Help me become a SC great

Started by crossy77, March 18, 2015, 06:44:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

crossy77

All

Here is my team for you to pick apart

D    H Shaw, L Hodge, J Newnes, T Varcoe, S Edwards, H Goddard (D Viojo Rainbow, B Maynard)
M    Sloane, Priddis, L Parker, J Watson, Delidio, A Swallow, P Cripps, N Freeman  ( W Hams, D Hamilton, N krakouer)
R   Blicavs, Bell Chambers (M Cox)
F   R Gray, Bartel, D Martin, D swan, Salem, M Clark (K Langford, Karnezis)

79k left in bank
Gone skinny on rucks in order to get more high mids in forward

Let me know your thought

BomberSam

DEF: Too weak. Varcoe should be upgraded, and so should Edwards. There should only be one starting defensive rookie this year IMO. Do some more research, from your choices I only really like Goddard.

MID: A few points of difference here! Good looking midfield, but once again do a bit more research on rookies. Liking Cripps!
Also, try to swap Deledio into your forward line. You've got to make the most of those midfield spaces. That would mean swapping him for one of your first 4 forwards, or just forgetting about him. Slot another value player into the midfield then. Consider Wines, Crouch and Griffen around that price mark.

RUCK: Risky combo. You should really have coverage in the forward line with another RUCK/FWD eligible player. Could turn out okay, but you never know with ruckmen.

FWD: I would recommend only going 3 deep in the forward line. It's a popular structure this year due to the high number of good rookies, and the value on offer. Consider Gray as an upgrade target and use the extra cash to upgrade your defence and rucks department.

ronl

Pretty much agree with what Sam has said.  A couple points:  You've got to fix the ruck situation, Blicavs is not the answer.
Also I'm steering clear of Bartel because I believe he'll be managed this year and will miss games against weaker sides.

arbel

I agree with what has been said ...

DEF: Not strong enough, hodge may get managed this year but should be able to work around that. Varcoe isn't SC relevant.
MIDS: You must have at least one of ablett/pendles, and even then Sloane as M1 isn't strong enough. There is selwood, jpk. If you want lids put him in your fwd line. I'd also downgrade swallow to a rookie.
RUCKS: Way to weak if blicavs is R1, must have at least one premium in here.
FWDS: I know you've gone skinny in the rucks to boost this line but with so many choices of rookies better to downgrade and have rookies to make money.