Who are the "must haves" before price changes?

Started by benharris222, April 09, 2015, 10:23:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

benharris222

I thought I would start this thread to see who everyone thinks are must haves rookies and mid prices by round 3, then those on the bubble during the season.

At the moment, my opinion:

DEF= McIntosh. Possibly Docherty/McGovern. Adam saad (depending on round 2.

MIDS= Vandenberg, Heeney, VanBerlo?

RUCKS: ???

FORWARDS: Swan, Hogan, Clark.

Again, this is just my opinion and based on who I picked and weare only 1 round in. But I would love to hear others opinions.

BomberSam

Not a must have, but Ollie Wines will never be this price again...

benharris222

Quote from: BomberSam on April 09, 2015, 10:26:42 PM
Not a must have, but Ollie Wines will never be this price again...

Yeah, I agree. Good pick. I didn't know what words to use, there aren't any certainties in supercoach.

Mat0369

You can't know after one round. A guy could come out and do his knee or score a 40 this week to make you think ish, I shouldn't have done that. I would assess after next week and still be hesitant on a few guys

benharris222

Quote from: Mat0369 on April 09, 2015, 11:05:43 PM
You can't know after one round. A guy could come out and do his knee or score a 40 this week to make you think ish, I shouldn't have done that. I would assess after next week and still be hesitant on a few guys

Thanks Matt, and I understand that. I was thinking of this being an ongoing thread to help people out. I know it's only one round in, and no-one can predict injuries, but I'd like to hear everyone's opinions on mid prices and rookies throughout the season.

YoungGun

Jack Watts, averaging 101. Will average 101 for the whole year based on his form thus far

batt

Quote from: YoungGun on April 09, 2015, 11:34:08 PM
Jack Watts, averaging 101. Will average 101 for the whole year based on his form thus far
Ollie Wines was on track to average 145 after round 1 last year.

////////////////////

HEATH SHAW!
SHANE MUMMY!!
CALLAN WARD!!!
DYLAN SHIEL!!!!
ADAM TRELOAR!!!!!

DaveElNacho

Well the Rookie List would be:

Def: Saad, Mcintosh
Mid: Vandenberg, Heeney, Ellis-Yolmen, Newton, VanBerlo?, Brayshaw?
Ruck: Lol
Fwd: Clark, Hogan, Mcgrath, Lonie?

Looks like Oxley's playing with Seedsman back so could squeeze onto that list with a better round 2 score.

Capper

that is a massive call to say someone will average after one game. No chance Watts will average 101 as he has only played GC

YoungGun

Quote from: batt on April 09, 2015, 11:36:56 PM

Quote from: Capper on April 09, 2015, 11:41:26 PM
that is a massive call to say someone will average after one game. No chance Watts will average 101 as he has only played GC

lol obviously Jack Watts wont average 101, this thread is pointless until after rnd 2. Even for maximising rookies, this rounds score is miles more important than RND 1's score for generating cash

benharris222

Quote from: DaveElNacho on April 09, 2015, 11:40:24 PM

Looks like Oxley's playing with Seedsman back so could squeeze onto that list with a better round 2 score.

Thanks for your input mate, we'll have to see how Lambert goes in his first game! Hoping he will be a nice forward rookie.

benharris222

Quote from: YoungGun on April 09, 2015, 11:42:52 PM
Quote from: batt on April 09, 2015, 11:36:56 PM

Quote from: Capper on April 09, 2015, 11:41:26 PM

lol obviously Jack Watts wont average 101, this thread is pointless until after rnd 2. Even for maximising rookies, this rounds score is miles more important than RND 1's score for generating cash

YoungGun, the point of this thread was to get conversation flowing over this weekend which players to watch, heading into round 3. It's not always only about the scores that these players get, it's also about their style of play (eg. Docherty was very impressive, intercepting marks).

If you think it's pointless, why waste your (and everybody else's) time commenting on it?

tkringle

Quote from: benharris222 on April 10, 2015, 12:54:45 AM
Quote from: DaveElNacho on April 09, 2015, 11:40:24 PM

Thanks for your input mate, we'll have to see how Lambert goes in his first game! Hoping he will be a nice forward rookie.

If Lambert guns it, at least we don't have to worry about using one of our corrective trades next week to get him in. Wont be on the bubble till after round 3

LordSneeze

Im sort of hoping that lambert has 2 gun games, then belly is held out injured.
Downgrade to Lambert thankyou very much.