Forward Breakout or Return to premo status Contenders U420k

Started by fasttrack13, February 08, 2015, 05:55:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fasttrack13

Not sure which players would be more likely to return to premium status. I know there's s lot of love for Titch out there but daisy is coming off a really good preseason and he is "finally feeling comfortable running". Taylor Adams is also primed for a midfield spot which could see him jump to a 90's average.

Not looking at selecting any of these guys personally at this stage, just interested to see where we think these blokes can go with there games.

For me daisy is the best chance to push above 95.

Thoughts?

Jackross10

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: Jackross10 on February 08, 2015, 06:04:14 PM
Rich

Is not a forward

Titch is the only player I would roll the dice on. With so many good forwards on offer this year, none of the cheaper ones will be good enough to finish Top 6-10

Take a risk in the backline this year I reckon. No need to muck around in the forward line this year.

Jackross10

Ricochet

Mitchell is the one from that lot. I really want to take a punt on him but can't fit him at this stage

petefisker

Titch all the way.
I started him last year which didn't work out  ::)
Havn't read much up on him/sydney yet - whats the latest on his JS?

When t.adams learns how to hit targets i'll consider bringing him in.

H1bb3i2d

Taylor Adams should definitely bump 90+, but that's not enough. Titch is a ball magnet, just hope he gets a regular gig this year. I wouldn't be surprised to see Thomas go 100+ this year though.

At this stage Daisy cannot be ignored....... time will tell....

Mat0369

Gus Monfries? He won't average over 100 but injuries killed his year last year and he is priced at about 360k. I can see him averaging around the 95 mark again so he could be a great stepping stone.

RaisyDaisy

In regards to Titch, if Jetta or Rohan take Eski's vacated spot that opens up a spot in the forwards, which hopefully Titch grabs

Mat0369

Quote from: PowerBug on February 08, 2015, 10:42:02 PM
Well with all the fwd options I'm hearing of this season, it'd be tough to fit Monfries in. And I started with him in my side, but where is the space behind Goddard, Swan, Martin, Franklin, Deledio (Not all 5 of course). Not to mention the backline may require extra cash.

Hence the stepping stone. You are not picking him as a keeper and he isn't that awkward price where if you do pick him he has to be a keeper for a forward. You get a guy you can play at forward 4 that can give you a 95 average and then turn him into one of Martin or Lids (saying you don't start with both). At 340k he is 60k cheaper then Mitchell and won't average significantly less with better job security. If we are talking Adams, Gus, Mitchell and Daisy then Gus is the best option for mine

PowerBug

Quote from: Mat0369 on February 08, 2015, 10:46:20 PM
Quote from: PowerBug on February 08, 2015, 10:42:02 PM
Well with all the fwd options I'm hearing of this season, it'd be tough to fit Monfries in. And I started with him in my side, but where is the space behind Goddard, Swan, Martin, Franklin, Deledio (Not all 5 of course). Not to mention the backline may require extra cash.

Hence the stepping stone. You are not picking him as a keeper and he isn't that awkward price where if you do pick him he has to be a keeper for a forward. You get a guy you can play at forward 4 that can give you a 95 average and then turn him into one of Martin or Lids (saying you don't start with both). At 340k he is 60k cheaper then Mitchell and won't average significantly less with better job security. If we are talking Adams, Gus, Mitchell and Daisy then Gus is the best option for mine
Ryder's inclusion will either keep Monfries closer to goal, or push him further out. Seeing as Ryder is agile and a good long range kick, I think Monfries won't be leading out as much beyond 50, and will be more of a goal sneak. More goals, but less ball.
Leader of the King Karl Amon fan club
Coach of WXV side Rio De Janeiro Jaguars
2023 SC: Rank 126

blue

Daisy for me, but at this stage of the year this is a pointless exercise, who ever performs best in the nab cup is the true answer to this question

Mat0369

Quote from: PowerBug on February 08, 2015, 10:50:47 PM
Ryder's inclusion will either keep Monfries closer to goal, or push him further out. Seeing as Ryder is agile and a good long range kick, I think Monfries won't be leading out as much beyond 50, and will be more of a goal sneak. More goals, but less ball.

1 of him or Chad will still get midfield time. While Ryder provides that scoring option as a tall forward, Gus will push up onto the ball and also have stints through the midfield which is where he will get his points. When I watch Port play and he was healthy he looked to get a lot of ball pushing back towards goal. He wasn't locked in the 50 and now that you have an extra tall guy to kick to I don't they lock him inside 50

meow meow

Westfoff is the player most likely to go roaming due to Paddy up forward. Anus will be in F50 still looking for free kicks as usual. His absolute highest ceiling was 90, but since then Port have added Polec and White so they're not short on mids. No need to have him in the mid rotations. 85 max now.