Poll: Which Premium Defender?

Started by no eye deer, April 27, 2015, 09:17:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

no eye deer

Thought I'd throw up a poll, as there is probably a few of us contemplating this. If I trade Heeney to Tarrant via Krak, it leaves me with $516,400 to trade Goodes up to a premo. The only two defenders I cant afford are Hodge and Rance, so I've left them out of the poll. I can add them in if anyone wants. Already have Simpson.

So, its pretty much take a risk on an unproven premo who's scoring well (Hooker,McDonald,Pittard etc) or a proven premo not in the best form (Shaw).

I know I should probably stick with the tried and true option, but someone like Pittard is much cheaper than say Smith who isnt really a proven premo (yet). Also Smith looks to be tapering off a touch, whereas Pittard is ramping up.

Thoughts?

crowls

Quote from: no eye deer on April 27, 2015, 09:17:10 AM
Thought I'd throw up a poll, as there is probably a few of us contemplating this. If I trade Heeney to Tarrant via Krak, it leaves me with $516,400 to trade Goodes up to a premo. The only two defenders I cant afford are Hodge and Rance, so I've left them out of the poll. I can add them in if anyone wants. Already have Simpson.

So, its pretty much take a risk on an unproven premo who's scoring well (Hooker,McDonald,Pittard etc) or a proven premo not in the best form (Shaw).

I know I should probably stick with the tried and true option, but someone like Pittard is much cheaper than say Smith who isnt really a proven premo (yet).

Thoughts?
NED   I just feel Smith playing in the mids is the Swallow of this year and will cost me if I dont get him in soon.   Lucky for me I have a team full of backline spuds to choose from.    KK, Goodes, Newnes, Lumumba.   In my case it will be KK or Newnes as Goodes is going for Kelly this week.

no eye deer

Yeah, my backs are the same, haven't got KK though, thank f@#k! Your right about Smith, I just like the way Pittard is going about it and could be a great POD.

crowls

Quote from: no eye deer on April 27, 2015, 09:55:02 AM
Yeah, my backs are the same, haven't got KK though, thank f@#k! Your right about Smith, I just like the way Pittard is going about it and could be a great POD.
You have piqued my interest in Pittard.   Will head off and do some research.   All the best.   
Should start a thread for lowest backline score without a donut.   Me 337 this week.

Gigantor

The Gov, reads the play like a psychic and is good for 2 intercept marks a quarter which are worth something crazy like 6 pts. Plus has no competition in the Eagles back line

no eye deer

Quote from: Gigantor on April 27, 2015, 10:01:01 AM
The Gov, reads the play like a psychic and is good for 2 intercept marks a quarter which are worth something crazy like 6 pts. Plus has no competition in the Eagles back line

Yeah, hes definitely been on the watchlist this season. Theres a heap of defenders playing well, picking the one that will keep it up is the hard part! ???

jfitty

Quote from: no eye deer on April 27, 2015, 10:22:04 AM

Yeah, hes definitely been on the watchlist this season. Theres a heap of defenders playing well, picking the one that will keep it up is the hard part! ???

I've got McGovern in a bubble with McDonald and Hooker at the moment. They've all started really well, but not sure if they will keep it up or not. Hooker started fast and fizzled out last year.

With that in mind I'd be going Shaw or Smith, guys that are more proven.

Gigantor

As much as I love McGovern my current Premo bye split is 2/5/7 so I would probably have to pass on him and McDonald and look at Smith/Rance/Simpson/Hawthorn backs

BomberSam

The Pig. Michael Hibberd.

He has found form and bottomed out (?) at 460k. Neat POD, holds sentimental value to me being an Essendon supporter too. I just traded Goodes up to him.

crowls

Quote from: BomberSam on April 27, 2015, 10:43:00 AM

He has found form and bottomed out (?) at 460k. Neat POD, holds sentimental value to me being an Essendon supporter too. I just traded Goodes up to him.
Nice.     No bombers in my team yet.   Looking at Jobe, Hibs Heppel.   

plumdog millionaire

Woah, I did the exact same thing with the exact same logic

tor01doc

For those voting for Smith, beware.

I got him in for Goodes and because he is a spud, I lost my cash league by 2 points!

PS Heeney on field didn't help either but I still blame Smith.

RaisyDaisy

Shaw or McDonald for mine

Shaw is the most proven of the bunch, and McDonald at 457k is still great value. The guy hasn't scored below mid 90's all year, and that's include his 3 NAB games too!

He is the breakout contender this year, not Newnes

BomberSam

Quote from: plumdog millionaire on April 27, 2015, 10:51:46 AM

Woah, I did the exact same thing with the exact same logic

Let's hope not many others share this logic. Would be nice if his ownership would stay below 10 percent for a while.

Marstar

There are no clear D Premiums so why upgrade in this line?

Downgrade Goodes to a Cow and upgrade another line where you're more likely to get the consistent points you pay for.