Main Menu

Fremantle Intraclub 21/02

Started by Ricochet, February 21, 2015, 07:24:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaveElNacho

The final score was 16.9.105 to 0.4.4.

What's the point of a prac match if it's gonna be so one sided?

Ricochet

Quote from: DaveElNacho on February 22, 2015, 09:15:45 PM
The final score was 16.9.105 to 0.4.4.

What's the point of a prac match if it's gonna be so one sided?
Practice structures with a side thats close to your best.  Most clubs do it at some point during preseason

salver11

Wouldn't take much out of it, Fyfe, Hill, D Pearce, Mundy, Muzungo and Crowley all guys who didn't play that will get midfield time ahead of Crozier come the real stuff. Thought L Neale was disappointing considering the mentioned midfield depth out I would have expected him to shine even spending most of his time in the weaker team.

valkorum

Quote from: Ricochet on February 22, 2015, 08:32:33 PM
I love Crozier in our side. Will depend on fwd structures because we look to be trialing 3 big men deep. Then add in Ballas and Walters. Doesn't leave to much room in there

Fyfe will spend more time forward as well. 
Mayne might be training with the backs but he will spend time forward as well - his pressure is too important.
DeBoer normally plays a forward tagging role, so there's another one.

anchorman

Quote from: valkorum on February 23, 2015, 11:22:03 AM
I love Crozier in our side. Will depend on fwd structures because we look to be trialing 3 big men deep. Then add in Ballas and Walters. Doesn't leave to much room in there

Mayne might be training with the backs but he will spend time forward as well - his pressure is too important.
Good to see that you are coming around to my way of thinking about Fyfe Valk. I said it last season and have stated it this season, well not started yet, but he will play CHF a lot this season.
Said it before he is the ready made fill in for Pav when he leaves.

valkorum

Quote from: anchorman on February 23, 2015, 03:52:36 PM
Quote from: valkorum on February 23, 2015, 11:22:03 AM

Good to see that you are coming around to my way of thinking about Fyfe Valk. I said it last season and have stated it this season, well not started yet, but he will play CHF a lot this season.
Said it before he is the ready made fill in for Pav when he leaves.

I am not coming around to your way of thinking, I am just stating what Lyon and Fyfe have both said.  Fyfe did say he would still be predominantly in the midfield with short stints forward.

Apeness and Taberner are the forwards for the future  - Taberner will play CHF this year with Pav at FF.  The tank on Tabs is enormous (N Reiwoldt like).

Money Shot

Will Fyfe playing more forward affect his scoring output super coach wise?

Ricochet

Quote from: Money Shot on February 23, 2015, 06:48:40 PM
Will Fyfe playing more forward affect his scoring output super coach wise?
No mate. He'll still play mostly midfield

anchorman

Punt on him playing a LOT at CHF this season, and I mean a LOT.
Plenty of good mids to play, but only one CHF after Pavlich.

valkorum

http://www.fremantlefc.com.au/news/2015-02-24/six-things-we-learned-from-ross-at-the-season-launch

4.    Fyfe has the tools to play centre-half-forward

Ross had lots to give about ‘Fyfey’. He recalled an under 18s game where the Lake Grace gun took 20 marks playing centre-half-forward. “He probably should be playing as a centre-half-forward, but I don’t think Nathan wants to go to centre-half-forward,” Lyon said.

anchorman

If Lyon wants him to play at CHF, then he will play at CHF. It wont have anything to do with where Fyfe wants to play.

DaveElNacho

So Fyfe to win brownlow and coleman in 2015?