fan_king

will brett deledio get suspended (poll)

Jroo

Yes he will cop 1 or 2 weeks unfortunately

darlize

Bully

Quote from: JROO8 on April 05, 2015, 10:14:19 PM
Yes he will cop 1 or 2 weeks unfortunately

Hasn't been rubbed out before so probably 2 matches reduced to 1. Lucky for Lids the player wasn't hurt.

ossie85

Bully

Quote from: ossie85 on April 06, 2015, 11:35:46 AM
3 reduced to 2 imo

Player got straight back up, this is always taken into account.

Grazz

Thinking 2 down to 1 with an early plea. Has a great record which should help him out.

_wato

I think they've changed the whole MRP and it's now based on the actual incident, not good records or carryover points (they've been wiped)

I think he'll get three weeks but with an early plea, will be downgraded to two (I'm with you Ossie)

fan_king

Overhauled MRP. no damage done and good record lids free to play this week. Will get fined

Jay

Quote from: fan_king on April 06, 2015, 01:26:13 PM
Overhauled MRP. no damage done and good record lids free to play this week. Will get fined
Please happen ^

Jay

QuoteDeledio unlikely to miss weeks for bump

Richmond star midfielder Brett Deledio is unlikely to be suspended for his solid hit on Carlton’s Simon White only seconds into the first game of the season.

“I’m not sure I really know what’s going to happen to Deledio because we’re in unchartered territory for him â€" if it is intentional then he’ll go to the tribunal,” said Ralph on SEN radio.

“I think we would all believe it wasn’t malicious and certainly with a guy who hasn’t been suspended in 200 games of football that it’s a fine.”

http://www.sen.com.au/news/04-15/jon-ralph-on-deledio-hit-riewoldt-vickery-injury

ossie85

Quote from: Jayman on April 06, 2015, 01:58:33 PM
QuoteDeledio unlikely to miss weeks for bump

Richmond star midfielder Brett Deledio is unlikely to be suspended for his solid hit on Carlton’s Simon White only seconds into the first game of the season.

“I’m not sure I really know what’s going to happen to Deledio because we’re in unchartered territory for him â€" if it is intentional then he’ll go to the tribunal,” said Ralph on SEN radio.

“I think we would all believe it wasn’t malicious and certainly with a guy who hasn’t been suspended in 200 games of football that it’s a fine.”

http://www.sen.com.au/news/04-15/jon-ralph-on-deledio-hit-riewoldt-vickery-injury

Ralph has as much say as you and I. I.e. none

Ringo

With the change in MRP I reckon reckless down to 2 with an early plea.

remember with the change in rules this year no carry over points whatsoever and each incident is assessed individually. 

Early plea still reduces the penalty but not sure what effect clean record has under new system.  Do not mind the changes so long as consistency is there.  However can see some challenges coming up on the severity of charge.

GoLions

If each incident is assessed individually, then past record shouldn't have any effect at all, whether it's good or bad. I'm thinking he'll get a week, but hoping for 2 :P

Ringo

Patrick Keane ‏@AFL_PKeane 5m5 minutes ago

Brett Deledio can accept 1 game. Rough conduct against Simon White. Matt Shaw can accept 1 game. Rough conduct against Dean Kent.

Jamie Elliott can accept $1000 sanction, tripping Lewis Taylor. Zac Clarke can accept $1000 sanction, tripping Jared Polec.

Tom Jonas can accept $1000 sanction, striking Chris Mayne. Brad Ebert can accept $1000 sanction, tripping Cameron Sutcliffe.

Patrick Keane ‏@AFL_PKeane 6m6 minutes ago

Contact T Bugg, N Riewoldt assessed. Panel said Riewoldt stepped back into Bugg's path,who made contact to back of Riewoldt front-on. More
Bugg contact not with bump action from rev. angle vision. While should been a free, not unreasonable in terms of a report. No charge laid.

Full report

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-04-06/mrp-full-statement-round-one-part-one