ROUND 2 TEAM ANNOUNCEMENTS: Bartel Out,Cripps Out

Started by LF, April 07, 2015, 10:03:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Mac

I figured I'd hold him and pick the better performer out of Newton/NVB/Brayshaw next week

crowls

Quote from: Nails on April 10, 2015, 07:25:03 PM
This just in

Round 3 teams:
In - Cripps
Out - whoever you traded Cripps out for.

I love seeing these fantasy gimps wreck their teams.
???

Nails

Quote from: YoungGun on April 10, 2015, 07:54:18 PM
Strongly agree with Bully, you are going to do it next week anyway and this way you still allow 2 trades for next week to make sure you are 100% happy with how your team sits before everything really kicks off. Added bonus for me is trading allows me to use a loophole through the midfield rookies.

Just because someone makes a trade round 1 doesn't mean their a ''gimp who is ruining their team''

If you have used 3 trades by rd 3 you have already lost.

You need those trades for finals/doughnuts with all the big outs end of season.

Time after time coaches who trade first few rounds fail. If you're using 2 trades next week you've already lost

Source: came 8th last season.

Goosey

Couldn't make up my mind, Cripps stays on bench, Rocky yet to be traded! I can't decide!!

Bully

Quote from: Nails on April 10, 2015, 08:03:51 PM
Strongly agree with Bully, you are going to do it next week anyway and this way you still allow 2 trades for next week to make sure you are 100% happy with how your team sits before everything really kicks off. Added bonus for me is trading allows me to use a loophole through the midfield rookies.

Just because someone makes a trade round 1 doesn't mean their a ''gimp who is ruining their team''

Time after time coaches who trade first few rounds fail. If you're using 2 trades next week you've already lost

So the people with Rocky & Sidebottom may as well pack their bags? Let's look at this logically, 90% of punters will be trading Cripps out next week and those that don't will be running the risk of him being a spud for the second week and then losing dough on the people who have the better scorers and the extra price rise.

This isn't such a major decision, I can't believe some of the pontificating going on.

Goosey

Quote from: Bully on April 10, 2015, 08:11:25 PM

So the people with Rocky & Sidebottom may as well pack their bags? Let's look at this logically, 90% of punters will be trading Cripps out next week and those that don't will be running the risk of him being a spud for the second week and then losing dough on the people who have the better scorers and the extra price rise.

This isn't such a major decision, I can't believe some of the pontificating going on.

Man, I am guilty of mass pontification!

I don't know what is wrong with me, trading normally comes so easy!

Anyway, just have to decide on the Rockliff trade this weekend, got a week to decide on Cripps.

YoungGun

Mate its not that way at all, i used 2 or 3 trades before price changes last year and finished inside the top 1000 and got to the grand final of my league. Had a great year. I had hurn injured and 2 corrective trades

Trust me its not all over, and as far as I'm concerned its not a waste at all. If you're that confident we should keep a tally. Ill bet you $500 that my team won't lose to yours because I traded out Cripps this week. Back in the day when we had less trades then early trades was a big no no. We have 30 frickin trades

Nige

Quote from: Big  Mac on April 10, 2015, 07:59:57 PM
I figured I'd hold him and pick the better performer out of Newton/NVB/Brayshaw next week
Yup. My plan too. Looking like Newton at this stage for me.

eaglesman

Quote from: Bully on April 10, 2015, 08:11:25 PM

[/quote

Use the trades when u bloody need to simple

Cripps will no doubt hack it next time and u can enjoy 2 rolling 50s

FactHunt

Still think Cripps will get games.
Carlton are struggling to show a bit thus far in 6 out of 8 quarters of footy this season.
I have plenty of rooks playing, and cover for Cripps at this stage.
I will look closely at making a correctional trade next week if Cripps again not named- but likely to hold either way, as he would probably just come back into my team as a downgrade later on.

H1bb3i2d

Depending on how the other rookies, both in and out of my team, go next week I might look at trading him. But if he comes straight back in and isnt sub I'll keep him. The 50 only lasts for one week, and we cant cash in all our rookies at the same time! Unless I think I can find a rookie who will make $150k more, its not worth the trade.

Slim Don

I'm sorry but this has to be one of the most ridiculous conversations I've seen on this forum. Trading out Cripps now??? Coz he got 1 50 and then got a minor injury????? Come on people.

Every single rookie in your team will get a score similar to Cripps rd1 at some stage this season. The fact that he didn't get dropped after shut a showereful performance says the coach has faith in him and Carlton being so showere he will definitely get games. Everyone talking like he is gonna lose value??? Even if he continues to score 50's he won't go down in price and all he needs is a couple of 80ish scores and he will be good for an upgrade/downgrade. Unless you have missed at least 3 of the must have rooks (which is impossible to tell anyway after 1 round) or have Rocky/Sidey there is no way you should be trading because any trade you make at this stage is made with the smallest sample size of information when you can make such a more informed decision for the cost of nothing next week.

jeesh

Quote from: H1bb3i2d on April 10, 2015, 11:16:26 PM
Depending on how the other rookies, both in and out of my team, go next week I might look at trading him. But if he comes straight back in and isnt sub I'll keep him.

Yeah sound plan this cause Carlton are the 2nd game next week so if Cripps gets named in the side but is the sub we'll have everyone to chose from bar Saints and Pies which aren't significant when it comes to mid rooks unless Sinclair avoids the vest this week and pumps out a ton. If Cripps doesn't get named full stop I'll probably keep the gun barrel hot (already let 2 off) and shoot him down especially if Rich tons up again he will be hard to resist.

sammy123

If people traded cripps last night thats fair enough. Past SC winners have used aggressive trading method and made trades for the first 7-10 rounds and still won

eaglesman

Quote from: sammy123 on April 11, 2015, 05:07:14 AM
If people traded cripps last night thats fair enough. Past SC winners have used aggressive trading method and made trades for the first 7-10 rounds and still won

Exactly ... It's as much a risk to trade as it is not to

I personally am hoping that my trades are to my advantage.
I think a blicavs and swan combo will out score a mummy and Cripps combo