R.Griffen, O.Wines, A.Swallow...for M5?

Started by Grufflez, January 30, 2015, 02:29:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grufflez

Particularly interested to know if anyone thinks A.Swallow can get back to that 110 mark.
My thinking at the moment is....

Griffen 108-112
Wines  107-110
Swallow  ???

Feel free to throw in your own reasonable guestimate & thanks for the feedback.

T Dog

Just a question but is Griffens back actually fixed now? He was having real trouble with it last year from memory. Haven't actually seen anything about it.  ???

Grufflez

Quote from: T Dog on January 30, 2015, 02:31:35 PM
Just a question but is Griffens back actually fixed now? He was having real trouble with it last year from memory. Haven't actually seen anything about it.  ???

All reports are he is training well & has slotted right in but i haven't read anything regrading he's back issue being an on-going problem yet.

jfitty

Reckon I'd rather spend 30-40k extra and grab Dangerfield!

Although out of those options I reckon Swallow provides the best value. 100% healthy now, and should easily get back to his 110 average.

meow meow

Swallow easy.

Griff has had one good season and history shows that players who have a spike year like he did, then fall the next year never bounce back to their best. Expecting anything more than 105 is unrealistic, then factor in new team stacked with mids and it's not worth it.

Wines beats up on shower teams and Port have a tough start to the season. No downhill skiing.

Jacko

Quote from: meow meow on January 30, 2015, 02:58:37 PM
Swallow easy.

Griff has had one good season and history shows that players who have a spike year like he did, then fall the next year never bounce back to their best. Expecting anything more than 105 is unrealistic, then factor in new team stacked with mids and it's not worth it.

Wines beats up on shower teams and Port have a tough start to the season. No downhill skiing.

Griffen averaged 105+ for three years before last year, averaging 116 in 2013.

meow meow

105 from a player who costs 99 isn't worth it. It's not super premo territory and it's not cash generating territory. Won't get 22 games out of him either.

eaglesman

I have wines and griffen in my team at the moment ... But I am probably going to upgrade griffen to someone 580k or less ... Or downgrade to rookie

Keeper27

why spend that much on a non super premo.
might as well save some money and get Steven. will avg similar to those guys and you'll save 80K-ish.

Grufflez

Quote from: Keeper27 on January 31, 2015, 09:23:33 AM
why spend that much on a non super premo.
might as well save some money and get Steven. will avg similar to those guys and you'll save 80K-ish.

I do see your point but i am weighing up Rocky + 500k pontential 107-110 M8 vs two 600k ish mids at the moment, reasoning is Rocky is a bit of a pod this year + it's only him or Sloane who i will even consider from the r11 bye mids.
don't think rocky will go less than 120 so don't know if its worth waiting for that 50-75k drop or not.

Current mids look like Ablett,Pendles,Rocky,Ward,Swallow.

Steven is more a 105 i reckon.
Also think Watson 110 at best, Cotchin(had last year) 110 at best + cant handle tags, and Danger is thinking about leaving the crows...can't see any of those 550k-580k options going more than 110 ish.

Keeper27

Quote from: Grufflez on January 31, 2015, 12:38:16 PM
Steven is more a 105 i reckon.
Also think Watson 110 at best, Cotchin(had last year) 110 at best + cant handle tags, and Danger is thinking about leaving the crows...can't see any of those 550k-580k options going more than 110 ish.

with that said go Steven. you save money and possibly only lose 5 points. get rocky too

fasttrack13

Grufflez

Quote from: fasttrack13 on February 11, 2015, 08:48:03 PM
anyone have swallow TOG%???

Not sure but maybe of interest was a mention in one of the FF threads that North Melbournes new rotation system will see all their mids get a tad less time, sorry can't remember the source or the poster but it put me off of Swallow and with Griffen still having back issues it's Ollie''quadzilla''Wines to break the trend and further improve for a 2nd season to around 110 for me :)

fasttrack13

Quote from: Grufflez on February 11, 2015, 10:02:30 PM
Quote from: fasttrack13 on February 11, 2015, 08:48:03 PM
anyone have swallow TOG%???

Not sure but maybe of interest was a mention in one of the FF threads that North Melbournes new rotation system will see all their mids get a tad less time, sorry can't remember the source or the poster but it put me off of Swallow and with Griffen still having back issues it's Ollie''quadzilla''Wines to break the trend and further improve for a 2nd season to around 110 for me :)

Was what I was thinking...
Quote from: meow meow on February 11, 2015, 10:04:53 PM
76.9%

Cheers meow