WXV Round 1: The Debut of Christchurch and Rio de Janeiro

Started by Purple 77, March 29, 2015, 11:40:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ossie85

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on April 01, 2015, 10:05:31 AM
Quote from: ossie85 on April 01, 2015, 09:44:13 AM
Buenos Aires to be SMASHED by New York

Geee thanks Os - perhaps we should actually rest a gun this week then?  ;)

We are still waiting on teams to be announced, in particular Montagna because it's not clear if he will be in or not.

Can we list a team now, and then edit it after full teams are announced tomorrow and make a change if need be?

Not a huge compliment sorry :(

Most weeks it will be:

Buenos Aires to be SMASHED by <insert team here>

Holz

Quote from: ossie85 on April 01, 2015, 10:07:40 AM

We are still waiting on teams to be announced, in particular Montagna because it's not clear if he will be in or not.

Can we list a team now, and then edit it after full teams are announced tomorrow and make a change if need be?

Not a huge compliment sorry :(

Most weeks it will be:

Buenos Aires to be SMASHED by <insert team here>

I wonder what dillos v Sun's will be called.

Purple 77

As long as the edit time of your post is before the first bounce, then yep  :)

Actually that reminds me...

My approach to edit-post/new-post way of submitting your teams;

I'll only record the teams you put down after the first bounce in ANY round. So when that happens, I'll look back and record your teams. If the last time you edited a team is after the first bounce, then that submission will be ignored and I will look at the last time you submitted a team for this round. If such a post doesn't exist, then I'll go back to your priority list and name a team for you, and you will get a strike.

In the case of a partial lockout, I'll use this round as an example:

As soon as Rich vs Carl game starts, I'll do the process above, except you won't get a strike if you haven't named a team seeing as it's a partial lockout and not a full lockout. Not yet anyway.

After the Rich vs Carl game, please create a new post for submitting your team, obviously if you're happy with the team you've already submitted then you don't have to. Because if you edited your post submitting your Carl/Rich players to update the rest of your team, then the edit time will technically be after the partial lockout and stuff will get messy.

Nige

Moscow to defeat Cairo, sorry Sands, I think you're in for a struggle.
I know you're a Cairo fanboy Oss, so I'm disappointed you don't have faith.  :P

JBs-Hawks

Watch out, the anti tanking dillos will call you out for tanking.

Vinny

Hahaha JB come on. I reckon what you did wasn't tanking, its obviously tactics, the rule is there to use. If you aren't allowed to do that, might as well remove it.

We are not happy with our team obviously. But we didn't have much of a choice, we had no chance of winning the flag again and had to rebuild. It's tough when your guys are all old and are on the decline, no one wants to pay much for them which makes sense. Obviously it was Nails' choice to go old originally but couldn't do anything about that now. Our guys were going to retire in the next year or two, where we would get nothing for them. The ruck situation was just stupid, bad move on our part. We had to clean the house and get what we could where we could.

Dildos:
D: S.Atley, R.Bewick, B.Goodes, T.Chaplin.
M: B.Hill (C), M.Wallis, A.Brayshaw, B.Newton.
R: S.Durdin
F: J.Schulz, T.Adams (VC), L.Thomas, B.Lennon.
U: L.Jong, J.DeGoey.

E: J.Clarke, S.Lemmens, L.Jones.

I'll update tomorrow, Nails has gone AWOL.

Jroo

Mexico City Suns
D: Simpson
M:
R: Maric (VC)
F: Deledio
U:

EMG: ?,?, K.McIntosh

Resting: Allen Christensen

RaisyDaisy

I don't think we have a single Blue or Tiger in our starting XV, so we'll just name our team tomorrow once all the other AFL teams have been named :)

Purple 77

Damn you Ricky Petterd...

When Richmond select him, I get good scores from him! And yet he can't cement himself in their 22  :(

Such a tease!

Ricochet

New Delhi Tigers

DEF Simon White
MIDS
UTIL
RUCK
FWD Ben Griffiths

EMER:

Levis43

Rio de Janeiro Jaguars

We will be attacking.

D: B. Houli
M: M. Murphy (vc)
R:
F:
I:

E: P. Cripps (m), J. Riewoldt (f)

Nige

Purple 77

Forgot to mention in the OP to the new coaches that Flooding/Attacking is limited to only 3 times a year each.

But if you already knew that, then no worries  8)

Ringo

Just a question Purps if we wish to use one of the three this round when do we nominate before tomorrow nights bounce or Saturday Bounce.

Nige

It's always been start of the round regardless hasn't it?