Nat Fyfe injury

Started by Woppa15, February 13, 2015, 02:52:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mat0369

It is the dodgy shoulder which still worries people with Fyfe.....

And I know most guys don't play 22 anymore, but 3 games a year is more then I want my guys missing if I am paying 600k plus for them

fasttrack13

Quote from: Mat0369 on February 13, 2015, 05:01:46 PM
It is the dodgy shoulder which still worries people with Fyfe.....

And I know most guys don't play 22 anymore, but 3 games a year is more then I want my guys missing if I am paying 600k plus for them

That's why I don't have him but this injury niggle isn't a problem, and people selecting him shouldn't think it is either

Holz

Quote from: fasttrack13 on February 13, 2015, 04:57:02 PM
Quote from: Holz on February 13, 2015, 04:50:02 PM
Quote from: fasttrack13 on February 13, 2015, 04:48:14 PM
It's nathan Fyfe... Enough said. Chill

you mean the guy who quite often picks up injuries.

It's Nat Fyfe.... Enough Said. Worry

pretty sure he's only missed games through suspension and rested last couple of years mate... Might wanna look that up.

6 games missed
3 games rested
2 through suspension

Hmmm...?

only one season where he has played more than 20.

combo of suspension, resting and injuries

last 3 years.

13 missed
3 missed
4 missed

Sloane for example

1 missed
1 missed
0 missed

Selwood

2 missed
0 missed
0 missed

JPK

0 missed
0 missed
2 missed

yes the injury means nothing, but its just an indication that he just isnt the safetest player and this reminds you.

lets say he plays 20 which he has only done once in his career. If he averages 120 than that equates to 115.5 average when you take into account a 70 average player covering him (which is very optimistic)

He needs to average 125 if he is missing two games just to match a guy who averages 120 and plays 22.

_wato

Exactly as Holz said, has only played in 46 of a possible 66 games in the past three years (69% of games played)

Just based on his last two years you could be safe in saying he could miss upto four games (especially with his shoulder) although I don't read much into it. In some ways, it is better to pick players based on total points scored instead of average to work out the worth of some players.

It's why in some sense durable players are so common in most teams (Simmo is a great example, only missed 3 games in 9 years, 195/198 games played for 99% games played rounded up) which is insane

Mat0369

And the only reason Simmo missed those games is because he copped a cheap hit breaking his jaw from Wellingham who was then suspended.

meow meow

As Ross says "the past is irrelevant". Fyfe could very well play 22 games and dethrone GAJ as the #1 supercoacher in the land this year. Just keep him away from suitcases.

batt

I don't think I can ever trust a bloke with a body like his who attacks the ball as hard as  he does to be my ultra-ultra 650k premium.  That combined with the suspension risk is enough to make me steer clear, for now.

fasttrack13

Not selecting someone on the basis they'll miss 2/3 games is just stupid, pick legitmate reasons. I'd understand if it was more than one quarter of the season but 2/3 hmm. You're going to have a couple of players that do anyway

Holz

Quote from: fasttrack13 on February 13, 2015, 06:36:28 PM
Not selecting someone on the basis they'll miss 2/3 games is just stupid, pick legitmate reasons. I'd understand if it was more than one quarter of the season but 2/3 hmm. You're going to have a couple of players that do anyway

How is it a stupid reason, if your going for overall total points is as if not more important than average points. Why pick him when there are guys similar price who will average about the same

tbagrocks

Sheesh you just want to pick him but as the Hman says, why? When you miss games and he will as he already has a hammy in February, he'll miss games!

Real problem with Fyfey is he isn't cheap, guys that may well outscore him like JPK are cheaper, so it seems crazy to start Nat? :o

sammy123

This is why i went jpk. Before his 3 weeks if last season had played about 150 straight.

Fyfe worries me a little but will be in my team at some point no doubt

shaker

Hammy or not watched on the news tonight and Fyfe is looking like a beast if he has no injury problems when the season starts he is going to rip teams to shreds  ;)

Money Shot

This injury shouldn't stop people from picking him.

Holden the ball

he actully didnt go off the field..

honza

Quote from: fasttrack13 on February 13, 2015, 04:48:14 PM
It's nathan Fyfe... Enough said. Chill
Chill probably not the word that comes to mind here.

Back story

Fyfe was pulled from the 22 about 5 minutes before Friday lockout, before we had rolling lockouts. My mrs reckons the "ahh fu--!!! scream" followed by me vaulting over the back of the couch and scrambling to the computer on the other side of the house was the funniest thing she's ever seen. Said I went faster than two kittens bashing each other at 10 oclock.