Bachar Houli

Started by Bully, April 19, 2015, 12:00:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bully

Thought he deserves some recognition for a super start to the season. Scores of 102, 89 & 150 put him pretty close to the top of the defenders chart and he's still reasonably affordable. Will be 480k next week so worth considering if people are looking at moving on Newnes.

kilbluff1985

had him last year to many scores under 80

Bully

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on April 19, 2015, 12:04:41 AM

The year before he averaged 91, think he will nudge 95 this year.

BigMac_93

Wouldn't trade Newnes just yet. Houli hasn't really been an elite sc scorer before so I would wait until later in the year to see if his form continues. His 2 scores of 100+ have come against two pretty average teams aswell.

Bully

Quote from: BigMac_93 on April 19, 2015, 12:07:48 AM
Wouldn't trade Newnes just yet. Houli hasn't really been an elite sc scorer before so I would wait until later in the year to see if his form continues. His 2 scores of 100+ have come against two pretty average teams aswell.

Elite this year will be anything over 90, he has achieved that twice in the past 4 years. But that aside, this is the best I've seen him play, he's taking plenty of intercept marks and winning plenty of contested ball. Certainly deserves to be on the watchlist.

Colty

Newnes stinks, I have to get rid of Yarran now as well, might be for Houli...

Jroo

He's been superb so far, I'm definitely considering

Gorilla75

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on April 19, 2015, 12:04:41 AM

This!  Was one of my regrets from last year.

Footyrulz

Had him since the start  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Wanderer

He beats up on the easy teams

Ricochet

Was so close to starting this bloke. Has proven he can score well in the past and should go 90+ again

jfitty

Love the way Houli goes about it, but he is very prone to some stinkers.

Richmond has a run coming up of some harder teams (Geelong, North, Collingwood, Port, Essendon, Fremantle) so might see how he goes through that stretch and look at him after his bye.

Bully

Quote from: jfitty on April 19, 2015, 12:09:15 PM
Love the way Houli goes about it, but he is very prone to some stinkers.

Richmond has a run coming up of some harder teams (Geelong, North, Collingwood, Port, Essendon, Fremantle) so might see how he goes through that stretch and look at him after his bye.

He does have stinkers but there isn't one defender who doesn't throw in the occasional 40. Shaw, Simpson, Birch etc have all let us down at various stages.

_wato

Cannot believe I didn't start him over Newnes.

Went with Newnes, because well, everyone else was.

Bully

Quote from: _wato on April 19, 2015, 12:22:45 PM
Cannot believe I didn't start him over Newnes.

Went with Newnes, because well, everyone else was.

Me too, gutted as I talked him up all preseason, fell for the hype.