Jamie Macmillan

Started by Money Shot, February 10, 2015, 11:27:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fasttrack13

Wouldn't call him left field, I've thoroughly looked into him and believe he can hit 80+ or just below that. 130k+ is perfect as you'd only require a 30-50k upgrade for a fallen premo which is what you'll get if he hits 80. If I'm honest that's all waters was ever going to do. Same role same price in your team. Even if he only makes 80-100k it won't kill me I've broken even.

Mat0369

Quote from: Holz on February 12, 2015, 02:00:36 PM
Quote from: The_Captain on February 12, 2015, 01:56:42 PM
No chance. Highest average of 68.... This guy is not fantasy relevant at all.

one green vest in that so 70 average.

if he can go 70 that will make 100k and than a simple downgrade upgrade to a premo.

who else?

Guys around that price I only can find 2 including Macmillan and the other can score but it comes down to if he is the sub or not. You either have to find another x amount of dollars to upgrade to Henderson or hope for a downgrade option.

I was trying to look into his scores a bit more, there is something up with 2013 and they won't show, I can't see him averaging 80, I think 70 is probably going to be close to his ceiling without knowing his exact role just looking at Norths ball winners out of the backline. Those players will include Atley, Dal, Higgins (if he plays there) and Luke McDonald. Looking at the available back rookies though, I am expecting maybe a 40 average from the rookies before the NAB starts, so is the extra 30 points worth about 150k?

RaisyDaisy

Ibbo and Yeo are the only 2 I will consider, but need to see how they go during NAB

If they both don't look like great options, then I'll downgrade a forward premo to a cheaper option like Membrey or Salem and roll with a 5 prem defence.

I'd rather have Membrey or Salem for 170-190k then MacMillian etc for more

nrich102

LF

nrich102

Grufflez

The choice is change team structure and adapt accordingly...any mid priced non keeper non cash cow(150-175k at least) is a waste of space.

Dayze

What about Dylan Buckley for 30k more?
Matty care to give us ur two cents on his scoring potential and JS?

Mat0369

I love him but his injury issues worry me. Ideally he is Simmo's replacement on the wing since they are very similar players but unlike Simmo he is often injured due to his light build. He can occasionally butcher the ball but he can have a huge impact on games due to his game breaking pace which makes up for it in terms of SC. I think if he is fit he will get games but until he proves he can get through a stretch of games without getting injured I would give him a miss.

He is also fighting for probably the deepest position at the club if they do intend to use him as a rebounding defender with the likes of Docherty, Yarran, Walker and Simmo. I think Simmo probably goes back to the wing this year and rotates with Yaz and Docherty while Walker might play forward. I don't like the unpredictability with the guys in those positions which is why Simmo is the only one I am going with at the moment. You also have Sheehan who played that sort of small defender last year and did a really good job. I am happy with that as it puts more pressure on Tuohy to perform who has been down on form the last couple of years but there was no one behind him to pressure him for a spot. Now you also have Clem Smith, Rainbow and Dick who were all picked up in the off season so at least there will be some competition.

fasttrack13

Quote from: Grufflez on February 12, 2015, 10:56:17 PM
The choice is change team structure and adapt accordingly...any mid priced non keeper non cash cow(150-175k at least) is a waste of space.

Really confused, what are you trying to say?

Midpricer has to make 150-175k?

IMO it depends on where the player is priced for to what they need to make to be  good cow

Grufflez

Quote from: fasttrack13 on February 13, 2015, 05:02:04 PM

IMO it depends on where the player is priced for to what they need to make to be  good cow

Sorry, probably should have quoted a few of the comments i was referring to such as...Who else is there now Waters has gone down? i was saying its better to adapt and rearranged structure to fit new circumstances rather than waste 270k on another guy to fill his old spot...that kind of price replacement thinking is dangerous, you pick a player for a job not just the 2nd or 3d best fit in his price bracket. Just my opinion.

And yes your mid pricer must either become a keeper or a cash cow(same as stepping stone really) because say he is 300-400k ish he will need to make what a cash cow rookie would make 150-200k to become keeper or be turned into a
premium.

fasttrack13

Quote from: Grufflez on February 15, 2015, 12:28:17 AM
Quote from: fasttrack13 on February 13, 2015, 05:02:04 PM

Sorry, probably should have quoted a few of the comments i was referring to such as...Who else is there now Waters has gone down? i was saying its better to adapt and rearranged structure to fit new circumstances rather than waste 270k on another guy to fill his old spot...that kind of price replacement thinking is dangerous, you pick a player for a job not just the 2nd or 3d best fit in his price bracket. Just my opinion.

And yes your mid pricer must either become a keeper or a cash cow(same as stepping stone really) because say he is 300-400k ish he will need to make what a cash cow rookie would make 150-200k to become keeper or be turned into a
premium.

Fair enough, regardless I had this guy picked ahead of waters in my team. He has huge upside and potential to go close to 90. Realistically I'm more than happy with around the 80 mark give or take 3pts

Holz

just been added to the leadership team.

"North announced its seven-man leadership group for 2015 on Monday afternoon, with 23-year-old Macmillan the only addition to last year's group"

Macmillan's leadership skills have long been recognised at Arden Street, while the former Scotch College student has established himself as a regular senior player when fit over the past three seasons.

"Prior to breaking his right leg against Port Adelaide in round three last year, Macmillan had played 49 consecutive games in defence and on the wing.

Sidelined for 16 weeks, he needed just three games in the VFL to earn a senior recall in round 23 against Melbourne and held his spot for North's first two finals before a hamstring injury ended his 2014 season."

hawkboy80

Quote from: ben_020285 on February 12, 2015, 09:22:05 AM
Awkwardly priced. I don't think he'll average enough to be a keeper nor make enough cash to be a viable cash cow.

No thanks.
+1

Grufflez

Quote from: Holz on February 16, 2015, 02:29:16 PM
just been added to the leadership team.

"North announced its seven-man leadership group for 2015 on Monday afternoon, with 23-year-old Macmillan the only addition to last year's group"

Macmillan's leadership skills have long been recognised at Arden Street, while the former Scotch College student has established himself as a regular senior player when fit over the past three seasons.

"Prior to breaking his right leg against Port Adelaide in round three last year, Macmillan had played 49 consecutive games in defence and on the wing.

Sidelined for 16 weeks, he needed just three games in the VFL to earn a senior recall in round 23 against Melbourne and held his spot for North's first two finals before a hamstring injury ended his 2014 season."

That is a really good sign. NAB watch list  :)