Main Menu

Hanley

Started by Corkascrew, January 30, 2015, 04:03:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corkascrew

Just curious as to ppls thoughts on rich now hanley is out

honza

Backlines don't produce guns. The rest of your team, hence its structure, must compensate. You absolutely have to be playing guns and rooks in your mids.

AaronKirk

Still merit in the Rich selection if you think he can average enough to be a decent stepping stone, say 80+

Would make enough cash be a stepping stone in the midfeld, however as I already have NVB in this spot I cannot personally select him.

nrich102

Quote from: honza on January 30, 2015, 04:12:48 PM
Backlines don't produce guns. The rest of your team, hence its structure, must compensate. You absolutely have to be playing guns and rooks in your mids.
What does the backline have to do with this?

meow meow

Zorko onto the wing for sure now. Lock him in.

Grazz

Quote from: meow meow on January 30, 2015, 07:04:22 PM

Hanley is only expected to miss the first month mate is it worth it ?

meow meow

Quote from: Grazz on January 30, 2015, 07:19:43 PM
Quote from: meow meow on January 30, 2015, 07:04:22 PM

Hanley is only expected to miss the first month mate is it worth it ?

Hip injury = no running = not fit = not going straight back in the midfield.

strikes91

Mayes will go into an outside midfield spot. Lock him in

honza

Quote from: nrich102 on January 30, 2015, 05:35:12 PM
Only 2 lines produce high scoring, consistent rooks. If you're blowingg your rook budget on mid pricers in the midfield then you'll need to save (read: play rooks, and more of them) on another line. Good luck finding those back rooks that pump out tonnes.

Mr.Craig

You're presuming that people are foregoing a rookie to pick a mid pricer when I'd suggests it's more common for them to downgrade a premium and spend the spare money elsewhere.

nrich102

Quote from: honza on January 31, 2015, 12:43:45 AM
Only 2 lines produce high scoring, consistent rooks. If you're blowingg your rook budget on mid pricers in the midfield then you'll need to save (read: play rooks, and more of them) on another line. Good luck finding those back rooks that pump out tonnes.
The thread is that Hanley is injured, what are the thoughts on Rich?

Neither are defenders, so why should defenders have anything to with this?

AaronKirk

Quote from: nrich102 on January 31, 2015, 11:54:55 AM
Quote from: honza on January 31, 2015, 12:43:45 AM
The thread is that Hanley is injured, what are the thoughts on Rich?

Neither are defenders, so why should defenders have anything to with this?

Yes neither are defenders in SC, but both will play a lot around half-back.

With Hanley now looking like he will miss early games, will Rich play that loose man across the defence?

If so he could well be an excellent pick to make a fair bit of early cash.

NickyBoy

I still think people are forgetting that Brisbane have beams who was in huge form last year. I think he and Rocky will cop a lot of attention compared to Rich. I think he's a good pick, 350k is dirt cheap and he can average around 85 points which is not bad. Could generate some money and pull out some better scores than rookies.

nrich102

Quote from: NickyBoy on January 31, 2015, 12:07:55 PM
I still think people are forgetting that Brisbane have beams who was in huge form last year. I think he and Rocky will cop a lot of attention compared to Rich. I think he's a good pick, 350k is dirt cheap and he can average around 85 points which is not bad. Could generate some money and pull out some better scores than rookies.
Can't see teams tagging Rocky, he's untagable. Hanley getting injured may give Rich some extra mid time, but I also think he'll cop more attention. I actually have NVB in my team over him :o

Dayze

Who knows what this means for rich. I figured both rich and Hanley would play half back and share a forward tag. Mite mean more attention for rich.
Mite b good for harwood now to continue his half back role.
Good chance of being a breakout defender.