Ricky Hendo and Ibbo

Started by PICCOLLO, April 06, 2015, 09:47:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PICCOLLO

Didn't see them play but their scores indicate they were a bit lacklustre.  Are they just easing back into it or are they looking like tradebait?

Be interested to hear about the roles they played and how they looked.

Big Mac

Freo only had two key defenders (Dawson and Silvagni are injured) and so Ibbo had to play more of a lockdown role

Bully

Both in my draft team - big fail.

Ricochet

Port stretched us with their bigs, but expected Ibbo to have a quieter week. Was just hoping he might buck the trend. I picked him to push the top 10 defenders so am in it for the long run. No need to panic yet, he'll get more freedom when Silvagni returns and then Dawson

jfitty

I thought Henderson played much better than his score suggested. Although it looks like he'll be playing down back a fair bit to allow Brodie Smith to push up to a wing.

Ibbotson will probably be playing a defensive role also until Dawson comes back.

Jackross10

Quote from: Ricochet on April 06, 2015, 10:22:40 AM
Port stretched us with their bigs, but expected Ibbo to have a quieter week. Was just hoping he might buck the trend. I picked him to push the top 10 defenders so am in it for the long run. No need to panic yet, he'll get more freedom when Silvagni returns and then Dawson

Remember you said this to me Ric. Spot on. I'll hold him too, although Geelong next doesn't look great with Clark and Hawkins. He may have to lockdown on a resting ruck or whoever else comes down. When's Dawson/Sil back

RaisyDaisy

Both 70-80avg players at best

One good year each (not even full season) and injury prone

Have good JS and will be easy to turn into premo's though so that's the plus if you have them

Ricochet

not sure how you can say that RD when Ibbo is playing the same role that he scored premo numbers in. Plus defenders only have to go 85+ to be premos this year tbh

StuL

Never rated Ibbo. If you picked him might as well stick now. All defenders will be unreliable.

Belegur

Almost had both, ended up with just ibbo. I'm not too concerned yet, see how he goes this week, the super fast pace of the game didnt help him, no chance to junk up cheap marks.

Who would you go to at his price anyway? I'm not seeing anything bellow him worth getting. Maybe sideways to geary or hunt, but they're just as likely to pumpkin next week

batt

Quote from: Belegur on April 07, 2015, 12:17:05 AM
Who would you go to at his price anyway? I'm not seeing anything bellow him worth getting. Maybe sideways to geary or hunt, but they're just as likely to pumpkin next week
I wouldn't expect Hunt to pumpkin that easily.  Pretty much every single game at Geelong he was on a leash with defensive duties.  It is a concern if Richmond use him as a tagger though.

Although the best play is probably to go up to a premo.  Make the cash with the other corrective trade you make after R2 (if you do).

Belegur

I agree he's a decent player, I was surprised when the cats moved him on, he looks like a great pick for those that have  him. Going sideways to another mid-price could go bad fast though. If he tons up again against the dogs this week and one of my backs is spudding he'll be on my radar

devize

Went Goodes + Ibbo but thinking I should have just went with a rookie and someone like Brodie Smith. Going to give them both one more week and then reassess