plenty of view no comment is it flawless??

Started by mattpedo, March 20, 2010, 02:51:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mattpedo

hey guys please give all thoughts and my team rate mine pls also leave a link to yours so i can in turn rate urs cheers

Backs- Goddard, enright, hodge Malceski, Hunt, Waters, Greenwood
RES Maguire Nason
Mids - Ablett, Mitchell, Cooney, Dangerfield, Martain, Barlow Res J Trengrove B Moles
Rucks- Sandilands Hille
RES Lobbe trengrove
Fwd- Riewoldt, ROK, Tippett, B Harvey, Buddy, Hall, Ziebell
RES- Rocklift , Podsialy

With 80000 in the bank...

stew

greenwood gone, so will need to replace.
One of those backs needs to be upgraded (eski, hunt, waters or greenwood/greenwood replacement.
Backs bench and 1st 3 defenders solid.
Mid rookies pretty good, mid premiums good, Dangerfield in midfield not so sure about. I'd downgrade him to another good rookie/cheapie (trengrove, scul, conners, banner, shuey, bast). He'll gains value no doubt.... but the rookies will as well in at least the same amount, and you could use the extra money on the suspect backline. Start the best 3 rookies.
Nothing wrong with your forwards.... Stevie J a bit suspect though, and you'll need a bench player to cover for buddy in round 1 (hopefully pods.... if not look at hitchcock)
That's just my opinion...... maybe you should just run with it (minus greenwood)

mattpedo

Was thinking Maguire to replace greenwood for the first 2 weeks.. greenwood i think will get a heap of the ball this yeh with zieb and anthony feeding it out to him?

Ive got danger field in the mid as a MPP with ziebel in the forward line so that i have cover if either get injured?

I think pods or rocklift will both play round one so that should cover for buddy?

And i def see ur point with stevie J but at that price risky but really can see him get 100 plus ave over the course of the year..

Thanks heaps for the advice

stew

Your right about stevie J.... he would most likely average over 100 if he played every game.... but I very much doubt he will.
Premium players are in the side to set and forget..... but to do this, they need to play every week to get value. So he could average over 100, but only play 15 rounds, .... while a guy like boomer harvey could average 90 but play every game. So Harvey would represent better value at the premium level. you dont want to be wasting trades with these types of players. Trades should only be used for upgrading rookies/cheap players, and picking up the next crop of midyear rookies, or replacing guys with long term injuries.
But take the risk if you think SJ's hip looks good, and he'll play most games.
Maguire looks to be a pretty safe choice.... he'll earn you some cash, and greenwood may be a downgrade option later in the year..... but remember he is a tagger, so to get those balls from anthony and ziebs, he cant be standing behind G.Ablett.
I see what your saying with the MPP's, but my theory this year is that the mid rookies are so good, you can select 5 of them, and be pretty safe that at least 3 will be getting good game time, and if selected well, all should raise in value, and a couple may even be keepers.

mattpedo

yeh ive had boomer in being a roo fan felt like my love for the roos meant i could have half the bloody team but i do love boomer shakes the tag always score well thanks will make that swap boomer for SJ..

stew

If stevie J comes out and smashes 150 in the first round I'll change my address and phone number.....
But I'm sure you'll be better in the long run...... with some luck of course