Previous topic - Next topic

Money Shot

The list is never ending but the players I am really looking at are:
Rampe
Lumumba
Thompson
Newnes

I would just love your thoughts on them all and I am considering going
Newnes, Thompson, Lumumba, Rampe, Yeo, Waters (Goddard, Rookie)

I could have a defence of 6 keepers but then again they could all back fire so how many risks would you take?
Out of Newnes, Thompson, Lumumba and Rampe how many would you take?

honza

Thompson bags points on intercept marks. As the NM mids have taken ascendency it's just not banging in to opposition KPF as it used to. Also KP forwards and backs share the 'regulatory risk' problem - each year the grand poobahs decide how to umpire marking contests, some times it hits the forwards, sometimes the backs, and we have no way of predicting it until it happens. If I have the balls to pick a KPP I'd go Harry Taylor over SDT.

Newnes is the clear standout, he's training to be a midfielder. He's also the worst kept secret so you'll have no POD over the bogan mass in picking him.

Watch Atley. He's training with the midfield group and pushing in to a wingman role. He's unfortuantely the perennial breakout contender who doesn't, but he has durability on his side.

shaker

Newnes I like Thompson I read today is still on a modified program after surgery , this guy has sucked me in twice never again he lures you in with a couple +100 scores then deals out multiple rubbish ones cross him off your list as for the other 2 have not considered them as yet

Money Shot

Well Thompson is off the list I don't want to be taking a risk on a player when I could spend an extra 100k and get Hibberd/Shaw.
Newnes is locked for me pretty much and Harry O is looking mighty fine with Rampe taking over the Eski role.

honza

Yeah Thompson is the classic "got me kicked from Eliminator/Cup" player.  You need to hold all year and have balls like water melons. He is a medicore scorer all year long then BAM he produces one game that pumps the average. And 3 weeks later you dump him like a gf growing a mostache.

I avoid these guys because they don't present you with arbitrage opportunities all year long like a mid/running back player does.

Money Shot

My current line up is super risky but it is:
Taylor, Newnes, Lumumba, Rampe, Gilbert, Waters (Goddard, Rookie)

Is that line up to risky? I could have 6 top 15 defenders from the start or they could all average 70...

shaker

Quote from: Money Shot on February 08, 2015, 01:02:16 PM

Is that line up to risky? I could have 6 top 15 defenders from the start or they could all average 70...

To risky for my liking MS think you have to have 2 or 3 of the higher scoring backs minimum

Money Shot

Quote from: shaker on February 08, 2015, 01:05:41 PM

To risky for my liking MS think you have to have 2 or 3 of the higher scoring backs minimum
What do you mean by higher scoring backs? like what is the minimum for a higher scoring back?

Money Shot

I am likely to go with 3 premiums 1 smokie 400-450k Waters and then 3 rookies but I am just trying new ideas!

Big Mac

Quote from: honza on February 08, 2015, 01:00:48 PM
Yeah Thompson is the classic "got me kicked from Eliminator/Cup" player.  You need to hold all year and have balls like water melons. He is a medicore scorer all year long then BAM he produces one game that pumps the average. And 3 weeks later you dump him like a gf growing a mostache.

I avoid these guys because they don't present you with arbitrage opportunities all year long like a mid/running back player does.

I like it  ;D

honza

Quote from: Money Shot on February 08, 2015, 01:07:13 PM

What do you mean by higher scoring backs? like what is the minimum for a higher scoring back?

Study the bell distribution. Plenty max out at the 80 range. It takes something special to push in to the high 80 to 90s range. Over 100 is typically due to an obvious error by VS in putting a mid in the backs.

shaker

Simpson Malceski Shaw Hodge are 4 it is slim pickings this year but taking a risk with all backs could and probably will blow up in your face

Money Shot

Quote from: shaker on February 08, 2015, 01:12:31 PM

Simpson Malceski Shaw Hodge are 4 it is slim pickings this year but taking a risk with all backs could and probably will blow up in your face

So pretty much anyone over the 470k mark would be a 'higher socring' back?
but yeah its so tuff to choose this year!
And ususally I don't get expensive rookies and this year I think I may have too.

Taylor, Newnes, Harry O and Rampe should all score well but whether or not they will be close to the top 10 mark is another story and I don't want to be 5 points behind the players like Shaw/Hibberd/Birchall/Simpson/Eski etc.

shaker

Quote from: Money Shot on February 08, 2015, 01:20:44 PM

And ususally I don't get expensive rookies and this year I think I may have too.

Taylor, Newnes, Harry O and Rampe should all score well but whether or not they will be close to the top 10 mark is another story and I don't want to be 5 points behind the players like Shaw/Hibberd/Birchall/Simpson/Eski etc.

No guarantees in life MS but stick with the proven and take a risk with 1 or 2 hopefully you can jag a cheapie gun scorer like Jaensch last year

Money Shot

Quote from: shaker on February 08, 2015, 01:28:22 PM
Quote from: Money Shot on February 08, 2015, 01:20:44 PM

No guarantees in life MS but stick with the proven and take a risk with 1 or 2 hopefully you can jag a cheapie gun scorer like Jaensch last year
Yeah I doubt I'm going to go with a defence like this but I just a don't know what to do!