Main Menu

Fremantle Intraclub 21/02

Started by Ricochet, February 21, 2015, 07:24:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ricochet

Following the live chat here http://www.fremantlefc.com.au/news/2015-02-20/follow-the-intraclub-game-with-live-chat

Some main comments so far
- Apeness, Taberner and Sandi all in the attacking 50. Mayne is playing as a defender
- [on Apeness and Taberner] Both are giving the white team headaches in a huge forward set up for purple. Apeness almost took out about 8 players flying for a pack mark
- Purple dominating but Sheridan looking very slick

Ricochet

- Suban a clearance machine so far.

Ricochet

- Clarke is dominating in the ruck. Haven't seen too much of the other too boys yet [Hannath and Moller] but it's been hard for any of the white team to get a lot going

Ricochet

- I think Johnno would prefer the hit-out given he's missed a lot of training. Mayney is playing very well under a barrage of pressure

Hoggyz_a_legend

Donwe know what Ibbotson's role was?

Ricochet

Ricochet

Was out for the second half but here are some more

- [on Silvagni] Very good. Competing like it's an AFL final.
- [on McPharlin being rested in the 2nd half] No. Luke Mac still marshaling the purple backline. He's playing on Moller.
- [on Weller and Blakely] They are both clearly talented, but it might be hard to break into a midfield that's fit and deep. Fyfe, Crowley, Hill, D Pearce, Mzungu and Mundy still to return, and it seems the likes of Sheridan, Crozier, Suban and Clancee Pearce are also pushing very hard for a spot.
- Mayney getting some relief. He's playing for purple now in attack.
- Croz again. His fourth. He even got the clearance for that foray forward.

Purple team won 15.9.99 to 0.3.3 but teams were very lopsided and White consistent mainly of youngsters and Peel players

GoLions

So was Mayne playing as a key defender or something? Any chance of him lining up in defence during the season as well?

Ricochet

Quote from: GoLions on February 22, 2015, 12:19:47 PM
So was Mayne playing as a key defender or something? Any chance of him lining up in defence during the season as well?
yeh he was then switched fwd. I think we'll see similar during the year with him switching to both ends. Especially with Dawson battling with a groin atm

GoLions

Quote from: Ricochet on February 22, 2015, 01:36:12 PM
yeh he was then switched fwd. I think we'll see similar during the year with him switching to both ends. Especially with Dawson battling with a groin atm
Ok cheers. Hopefully he still goes alright for BXVs :P

Ricochet

Quote from: GoLions on February 22, 2015, 01:47:27 PM
Quote from: Ricochet on February 22, 2015, 01:36:12 PM
Ok cheers. Hopefully he still goes alright for BXVs :P
haha yeh I need him for AXVs. Although playing in defence won't help in that comp

fasttrack13

Crozier Killed it off the wing!

Which of the free midfielders weren't playing though?

fasttrack13

Crozier probably slots in at HF since he can slot a goal Rico?

Ricochet

I love Crozier in our side. Will depend on fwd structures because we look to be trialing 3 big men deep. Then add in Ballas and Walters. Doesn't leave to much room in there