Bont, Tex, The Chad

Started by Colty, April 06, 2015, 11:01:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colty

Need a replacement for Daisy.....

Bont  - relatively unknown ceiling for this year scored well rd 1 but he was playing Eagles who have a fairly ordinary midfield

Tex - Looked a million bucks and should have scored over 200 if he kicked straight, new game style seems to suit him big time. North Melbourne are terrible at holding key forwards so is it a one off?

Wingard - indifferent year last year and pretty ordinary last year given injuries, looked awesome last week and could easily ave over 100.

Your thoughts would be much appreciated.

batt

I like the Texan from that bunch.

Wingard's role appears to be exactly the same as least season which means he'll be hot and cold and doesn't provide much upside in terms of scoring.

The Bont is on a losing team and will attract a tag quite a bit.  Doesn't make any sense to pick him.

The Texan has the friendliest draw in the AFL leading up to a R11 bye, has averaged 100 before and is thriving under captaincy on an Adelaide team who appear to be on the up.  The better quality forward entries could see him explode.  Plus, he would be a heap of fun to own. 

Colty

Quote from: batt on April 07, 2015, 12:15:03 AM
I like the Texan from that bunch.

Wingard's role appears to be exactly the same as least season which means he'll be hot and cold and doesn't provide much upside in terms of scoring.

The Bont is on a losing team and will attract a tag quite a bit.  Doesn't make any sense to pick him.

The Texan has the friendliest draw in the AFL leading up to a R11 bye, has averaged 100 before and is thriving under captaincy on an Adelaide team who appear to be on the up.  The better quality forward entries could see him explode.  Plus, he would be a heap of fun to own.

I think the last bit you said is really whats drawing me in, I love winning supercoach and all but having a player go big is awesome! I need a life i know.......
I think the draw is looking good for the big fella! Hes in!!!

lucky

Tex has averaged 99 in the past but can he do it again?

I'm not sold on Bont yet but he could very well average 100 this year, he is a gun.

enzedder

Bontempelli.... Best pick of the 3.
Tex is inconsistent and you've already missed one of a few good scores that will help his average.
Don't like Wingard as pick at all.

_wato

Tex looks unreal.. Averaged 99 a few years ago and could do that again which would make him a top 10 forward for this year.
Has Coll, Melb, WB, Port, GC, Saints, GWS, Freo, Carl before the byes so could potentially dominate and average 105+ over that time. I'd steer clear of the other two, but would definitely keep your eyes out for Tex.

Colty

Thanks for the input guys. I like the Bont but so much of an unknown it scares me. Id be more inclined not to pick walker in the past but he looks in terrific nick, captaincy seems to suit, and the draw is very easy so I think im going to lock him in.

sammy123

Tex looked good. But north suck against the big guys. Sydney last year rings a bell.

Tex did average 99. He will be that player where one week he scores 100-170. Then pulls out a 20-60. See how he goes this week i know its only collingwood but if he tonnes again get on i say

If bont plays mids i would look at him.

Wingard to hot and cold

Ricochet

Quote from: _wato on April 07, 2015, 08:29:17 AM
Tex looks unreal.. Averaged 99 a few years ago and could do that again which would make him a top 10 forward for this year.
Has Coll, Melb, WB, Port, GC, Saints, GWS, Freo, Carl before the byes so could potentially dominate and average 105+ over that time. I'd steer clear of the other two, but would definitely keep your eyes out for Tex.
I went straight to Adelaide's draw too. This a lot of potential for some more massive scores. It'll be a rollercoast though

nperera95

I'm stuck between Bont and Big Tex. Both good picks imo. In regards to Tex, interesting to see that the 3rd most popular trade in Dusty out and Tex in.... #noobs

Bully

Here's the beauty of Tex, if he comes and scores another big ton his price will go through the roof, possibly close to the top forward. This is likely to happen in week 4 or 5, in which case one will have the pick of the forwards to choose from, perhaps Gray if you don't have him. Tex is a trading stock and is a typical pawn in tactics such as the Bruyn manoeuvre - Cloke being the player involved when Dimmawits won the prize.   

At 430k I think he can make a quick 170k but there's one caveat here, wait a week and see if he has a solid score in the all important rolling average. If he spuds it up his 177 will be out of the picture before you know it.

Colty

Quote from: Bully on April 07, 2015, 10:43:56 AM
Here's the beauty of Tex, if he comes and scores another big ton his price will go through the roof, possibly close to the top forward. This is likely to happen in week 4 or 5, in which case one will have the pick of the forwards to choose from, perhaps Gray if you don't have him. Tex is a trading stock and is a typical pawn in tactics such as the Bruyn manoeuvre - Cloke being the player involved when Dimmawits won the prize.   

At 430k I think he can make a quick 170k but there's one caveat here, wait a week and see if he has a solid score in the all important rolling average. If he spuds it up his 177 will be out of the picture before you know it.

I did the Cloke thing when he erupted and traded him when he got to 600k, Tex I think could be the same if he does continue the form hes in. My only thing is that ive got Daisy so I need to trade to someone otherwise I would wait another week, I guess I still could wait a week until I traded and just pop Hogan on the field?

ando_10

bont yes

tex  key forward so no

chad to inconsistent

Bully

Quote from: Colty on April 07, 2015, 11:16:58 AM
Quote from: Bully on April 07, 2015, 10:43:56 AM

I did the Cloke thing when he erupted and traded him when he got to 600k, Tex I think could be the same if he does continue the form hes in. My only thing is that ive got Daisy so I need to trade to someone otherwise I would wait another week, I guess I still could wait a week until I traded and just pop Hogan on the field?

The worst part about having Daisy is Carlton play on Friday so no loophole, in which case you may need to throw caution to the wind. In these circumstances I say go for it, Tex is a rollercoaster though, you never know what he will dish up. I had him last year and immediately after his 146 he returned scores of 47, 72, 83, 69, 69 & 59. This is the risk but I think the big difference this year is Adelaide look sharp, they have a soft draw, Tex isn't coming straight back from injury and he must be loving the captaincy.

Risky but the rewards could be huge.

shaker

If you could wait another week but you can't you have to replace Daisy would have to say Tex looking at there draw