Main Menu

Roughead??

Started by Hazza09, March 31, 2015, 02:00:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hazza09

I havnt seen Roughead among many teams this year and was thinking why? Im flipping a coin between Roughead and Bennel but not sure which way to go. Roughy has a good average and can score well, but not sure if he can carry out his average this season.

Thoughts?

Jay

Really good pick. Have had him in and out, depending on funds.

I'd actually go with him over Harley mate. More proven.

Gigantor

The issue I have with Roughie (and most of the Hawks Premos) is I don't see him improving his average and with all the DPP's available this year I think he is a risky pick.
Best case scenario is he holds his average and is a solid F6, worst case he drops a few points and ends up in the top 15-20 range which is too low.

bowyanger

Bennel is just too inconsistent for me and if being super picky - he is soft...living on the goldy Im forced to watch him play every week on TV...by no means is he a scrub - he is a very handy player and it wouldn't be a bad decision to have him in your side

Ruffnuts is a definite viable pick. He plays most games, is at a perfect age for KPP dominance, can play anywhere from ruck to ruck rover

Is also Hawthorns most important player

He is tough as nails - you watch him live and you get an appreciation how hard he is at it, he crunches a lot of people going for the ball.

His kicking has really improved the last 2 years, when your playing in a forward line for a team that is going to dominate possession your guaranteed to get a bit of it sat on your head every weekend

Ruffnuts plays a massive team 1st game, his defensive acts and 1%ers go unrecognised by the ball watchers (media, commentary, fans) - if he became a bit more selfish he would kick a lot more goals and score better in SC

If Hale or Big Boy rest forward more it would stop Ruffnuts getting double teamed as much as he did last year after Franks left

Ive had him in and out of my side - he is ripe to go bang and kick 100 goals this year...I just cant afford to get him in with all the potential forward money makers around

Holz

My thoughts are why pick a forward in the forwaf line when you can pick a mid.

Have swan Gray Martin Bartel over him.

If I was going a forward than buddy beats him for almost the same price.

Hazza09

Quote from: Holz on March 31, 2015, 05:31:42 PM
My thoughts are why pick a forward in the forwaf line when you can pick a mid.

Have swan Gray Martin Bartel over him.

If I was going a forward than buddy beats him for almost the same price.

Holz fair point mate, i have Swan Gray and Dusty but im not so sure on Bartel...his pre season has ben great but i cant afford him.

Is Buddy even fit? Yeah Buddy would be a better pick i agree

bkp130

Anyone considering the big rough

Currently don't have him in my side however im looking at him as a POD

Only currently owned by 12 percent of sides

Averaged 95 from 2 pre-season games and averaged 95 last season.

Im tempted but worried if i select him clark will go bigger for 400K less.

Mark

I think you answered your own concerns...

Clark is $400k cheaper so if he scores 70-80 you would take that everyday...

If Roughy scores 80 you would be upset..

Id take Clake and spend the $400k on upgrading somewhere else..

Best of luck