most traded in/out

Started by kilbluff1985, April 07, 2015, 04:39:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

enzedder

GAJ should neither be traded in or out at the moment. Very much a wait and see how he goes with that shoulder.
I chose not to start with him and thought I'd made the right decision until he kicked those two goals. Still feel like I've missed nothing with him scoring 119 points but am very worried about him going big against my beloved Saints this week. Hope they give him hell.

ronl

I won't be trading this week, and maybe not next week either.  The one that makes me laugh is that everyone wants to bring
in Tex Walker, "Mr. Inconsistancy" himself.  Wouldn't surprise if he fails to crack 50 next week.

Money Shot

Quote from: ronl on April 08, 2015, 08:52:15 AM
I won't be trading this week, and maybe not next week either.  The one that makes me laugh is that everyone wants to bring
in Tex Walker, "Mr. Inconsistancy" himself.  Wouldn't surprise if he fails to crack 50 next week.
I know, its good for me cos I might be able to move up the ranks a bit ::)

Big Mac

Yep - he's a key forward. He has 2 weeks of 50s coming up to balance out that 170

The Bomber

Quote from: enzedder on April 08, 2015, 07:05:21 AM
GAJ should neither be traded in or out at the moment. Very much a wait and see how he goes with that shoulder.
I chose not to start with him and thought I'd made the right decision until he kicked those two goals. Still feel like I've missed nothing with him scoring 119 points but am very worried about him going big against my beloved Saints this week. Hope they give him hell.

I'm glad that GC have decided that they should protect Gaz better. Should help him out.

Mat0369

Quote from: quinny88 on April 08, 2015, 02:52:10 AM
I would honestly not bring Gaz in until you've seen more from him.
Don't know if you watched on Saturday but he was seriously hindered by that shoulder.
If he doesn't look better this week I'll be getting rid of him

I watched the game, he looked in a shower load of pain early in the game after the Viney tackle, however my stomach dropped when he kicked those 2 goals in the last quarter. Even in a performance where he was hindered by that shoulder he scored 119 and the way I look at it is if I don't bring him in now for Sidebottom I have to wait until the bye. He isn't 100% locked in yet and I will monitor his week, but he is probably the front runner followed by Lewis, Fyfe and then Sloane

Bully

Quote from: Mat0369 on April 08, 2015, 01:25:01 PM
Don't know if you watched on Saturday but he was seriously hindered by that shoulder.

I watched the game, he looked in a shower load of pain early in the game after the Viney tackle, however my stomach dropped when he kicked those 2 goals in the last quarter. Even in a performance where he was hindered by that shoulder he scored 119 and the way I look at it is if I don't bring him in now for Sidebottom I have to wait until the bye. He isn't 100% locked in yet and I will monitor his week, but he is probably the front runner followed by Lewis, Fyfe and then Sloane

First competitive game in 6 months, of course he'll be rusty. As long as he's scoring 120 he is worth the investment, at some point he'll go bang and then the horse will have bolted. I picked him with the full knowledge he was going to bleed some cash but then the logistics of trying to get him in was too complicated and restrictive. The club doctors have emphatically stated that his shoulder is structurally sound so it therefore becomes a question of what's going on between the ears. This I have no doubt will sort itself out after a couple of matches.

frenzy

It's not like he gets to play the Kangas every week, even the Saints will contain him better.

enzedder

Quote from: Bully on April 08, 2015, 01:40:48 PM
Quote from: Mat0369 on April 08, 2015, 01:25:01 PM

First competitive game in 6 months, of course he'll be rusty. As long as he's scoring 120 he is worth the investment, at some point he'll go bang and then the horse will have bolted. I picked him with the full knowledge he was going to bleed some cash but then the logistics of trying to get him in was too complicated and restrictive. The club doctors have emphatically stated that his shoulder is structurally sound so it therefore becomes a question of what's going on between the ears. This I have no doubt will sort itself out after a couple of matches.
I watched the game today and am of the opinion his shoulder is fine. Being Ablett the cameras were all over him, the commentators couldn't shut up about it and all was blown out of proportion. He looked out of touch a bit and did a few things that suggested a bit was going on between the ears... Handball to Garland for a gimme goal and not clean grabbing Bennell's handball in the goal square but no physical problems. I don't have him but think it's a matter of weeks before I do.

kilbluff1985

@enzedder

didn't you see the look on his face every time someone even touched his shoulder or he landed it?

didn't look comfortable at all

enzedder

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on April 08, 2015, 07:20:15 PM
@enzedder

didn't you see the look on his face every time someone even touched his shoulder or he landed it?

Smokescreens. It got tested by Viney a couple of times hard enough for him to go off and stay off if it wasn't right. Might've pulled that face had he not had a shoulder injury beforehand. Only my opinion of course but could compare it to Robert Harvey looking knackered with hands on hips at a ball up or Jetta (I think) laying down after getting "cleaned up" going for that mark lol.

Ringo

Quote from: T Dog on April 07, 2015, 07:36:17 PM
Did no one have Sidey?
I do but still working out who to trade him to.  Ia  a forced trade so want to be sure going back and forth between Lewis and JPK.

enzedder

Quote from: Ringo on April 08, 2015, 07:40:08 PM
Quote from: T Dog on April 07, 2015, 07:36:17 PM
Did no one have Sidey?
I do but still working out who to trade him to.  Ia  a forced trade so want to be sure going back and forth between Lewis and JPK.
Both good options.

kilbluff1985

Quote from: enzedder on April 08, 2015, 07:28:18 PM
@enzedder

Smokescreens. It got tested by Viney a couple of times hard enough for him to go off and stay off if it wasn't right. Might've pulled that face had he not had a shoulder injury beforehand. Only my opinion of course but could compare it to Robert Harvey looking knackered with hands on hips at a ball up or Jetta (I think) laying down after getting "cleaned up" going for that mark lol.

you sating he pretended to look hurt?

honestly that would be the dumbest idea ever in a football game

enzedder

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on April 08, 2015, 07:47:31 PM
Quote from: enzedder on April 08, 2015, 07:28:18 PM
@enzedder

you sating he pretended to look hurt?

honestly that would be the dumbest idea ever in a football game
Don't even think he looked hurt...gritted teeth, sucking in breath...could be any player in a range of situations.
I think he's okay. Having said that, I hope I'm wrong and my Saints work him over. Will help them and me.