 Round 1 he would have been a lock for most.

I'd rather get a fallen Mid Super Premo in 2 weeks than spend it on a $500k defender this week.

no eye deer

I'm leaning slightly towards NVB to Tarrant and Goodes to Hibberd now. Hibberd is a proven premo with a break even of 90, so he won't get much cheaper. It also leaves me with $117,300 in the kitty for future upgrades. I'll keep Heeney for a while and loophole him while he's not playing.

Ricochet

Yeh do it mate. Can't go wrong with Hibberd mate. He's a proven premo and won't get much cheaper

reesbr

lucky

I'm liking mcgovern, already have hibberd, he has proven he can be high scoring player, and reads the play really well. Its a risk but ill be getting him and smith in next to complete my def line.

jfitty

With Malceski's injury I'm (embarrassingly) looking at defensive premos.

Hibberd is really tempting, proven performer, and it looks like last year he had a few injury issues which brought his average down a bit.

Think I'd be more inclined to back him in, and bring in the more unproven guys with future upgrades.

Thewizz71

Quote from: jfitty on April 28, 2015, 12:29:01 PM
With Malceski's injury I'm (embarrassingly) looking at defensive premos.

Hibberd is really tempting, proven performer, and it looks like last year he had a few injury issues which brought his average down a bit.

Think I'd be more inclined to back him in, and bring in the more unproven guys with future upgrades.
Sounds logical. Next week for me. 2 downgrades this week.

Judd Magic

Is a backline of Higgins, Lumumba, Hunt, Saad, Oxley, McIntosh (Kelly, Goddard) too weak if it means it allows me to get JPK in next week as my M6?  :-\

jfitty

I just noticed Jasper Pittard in the poll and he's started to peak my interest. Is anyone considering him seriously?

Had an ordinary match in round 1, but followed it up against Sydney in round 2 with a career-high 34 disposals!!

Shown he can score well against the stronger teams, is he a legit breakout candidate?

Belegur

Looking for some ideas on backline trades, have over $400k to play with. current backline is

Shaw, newnes, ibo, Mctosh, Oxley, saad, brown, Goodes.

thinking about keeping Goodes  and upgrading brown so I can loophole if all the rookies are named.  Who should I bring in?

H1bb3i2d

Quote from: jfitty on April 28, 2015, 02:13:04 PM
I just noticed Jasper Pittard in the poll and he's started to peak my interest. Is anyone considering him seriously?

Had an ordinary match in round 1, but followed it up against Sydney in round 2 with a career-high 34 disposals!!

Shown he can score well against the stronger teams, is he a legit breakout candidate?

Has great potential, just not sure if he will rub those quiet games out or not. He does cop the odd forward tag too

BomberSam

Quote from: Belegur on April 28, 2015, 03:21:21 PM
Looking for some ideas on backline trades, have over $400k to play with. current backline is

Shaw, newnes, ibo, Mctosh, Oxley, saad, brown, Goodes.

thinking about keeping Goodes  and upgrading brown so I can loophole if all the rookies are named.  Who should I bring in?

My defence is the same except Lumumba instead of Brown.

Firstly, we don't know whether Goodes will miss this week. Even if he is, I am thinking I'll let him sit there and leak cash because I have other priorities.

With your current defence I think you should be looking to add a keeper. If you are trading Brown or Goodes, consider Smith and Hodge, they look like two probable keepers. Personally I like Hibberd, he has probably bottomed out, and he is just hitting form. If ever there is a time to get on him, it's now or next week.

GoLions