Main Menu

G-whiz 2015

Started by kevinjames35, March 01, 2015, 05:16:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kevinjames35

Hey guys,

Had a three year hiatus from all fantasy footy, can you pls give my team a look and let me know what you think, open to criticism.

Def: Malceski, Shaw, Hurn, Rampe, Whitecross, Goddard (Hamling, Ramsay)

Mid: Pendlebury, Selwood, Beams, Kennedy, Ward, Anderson, Boekhurst, Laverde (Freeman, Smith, Krakeour)

Ruck: NicNat, Leunberger (O'Brien)

Forward: Gray, Deledio, Franklin, Swan, Karnezis, Hogan (Steele, Lambert)

6k remaining.

Any help is much appreciated!

Cheers,

Gigantor

Not sure if Goddard will be a lock come RD1
I would downgrade one of your fwd premos and upgrade Leuy

kevinjames35

Hey dude, thanks for the input, Goddard is just a place holder for now.
In regards to Leuy, I think he is more of a lock than most people think. Stefan Martin is getting in ridiculous shape which makes me think he may be primed for a more midfield role as his ruck work isn't flash and I can see Brisbanes coaching staff wanting one of the best tap ruckman in the league knocking it down to Rockliff, Beams, Zorko, Redden, Christensen, Hanley and co.

swans15

Think you have to have Garry in there. If you don't start with him it's going to be really hard to get him into your side.

kevinjames35

I'm not sold on Gaz for some reason. My guts saying no, not sure if it will be the emergence of the rest of the midfield or what it is but my gut is putting a line through him to begin the year.

barlowlove

Some general thoughts-

Malceski and Gray had huge years last year but I'm not sure either are worth the price particularly with the other forward options that are $50k+ cheaper than Gray, would love to hear others thoughts on this though

I don't believe Rampe can become a Top 10 Defender which you would want at that price.... would need to add 20 ppg which would require a role change

Agree with the doubt on Leuy, too injury prone and not a lock for No.1 Ruck... in saying that he's been in and out of my side, but Belly may be a better option at $302k

Ringo

Realise rookies are placeholders till round 1 so no comment at this stage.

Agree with the comments on Eski and gray think both are at their ceiling after break outs last year and may even fall in price.

Rampe is the other I have an issue with if your gust says he will increase 10/15ppg with Eski gone then go for it.   remember you want the majority of each line to be top 10 and if it is not then you need to factor in trades. Do not think Rampe will even make Top 20 just my opinion though.

kevinjames35

Cheers for all the thoughts, had a re look at my side.
Bit skeptical on HIbberd with all of the ASADA rubbish going on, the inclusion of Shane Mumford is what I've been trying to do all preseason, should have a massive year with the (hopefully) emerging Giants. Also, well done twisting my arm to bring in the little master

kevinjames35

Hey Guys,

Re-jigged my side to look like the below.

Def; Simpson, Shaw, Hurn, Newnes, Pearce, Saad (Hamling, Goddard)

Mids; Pendlebury, Selwood, Beams, Kennedy, Ward, Lang, Anderson, Vandenberg (Freeman, Prudden, Steele)

Ruck; Mumford, Goldstein

Forward: Gray, Franklin, Swan, Clark, Hogan, Lambert (Karnesiz, Krakeour)

2k left, would appreciate any opinion!

AaronKirk

Quote from: kevinjames35 on March 09, 2015, 04:40:10 PM
Hey Guys,

Re-jigged my side to look like the below.

Def; Simpson, Shaw, Hurn, Newnes, Pearce, Saad (Hamling, Goddard)

Mids; Pendlebury, Selwood, Beams, Kennedy, Ward, Lang, Anderson, Vandenberg (Freeman, Prudden, Steele)

Ruck; Mumford, Goldstein

Forward: Gray, Franklin, Swan, Clark, Hogan, Lambert (Karnesiz, Krakeour)

2k left, would appreciate any opinion!

Saad has to be promoted off the rookie list to play round one so keep that in mind, as does Krak but he is a better chance and has DPP.

Do you trust that Hurn can stay on the park? Gun on the field but has too many injuries.

Deep mids, but need defensive rookies to play to make this work.

Strong ruck division.

IMO Gray is overpriced but I can see why you would start him. A rare forward line without one of the tiger DPP's

Solid side to sit on until rookies unveil themselves.