Kreuzer injury

Started by AaronKirk, February 16, 2015, 06:19:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

batt

Quote from: Ricochet on February 16, 2015, 06:39:53 PM
Quote from: batt on February 16, 2015, 06:37:54 PM
Thankfully Kreuz reminds us why we shouldn't pick him before things even get going. At this stage I'm not sure if I feel much sympathy for a bloke who doesn't put in the time to get his body right.
???
Hairline foot fractures are such a rubbish injury.  Poorly strengthened/imbalanced lower body muscles = chronic injuries. 

Ricochet

Quote from: batt on February 16, 2015, 06:45:46 PM
Quote from: Ricochet on February 16, 2015, 06:39:53 PM
Thankfully Kreuz reminds us why we shouldn't pick him before things even get going. At this stage I'm not sure if I feel much sympathy for a bloke who doesn't put in the time to get his body right.
???
Hairline foot fractures are such a rubbish injury.  Poorly strengthened/imbalanced lower body muscles = chronic injuries.
You're joking right? AFL clubs don't let you take the piss with injuries, especially when he is such an important player to them and has such an injury riddled past. Its just luck and how his body is made up

batt

Quote from: Ricochet on February 16, 2015, 06:48:21 PM
You're joking right? AFL clubs don't let you take the piss with injuries, especially when he is such an important player to them and has such an injury riddled past. Its just luck and how his body is made up
Sure it's luck if you get bad genes but I refuse to believe you can't get your body right.  Of course since Kreuz is huge and bears a lot of weight, he's going to have to do a lot more work to get his body right. 

But these injuries aren't just dumb luck. 

Mat0369

This, although it is more an indictment on Carlton's medical staff then it is on Kreuz. One thing you can never question with him is his work ethic, he would be doing absolutely everything to get his body right

Ricochet

Quote from: batt on February 16, 2015, 06:58:53 PM
Sure it's luck if you get bad genes but I refuse to believe you can't get your body right.  Of course since Kreuz is huge and bears a lot of weight, he's going to have to do a lot more work to get his body right. 

What do you think he does at training... sits there and watches?
His program would be more structured and detailed than 90% of any of the other Carlton players

batt

Quote from: Mat0369 on February 16, 2015, 07:05:43 PM
This, although it is more an indictment on Carlton's medical staff then it is on Kreuz. One thing you can never question with him is his work ethic, he would be doing absolutely everything to get his body right
Yeah I was too harsh on Kreuz.  As a Phoenix Suns fan I'm used to high quality medical staff.  I'd venture to say AFL clubs still have a ways to go when it comes to body balancing.

Blues Blues Blues

Quote from: batt on February 16, 2015, 06:58:53 PM

Tough call Batt. I'm sure Kruezer has been doing everything he can to get his body right. More an issue of Carlton medical staff making a blunder

RaisyDaisy

In a way it kind of makes things a little easier for us now

Now we all just need to decide if we want to start Leuey/Nicholls at R2 or go set and forget

shaker

Think that has made my mind up set and forget

meow meow

Quote from: SydneyRox on February 16, 2015, 06:22:14 PM
spewing that couldnt have happened round2.

Was always going down with something, too bad it couldnt have helped my fantasy teams!!

Amen. There's still Beau.

My Chumps

Well, there's that idea.

Keeper27

Go set and forget.
Don't waste time on mid priced options

batt

Quote from: Keeper27 on February 16, 2015, 08:44:17 PM
Go set and forget.
Don't waste time on mid priced options
Not sold on set & forget seeing as we're getting a 10ppg dip in production from the premiums.  Will be keenly eying any cheapo options.

Grufflez

Quote from: shaker on February 16, 2015, 06:43:35 PM
Thankfully Kreuz reminds us why we shouldn't pick him before things even get going.  At this stage I'm not sure if I feel much sympathy for a bloke who doesn't put in the time to get his body right.

Pretty sure he would have done everything to get his body right , just has dodgy feet it happens

Bad thing for any player to have let alone a big fella

Goosey

Got to feel for the big fella, all AFL players work extremely hard (well....except for Colin Sylvia) and stress fractures in the feet would have to be extremely frustrating, I did have him penned in for R2, looks like I am downgrading elsewhere to revert back to Goldstein/Naitanui.