Michael Walters?

Started by NickyBoy, January 30, 2015, 12:27:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NickyBoy

Anyone considered looking at Walters? I was shattered when he got injured last season and he was on my radar but for ~383k, could he be worth it?

djbics

Was pretty good when he came back and has shown he can average around 90 two seasons ago, just a very awkward price, plus the forwards are pretty stacked this season so plenty of better options for mine.....

Holz

He is a forward, you can't pick forwards in the forward line anymore, you need midfielders.

blackrose

Quote from: djbics on January 30, 2015, 12:34:40 PM
Was pretty good when he came back and has shown he can average around 90 two seasons ago, just a very awkward price, plus the forwards are pretty stacked this season so plenty of better options for mine.....

What are the better options around his price?

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: Holz on January 30, 2015, 01:10:18 PM
He is a forward, you can't pick forwards in the forward line anymore, you need midfielders.

+1, except Buddy is the exception

SydneyRox

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on January 30, 2015, 03:09:40 PM

honza

Quote from: blackrose on January 30, 2015, 01:43:08 PM

If there's guns on offer, and if there's rookies on offer, then there's no options for his price.

AaronKirk

Quote from: SydneyRox on January 30, 2015, 03:24:25 PM
Quote from: RaisyDaisy on January 30, 2015, 03:09:40 PM

I'm not convinced you can pick Buddy ahead of Dusty, Lids, Gray, BJ, Swan etc knowing that he generally starts slow and works into the season.

On Walters I would only consider selecting him if you can fit him in at F5, which would weaken all other lines so no for me. Could be a good POD though.

shaker

To many DPP to consider him and he is to dear for F5

djbics

Quote from: honza on January 30, 2015, 04:16:55 PM
Quote from: blackrose on January 30, 2015, 01:43:08 PM

If there's guns on offer, and if there's rookies on offer, then there's no options for his price.
This.......

honza

Quote from: shaker on January 30, 2015, 05:14:04 PM
To many DPP to consider him and he is to dear for F5
This is one thing which is under represented in the discussion to date. DPP has value. I can be convinced on mid pricers outside the defender line if they have DPP, because a DPP means potential saved trades down the line.