ROUND 2 TEAM ANNOUNCEMENTS: Bartel Out,Cripps Out

Started by LF, April 07, 2015, 10:03:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mat0369

Bellchambers named with no Giles in site. I would say if he trains alright tomorrow he will be fine.

kilbluff1985

Quote from: Mat0369 on April 09, 2015, 06:42:57 PM
Bellchambers named with no Giles in site. I would say if he trains alright tomorrow he will be fine.

AaronKirk

McKernan in extended bench.

Was not promoted for no reason. As much as he is a spud he has IMO gone ahead of Giles in the pre-season is ahead of him for the ruck spot should TBC not play.

I agree with your point that if TBC gets through training he will be fine.

On another note Montagna another injured New York Revolution Midfielder  :'(

Ricochet

Why drop Lamb seriously?

Carlton mids are all going to destroy it tomorrow night too. No selwood and weaker WCE side

shaker

Would not be that confident with Mckernan elevated and in the squad

Bully

Mckernan was named, this is my only concern however you would expect Giles to be the next in line considering they traded for him.

shaker

Quote from: Bully on April 09, 2015, 06:49:25 PM

Mckernan was named, this is my only concern however you would expect Giles to be the next in line considering they traded for him.

You would but not named

kilbluff1985

we gave up pretty much nothing for him

but i agree Giles would be named if they were worried they wouldn't let McKernan ruck solo well i hope not

AaronKirk

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on April 09, 2015, 06:53:00 PM

but i agree Giles would be named if they were worried they wouldn't let McKernan ruck solo well i hope not

We let Laycock ruck solo in the past. It's not beyond possibility McKernan being the sole ruck.

shaker

TBC reported as having fluid drained from knee does not sound like someone that is anywhere close to 100% get ready for a late out

Mat0369

Quote from: AaronKirk on April 09, 2015, 06:47:53 PM
McKernan in extended bench.

Was not promoted for no reason. As much as he is a spud he has IMO gone ahead of Giles in the pre-season is ahead of him for the ruck spot should TBC not play.

I agree with your point that if TBC gets through training he will be fine.

On another note Montagna another injured New York Revolution Midfielder  :'(

He is not a ruck though, he is someone that can pinch hit there but he can't play in the ruck for full games. Considering Fletcher is also out he might be looked at for his spot but I noticed Gwilt is on the field. The interview I watched earlier they were talking about he they can expect McKernan to pinch hit in each position (forward, back and ruck) but I would be real worried if he goes into the game as the number 1 ruck as an Essendon supporter.

Weirdly Daniher was also named on an extended bench. I have seen guys get dropped from the field before with these extended benches so we will see tomorrow. Also another reason why McKernan might have been elevated, if Winderlich is out for an extended period of time and McKernan has been the best performer on the rookie list why not reward him with a spot? I would be worried if Giles and McKernan are there, not so much with no Giles

kilbluff1985

Quote from: AaronKirk on April 09, 2015, 06:57:56 PM

We let Laycock ruck solo in the past. It's not beyond possibility McKernan being the sole ruck.

flowering lol his last game was 7 years ago why even bring him up

Bully

Quote from: shaker on April 09, 2015, 06:59:18 PM

TBC reported as having fluid drained from knee does not sound like someone that is anywhere close to 100% get ready for a late out

If he doesn't train tomorrow then I will make arrangements but I can't see it being a problem if he's training with the main group. Draining fluid from the knee isn't as invasive as it sounds.

foolysik

Quote from: Ricochet on April 09, 2015, 06:48:43 PM
Why drop Lamb seriously?
Seems like a strange decision, should have given the kid his first up hit out on home turf!
Not even named as an emg, not good for his owners

Mat0369

Quote from: Bully on April 09, 2015, 07:05:47 PM
If he doesn't train tomorrow then I will make arrangements but I can't see it being a problem if he's training with the main group. Draining fluid from the knee isn't as invasive as it sounds.

Yup, there are a couple of guys that get it done every week as bad as it sounds. As long as there is no structural damage it is not anything new. The training report tomorrow will be key. Worst case as I said in another thread, I leave some cash to turn Bellcho into Berger or if Jimmy misses worst case I can then trade him to Berger and shift Bellchambers to the forward line. Bartel's concussions are worrying me more then Bellchambers knee