R.Griffen, O.Wines, A.Swallow...for M5?

Started by Grufflez, January 30, 2015, 02:29:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Samm79

Toby Greene will outscore them all I think, he's most likely to go superprem in this price bracket. His average was 118 from the last 8 rounds after returning from suspension, including a 63 in his first game back. He racked them up, made plenty of tackles, don't see this changing in 2015, once a pig, always one..

Ricochet

Quote from: Samm79 on February 11, 2015, 10:35:59 PM
Toby Greene will outscore them all I think, he's most likely to go superprem in this price bracket. His average was 118 from the last 8 rounds after returning from suspension, including a 63 in his first game back. He racked them up, made plenty of tackles, don't see this changing in 2015, once a pig, always one..

Just something to consider with Greene mate

Quote from: Ricochet on January 30, 2015, 09:41:35 PM
Quote from: storeymjs on January 30, 2015, 08:45:12 PM
Just wondered about people's thoughts on Toby Greene as a genuine midfield premium option.

When he came back from his suspension last year - over the last 9 rounds - he averaged 120.3 and one of those scores was a 63 (his first game back funnily enough).

Considering all of this I am wondering about whether he is deserving of a midfield position.
Yeh he did dominate from RD17 onwards but

Congilio only played up until round 16
Scully only up to round 18
Whitfield only up to round 17

So add those 3 back in, along with Griffen and Greene could be severely hampered. Just something to consider.

Not sure how much it will affect Greene but might pay to keep it in mind for now

mark44

I'd say greene is  ahead of scully who? Con and whitfield pretty comfortably

Jackross10

I honestly don't see Swallow getting up above 105 not sure why. Toby Greene is the one I reckon aswell who could go super premo. Although he isn't in this price range, Luke Parker will be the next big super Premo!!

Samm79

Cheers Rico, am aware of this but not overly concerned, there are so many bodies around the ball these days, I don't think it will really matter who's in and out with Greene, he's a pig, I think he'll keep racking them up. He reminds me of a young Dane Swan who can tackle...

An undermanned Giants played some of their best footy in these rounds, and Greene was a big part of that, and I would be surprised if this was forgotten by Leon...

Money Shot

For me I was considering guys like this but I am now just going with five 600k+ mids and not having to worry about them so I would try and find an extra 100k and get someone like Fyfe/Selwood or a bit cheaper Kennedy/Sloane

Ricochet

Quote from: mark44 on February 12, 2015, 06:48:26 AM
I'd say greene is  ahead of scully who? Con and whitfield pretty comfortably
I disagree.  But it will be very interesting to see

mark44

Greene will be affected by griffin though in the middle, also may affect wards scores

MC

Quote from: Money Shot on February 12, 2015, 07:43:48 AM
For me I was considering guys like this but I am now just going with five 600k+ mids and not having to worry about them so I would try and find an extra 100k and get someone like Fyfe/Selwood or a bit cheaper Kennedy/Sloane

Very rare that the top 5 or top 10 from a previous year remains the same. Sounds to me as if you'll be paying top dollar for these blokes.. Supercoach is primarily a value game, buy low, sell high type stuff.

I understand you don't need keepers to profit, but you need to consider the negative impact on the rest of your team if you spend over 30% of your initial salary on 15% of your team.

My Chumps

Hannebery's my pick from that price range.

Shuey's a good chance to average more than those three too.

fasttrack13

Quote from: My Chumps on February 13, 2015, 12:59:13 PM

Hannebery is a spud, he will never lift from 100-105.

Shush looks good, had interrupted preseason too, will cop a tag, not sure he can cope

My Chumps

Quote from: fasttrack13 on February 13, 2015, 04:51:56 PM
Quote from: My Chumps on February 13, 2015, 12:59:13 PM

Hannebery is a spud, he will never lift from 100-105.
Averaged 124 early from round 5-12 before getting injured in round 13.

Holden the ball

Heppel is a good choice if u have the dosh

LordSneeze

Rookie and upgrade backs, rucks and fwds. Run with 4 premiums

Bully

It's still Griff for me, his late season form was excellent last year and he will be much happier at GWS.