Quote from: Money Shot on February 08, 2015, 01:40:18 PM
Quote from: shaker on February 08, 2015, 01:28:22 PM
Quote from: Money Shot on February 08, 2015, 01:20:44 PM
Quote from: shaker on February 08, 2015, 01:12:31 PM
Quote from: Money Shot on February 08, 2015, 01:07:13 PM
Quote from: shaker on February 08, 2015, 01:05:41 PM
Quote from: Money Shot on February 08, 2015, 01:02:16 PM
My current line up is super risky but it is:
Taylor, Newnes, Lumumba, Rampe, Gilbert, Waters (Goddard, Rookie)

Is that line up to risky? I could have 6 top 15 defenders from the start or they could all average 70...

To risky for my liking MS think you have to have 2 or 3 of the higher scoring backs minimum
What do you mean by higher scoring backs? like what is the minimum for a higher scoring back?

Simpson Malceski Shaw Hodge are 4 it is slim pickings this year but taking a risk with all backs could and probably will blow up in your face

So pretty much anyone over the 470k mark would be a 'higher socring' back?
but yeah its so tuff to choose this year!
And ususally I don't get expensive rookies and this year I think I may have too.

Taylor, Newnes, Harry O and Rampe should all score well but whether or not they will be close to the top 10 mark is another story and I don't want to be 5 points behind the players like Shaw/Hibberd/Birchall/Simpson/Eski etc.

No guarantees in life MS but stick with the proven and take a risk with 1 or 2 hopefully you can jag a cheapie gun scorer like Jaensch last year
Yeah I doubt I'm going to go with a defence like this but I just a don't know what to do!

Get a grip man still a long way to go if you keep going over things now all you will get is confused , sit back and worry about it at the end of March  :P

Money Shot

Have decided to go:
Shaw, Hibberd, Birchall, Rampe, Waters, Goddard (Mckenzie and Rainbow)

Jackross10

Currently have my guns in Shaw and Hibberd along with Newnes and Lumumba, hoping Harry can push an 85 average at a new home and I expect JN to go high eighties

Money Shot

Quote from: Jackross10 on February 08, 2015, 03:08:26 PM
Currently have my guns in Shaw and Hibberd along with Newnes and Lumumba, hoping Harry can push an 85 average at a new home and I expect JN to go high eighties
That could go very well for ya!

Money Shot

Thought I would go a bit more specific and im just wondering what everyones thoughts on Dane Rampe is.

honza

Quote from: Money Shot on February 08, 2015, 03:10:03 PM
Thought I would go a bit more specific and im just wondering what everyones thoughts on Dane Rampe is.

Plenty of evidence he'll be an 80 player, and no evidence whatsoever he'll be a 90.

Money Shot

Quote from: honza on February 08, 2015, 03:36:43 PM
Quote from: Money Shot on February 08, 2015, 03:10:03 PM

Plenty of evidence he'll be an 80 player, and no evidence whatsoever he'll be a 90.
That is fair enough I guess he is a wait and see to check out where he is playing during the nab.

It has come down to Lumumba v Newnes for my D4

AaronKirk

I've locked in Simpson (I really want to pick Walker over him but just cannot do it) and Birchall as premo defenders.

I will definitely pick Newnes - have not had a single draft side without him in every single side.

Currently have Lumumba at D4 and Waters at D5. Hopefully rookies can sort themselves out otherwise will have to re-jig my whole side to get Waters to D6.

kilbluff1985

just replace Thompson with Savage or Seedsman

Mat0369

Walker might not even be ready for round 1. While he is normally a fitness machine my mind goes back to 2012 when he had the quad issues and came in after no pre-season, played a couple of good games and then struggled for touch. If I pick 1AW it has to be after about a month of sustained success as an upgrade target

plumdog millionaire

What do you guys see Rampe and Newnes averaging? And following that... By season's end, what average would make you consider that picking them was be a success? I reckon something like 93-4+ considering the mediocre ceiling of most of the higher-end picks but I don't know if that's realistic.
By the way, Sam Docherty anyone?

MC

I'm on Docherty at the moment, but not 100% convinced as yet. Will need to monitor over the NAB

fasttrack13

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on February 08, 2015, 04:18:20 PM
just replace Thompson with Savage or Seedsman

At the moment neither look like lining up in the best 22's respectively...  :-\

Quote from: plumdog millionaire on February 08, 2015, 05:53:55 PM
What do you guys see Rampe and Newnes averaging? And following that... By season's end, what average would make you consider that picking them was be a success? I reckon something like 93-4+ considering the mediocre ceiling of most of the higher-end picks but I don't know if that's realistic.
By the way, Sam Docherty anyone?

A success for both would be above 90 as they're both above 400k and it should put them in the top 10 defenders.

As for the actual output Newnes' move into the midfield would see him raise to maybe 88-96.
Rampe would gain 3-5 disposals and other stats Malceski left behind but if he got malceskis role then I'd say he could exceed that 100 mark. Realistically 85-92 for him

Docherty for me NEEDS to play midfield to be of any value... I think a fully fit daisy could take the privilege away from him, unless they push Simpson back to a permanent Defender role rather than push him up the ground to play that extra mid sort of role behind the play.

RaisyDaisy

Seriously, where has all this love for Lumumba come from?

The guy has been a mid 70's averaging player his entire career, with 1 year of 88 and all of a sudden everyone think he is going to crush it at showery Melbourne and be a premo? I just don't get the hype whatsoever

Newnes and Fisher are the only two I would consider in this price range to be good enough to go 90+ and be premo. All the others wont reach 90, so I wouldn't bother

meow meow

Even if Newnes plays in the midfield there's no guarantee that his scores will improve. He's an average player, no better than Farran Ray (who averaged 82.5 in the midfield). He'll find it more difficult to get possessions since he'll be playing on better players. No way in hell he'll go near 96.