Main Menu

Blues 2016 H&A Discussion

Started by Vinny, April 01, 2015, 06:22:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JBs-Hawks

Keep Mick and you might get a priority pick :P

kilbluff1985

i really think you guys should trade Simmo and Walker get a couple extra 1st rounders for them

would add Daisy but Mick would never trade him

pretty much anyone old

quinny88

Quote from: Mat0369 on May 11, 2015, 12:23:14 AM
The only thing that would make this worse is if we got docked picks again.

On the plus side, we will probably end up wit a top 3 pick and a new coach

How about if they signed Mick up for another 2 years and used their top 3 pick to redraft Bootsma?

Big Mac

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on May 11, 2015, 12:33:30 AM
Keep Mick and you might get a priority pick :P

Priority picks are long dead  :P

Diesels Pups

Quote from: quinny88 on May 11, 2015, 04:48:19 AM
Quote from: Mat0369 on May 11, 2015, 12:23:14 AM
The only thing that would make this worse is if we got docked picks again.

On the plus side, we will probably end up wit a top 3 pick and a new coach

How about if they signed Mick up for another 2 years and used their top 3 pick to redraft Bootsma?
Wouldn't put it past them... ::)

blue

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on May 11, 2015, 01:07:50 AM
i really think you guys should trade Simmo and Walker get a couple extra 1st rounders for them

pretty much anyone old
I doubt that they are worth a 1st round pick between them

kilbluff1985

Quote from: blue on May 11, 2015, 06:09:29 PM
Quote from: kilbluff1985 on May 11, 2015, 01:07:50 AM

pretty much anyone old
I doubt that they are worth a 1st round pick between them

yes they are you could work it out like give an extra pick to get a 1st rounder

any team in the top 6 would take any of those 3 for there 1st round pick

Mat0369

Simmo is worth nothing due to his age, Walker has a dodgy knee and a history of shoulder issues and will be 30 next year, you would be lucky to get 2nd round picks for both. Mick won't be there so he has no say on Daisy, you will probably have to pay a large chunk of his contract like the Dogs are with Griff, I already said he is the guy I would look at moving to somewhere like GWS in hopes of getting one of Shiel/Treloar with a couple of other pieces. Jamo is one I would also look at moving but like Simmo and Walker he is in the wrong bracket in terms of age.

The guys we have to deal away have to be in the Kreuz, Murph, Gibbs, Hendo, Levi, Yaz and Warnock. 6 of those hold value but you can probably only afford to trade two or three at the most. You can blow up your core but you need to keep a couple for leadership purposes. Right now Kreuz, Levi, Warnock and maybe Hendo are the ones I would look at moving. You can probably get a late 2nd early 3rd for Warnock (a pick after 30) considering what we got for Hammer. Levi should net us Aish if we are after him considering he is the type of player the Lions are after. Maybe we swap 2nd and 3rd round picks as well (we give the 2nd they give a 3rd). I thought Kreuz, Thomas and maybe another older player (Walker/Jamo) to the Giants for Treloar/Shiel and a swap of firsts and the Giants 2nd. Hendo would get you a first so you can still keep a few of those key players to help bring through the younger kids. Maybe you can offload one of those 2nd round picks to get a Gorringe or Nicholls from the Suns

Effectively that would be out

Kreuz
Warnock
Levi
Hendo
Thomas
Walker/Jamo
1st round pick
2nd round pick
2nd round pick

In

Treloar/Shiel
Nicholls/Gorringe
2 first rounders
1 2nd rounder
1 3rd rounder

Based on contract you can't dump Gibbs this year since we just gave him a team friendly deal last year, maybe next year you look at it and see if he can net you a player and a pick

Spite

Hey Mat, explain to me why you would want to get rid of Levi? Just good value atm?

I would think he is someone you build your core of players off no? But if he had to be involved in a deal for Aish...then you've got to get Aish.

I just can't see you guys getting rid of Murphy, even if I think that it will benefit your club...

I know you said you can't dump Gibbs... but he is the one that needs to go and you could get a seriously good young player like Treloar for him.

Which players are untouchable do you think? Bell, Buckley, Cripps and Menzel? All the rest are fair game?

Mat0369

Levi is already 25 and is only 3 months younger then Hendo. If you are considering trading Hendo you have to consider trading Levi. I love him, I think if he could ever fix that kicking he could be one of the most dominant forwards in the league, but when you look at a guy like Cloke who is a few years older and still struggling with the same issues you would look at Levi as a trade chip. I think Mick is a moron for dropping him, he needs to play games and he has been a crap load better then Jones all year, yet Jones still plays.

Aish is also the type of player we need, he is that outside ball user we can sit on the wing and if all it takes is Levi to get him pull the trigger. I wouldn't trade both Levi and Hendo in the one season now that I think about it because that will leave us with 0 key forwards on the list, but whichever of the two yields the best return I would do it.

Untouchables are the guys you listed, throw in Jaksch and Docherty. Unfortunately that core isn't deep enough which is why you need to add guys like potentially Aish, Treloar/Shiel, a young ruck and some good young KPP's. The Irish boys in Byrne and Sheehan have also looked good, you have a few other mids but you are lacking in key stocks and small forwards.

kilbluff1985

Mat i think you could get a very late 1st round pick for each of Daisy/Simmo/Walker

Freo, Port, Hawks, Tigers, North, Bombers would all be interested in all 3 imo

kilbluff1985

or lets say if Bombers get around pick 10 i'd be happy to give our 1st pick and maybe something else for Simmo and 1 of the others

our best 22 would be looking awesome

Nige

Rumour has it that John Worsfold is the frontrunner to replace Mick if and/or when he's axed.   

Mat0369