T Dog

Bartel still not confirmed either way  >:(

kilbluff1985

Quote from: T Dog on April 08, 2015, 07:27:19 PM
Bartel still not confirmed either way  >:(

doubt he will be confirmed until Sunday

make a sacrifice to the SC Gods bro

enzedder

Hope he's right to play as he's in my team and with Lids I've had a poor enough start as it is.
Saw the footage and found the commentator's comment interesting about it being in the centre circle/ hardest part of the ground. Geelong's game being on Sunday will help but wouldn't be surprised if it's a case of In- Mackie Out-Bartel.

justaverage

Im fairly certain he wont play, but will take the hit and bench him

bunyips

I have parker - do people think he will play?  The coach seemed to think so...

Jackross10

Quote from: bunyips on April 08, 2015, 08:01:26 PM

I reckon he will

RaisyDaisy

Reckon Bartel is a 50/50 for us

If anything, they're playing Freo and are coming off a thumping, so that's a good thing for us. If they were playing an average team he would be out for sure I think

Sucks to be down a premo so early as it will hurt league chances and overall, but don't have a choice - just have to field Hogan and hope he can do well as the replacement

bunyips

Quote from: Jackross10 on April 08, 2015, 08:01:57 PM
Quote from: bunyips on April 08, 2015, 08:01:26 PM

I reckon he will

Hope so! 

Gigantor

I think with all the talk of the damage contact sports potentially do to players brains the Swans and Cats won''t play Parker and Jimmy as that don't wont to be seen as putting team performance above players safety.

Money Shot

Quote from: Gigantor on April 08, 2015, 08:31:10 PM
I think with all the talk of the damage contact sports potentially do to players brains the Swans and Cats won''t play Parker and Jimmy as that don't wont to be seen as putting team performance above players safety.
I was thinking exactly that. I think 1 week for both.

honza

Beneath the veneer of the new concussion protocols not a lot has actually changed. It irked me this week seeing the GFC doctors explain how conservative they were with Jimmy, talking to him every day to see if he was right this week. Conservative? Rubbish.

Having experienced concussion trauma myself, and almost dying from a related complication - meningitis infection 2 months later - I can tell you there's nothing conservative about 1, even 2 weeks. Brain trauma isn't something you can train and be conditioned for, you don't become adaptable, you don't have stronger and weaker brain muscles.

The unfortunate truth with the likes of Parker is some are better at coping with the symptoms than others. They don't have a stronger, faster, fitter brain muscle in their heads :(

Note: I have Parker and Bartel in my team.

Ricochet

Quote from: Money Shot on April 09, 2015, 07:41:46 AM
I was thinking exactly that. I think 1 week for both.
Teams may want to look like they're doing the right thing, but they'll do anything to win. Don't be surprised if one or both play

johnoP

Quote from: honza on April 09, 2015, 08:48:01 AM

Beneath the veneer of the new concussion protocols not a lot has actually changed. It irked me this week seeing the GFC doctors explain how conservative they were with Jimmy, talking to him every day to see if he was right this week. Conservative? Rubbish.

Having experienced concussion trauma myself, and almost dying from a related complication - meningitis infection 2 months later - I can tell you there's nothing conservative about 1, even 2 weeks. Brain trauma isn't something you can train and be conditioned for, you don't become adaptable, you don't have stronger and weaker brain muscles.

The unfortunate truth with the likes of Parker is some are better at coping with the symptoms than others. They don't have a stronger, faster, fitter brain muscle in their heads :(

thats gotta be causing you headaches.

crowls

Quote from: honza on April 09, 2015, 08:48:01 AM

well said.   however without sanctions it is too tempting to risk quality players if you have a tough match