Selwood - as if I don't have enough worries.

Started by ronl, April 14, 2015, 06:37:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ryanbob0357

Selwood and parker are costing me games. Parker gone next week without a doubt, can't see him getting back to averaging 109 like last season. Getting plenty of the ball but still can't score well

HotTiges

Quote from: ryanbob0357 on May 02, 2015, 05:27:30 PM
Selwood and parker are costing me games. Parker gone next week without a doubt, can't see him getting back to averaging 109 like last season. Getting plenty of the ball but still can't score well
trade them both..i dare ya

quinny88

Selwood traditionally starts slow.
Wishing I didn't start him but I certainly won't be trading him

jfitty

Will be at a tasty price the week after next, shouldn't be too much to upgrade Rich to him

dmac07

Quote from: ryanbob0357 on May 02, 2015, 05:27:30 PM

I have both these guys, they are getting on my nerves but will hold, will worry about getting some extra premiums first before trading the underperforming  ones.

Hoggyz_a_legend

Selwood? What about Parker!?! Racking em up but can't crack the ton to save himself! Low on my worries, but if he doesn't pull up his socks, he is going to be out on the street!

Big Mac

Quote from: quinny88 on May 02, 2015, 05:59:50 PM
Selwood traditionally starts slow.
Wishing I didn't start him but I certainly won't be trading him

I had a look at this during preseason to see if it would be worth bringing him in around the byes but it's just not true

Frozensage

Last year he killed it at the start. Could have got Pendle or him in rd4 for bartel and of course I made the tight ass move of getting him and have lost me 2 rds! Surprised only 83 yesterday, he was everywhere in 2nd half except kicking a goal!

PICCOLLO

The multiplier for clutch points this season has been reduced from 3x to 2x.  Selwood does play a few games where he only seems to get interested when the game is there to be won.  He won't get the benefits like he has in the past.

honza

Quote from: PICCOLLO on May 03, 2015, 11:11:43 AM
The multiplier for clutch points this season has been reduced from 3x to 2x.  Selwood does play a few games where he only seems to get interested when the game is there to be won.  He won't get the benefits like he has in the past.

I spent far too long in the summer making a guesstimate for how this would affect his season average. Could never get over 2 points. He got a big bump in a shower game last year by kicking a winning goal, which reduces to a sizeable bump.

Selwood's not averaging 125 because the season's 5 rounds old and he does throw in the odd average game, and Geelong is odd and average at the moment.

Jump on in a few weeks. Yoooink.

RaisyDaisy

A lot of us had doubts about starting him this year, but his rd13 bye was too good to ignore

We just need to hold - he's fine

PICCOLLO

Won't stop me jumping on in a few weeks. ;)

I think Geelong and Selwood are both suffering because of a decline (players out, getting older, etc.)

honza

Quote from: PICCOLLO on May 03, 2015, 11:23:37 AM

I think Geelong and Selwood are both suffering because of a decline (players out, getting older, etc.)

A couple of players needed to step up this year and haven't - Duncan in particular. Can't put it on Selwood.

PICCOLLO

Quote from: honza on May 03, 2015, 11:27:12 AM
Quote from: PICCOLLO on May 03, 2015, 11:23:37 AM

A couple of players needed to step up this year and haven't - Duncan in particular. Can't put it on Selwood.

Selwood is suffering because of the Geelong decline.  You miss out on goals assists when players drop marks/miss goals.  That's why Gaz is so good: most players play better (and score better) with adequate support to get them the ball/use it when given the ball

H1bb3i2d

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on May 03, 2015, 11:16:50 AM
A lot of us had doubts about starting him this year, but his rd13 bye was too good to ignore

We just need to hold - he's fine

This. But still, Rocky will be an absolute steal and Sloane looks like dropping even more than Jelwood in the next couple of weeks now, so it could be worse.