Taylor Adams

Started by Fid, January 31, 2015, 07:04:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fid

What are your thoughts on this guy?

Was the second best clearance behind Callan Ward when @ the Giants and averaged 75 and 76 points whilst there.

Last year played just the 12 games with Collingwood and averaged only 70 points.

But with Ball retiring and Beams gone, is he worth a look at?

Yes his off field dramas is a concern, but  he is a DP player and @ $378,500, he is tempting.

kilbluff1985

Ricochet

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on January 31, 2015, 07:05:21 PM
rather Matt Crouch
Matt Crouch isn't a fwd

At that price mate would probably rather someone like TMitchell. Otherwise I would definitely find more cash and go up to Swan/Martin/etc as its only another 150k and you get a proven premo scorer

kilbluff1985

Quote from: Ricochet on January 31, 2015, 07:12:04 PM
rather Matt Crouch
Matt Crouch isn't a fwd

At that price mate would probably rather someone like TMitchell. Otherwise I would definitely find more cash and go up to Swan/Martin/etc as its only another 150k and you get a proven premo scorer

he didn't say he specifically wanted a forward just that his DPP was a bonus

JBs-Hawks

Matt Crouch isnt very good anyway ;)

kilbluff1985

Fid

rather Matt Crouch
Matt Crouch isn't a fwd

Thanks mate, I have Lids and Swan and Bird in the fwds.  I was just thinking who was going to step up at Collingwood both Ball and Beams gone, and I thought of Adams...

Ricochet

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on January 31, 2015, 07:16:15 PM
rather Matt Crouch
Matt Crouch isn't a fwd

he didn't say he specifically wanted a forward just that his DPP was a bonus
It was pretty obvious

kilbluff1985

Quote from: Fid on January 31, 2015, 07:21:00 PM
rather Matt Crouch
Matt Crouch isn't a fwd

Thanks mate, I have Lids and Swan and Bird in the fwds.  I was just thinking who was going to step up at Collingwood both Ball and Beams gone, and I thought of Adams...

they got Greenwood and Varcoe also

Adams is a vest candidate each week

RaisyDaisy

When looking to try and find a unique mid pricer you really need them to break out into a premo to justify the risk, and I think there are much better options than Adams

Titch is the only cheap forward I would take the risk on, if he lines up rd1

Hazza09

Can anyone tell me if Taylor Adams is in Collingwood's best 22?

This for SC Draft only..

Is he worth taking a punt on?

petefisker

Hey mate,

Yes Tadams is in our 22.
He's better for DT as he easily gets 23+ possies a game.
His issue is his disposal which affects SC.
He'll play pretty much all games unless his performances really drop off.

Jroo

Definitely in the 22.
As Pete said, his kicking is an issue which is affecting his SC scores. Still I think he's a good pick up and if he can improve that, I think he's in for a big year.

Hazza09

Thanks boys! SC Draft is harder than what it looks like  :'(

Silk_Touch

Definatly in the top 22 has a good role in the forward line and seems to score well