Bachar Houli

Started by Bully, April 19, 2015, 12:00:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LordSneeze

Quote from: Bully on April 19, 2015, 12:23:53 PM
Quote from: _wato on April 19, 2015, 12:22:45 PM
Cannot believe I didn't start him over Newnes.

Went with Newnes, because well, everyone else was.

Me too, gutted as I talked him up all preseason, fell for the hype.
I talked him up all preseason too, but then dropped him because I didn't want both Mcintosh and him on the field R1. Gutted aswell.

AaronKirk

He was very good last night.  Want to see him against a team likely to finish better than bottom 6 first.

Goosey

Looking at taking a punt on Houli, he gets plenty of it across half back and generally uses it well, means I get rid of Goodes so it's a win win!

Sideboob Bob

Goosey

Quote from: Sideboob Bob on April 23, 2015, 04:30:12 PM
Houli or Rance?
I know Rance is playing well too, but I see him as a deeper defender, more full back like, whereas I see Houli sweeping across half back collecting more of the ball.

BomberSam

But will he be top 6?

Goosey

Quote from: BomberSam on April 23, 2015, 06:51:22 PM
But will he be top 6?

Well, it's really hard to pick this year! I started with Shaw, Hibberd, Lumumba and Newnes + rookies. Houli seems like a fair addition to that list. Probably should go straight for B.Smith, but Houli is a bit cheaper and has more cash to make.

Ricochet

You don't need to focus on getting top 6 defenders this year. Only a handful will go 95+, then a heap between 85-95. Houli will be inside that group for sure

H1bb3i2d

Quote from: Ricochet on April 24, 2015, 01:21:08 PM
You don't need to focus on getting top 6 defenders this year. Only a handful will go 95+, then a heap between 85-95. Houli will be inside that group for sure

This. He's definitely in that 85-95 group. However, I already have Newnes and Lumumba from that group too, and with only 2 spots left, I'd rather save them for the 95+ guys I don't have (Smith, Simpson) unless an 85-95 player bobs up as a super bargain, say low 400s.

jfitty

Who's looking at him now? 127 at 3QT  :o :o

RaisyDaisy

Low score of 80 and this will be two 150+ scores out of 5 matches.

Kudos to those who started him. Might be hard to get in now - wouldn't be surprised to see him at the 530k mark or so

Jroo

Gun

But I expect teams will try to clamp down on him. Still, you'd be rapt with a 85-90 average from him.

no eye deer

Got him in Draft, so I've had my eye on him big time. Played safe this week and brought in Hibberd. I should really grow a pair!

PICCOLLO

Horse has bolted.  :(

Drak

I reckon the big difference this year is Hardwick has been pushing the play on at all costs idea. So Houli is slingshotting off the backline and getting stacks of rebound 50s and easy possessions.

After their 9 win with nothing to lose streak at the end of last season, Hardwick has tried to maintain that attitude. That being the case, I reckon Houli's numbers will continue. Even with a tag.

People are right 95 is a good def avg this year and he will be one.