Rookie upgrades?

Started by Hoggyz_a_legend, January 29, 2015, 03:58:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoggyz_a_legend

Which clubs have room on their Senior list to upgrade rookies before the start of the year? And who is in poll position to take any available spots?

I've heard Alex Neal-Bullen is now on the list, so Vandenberg could be inline for a call up.

Walsh and Newman are also knocking down the door, and Krakouer is another bargain M/F swingman.

Can anyone shed some light on this?

ben_020285

Quote from: Hoggyz_a_legend on January 29, 2015, 03:58:58 PM
Which clubs have room on their Senior list to upgrade rookies before the start of the year? And who is in poll position to take any available spots?

I've heard Alex Neal-Bullen is now on the list, so Vandenberg could be inline for a call up.

Walsh and Newman are also knocking down the door, and Krakouer is another bargain M/F swingman.

Alex Neal-Bullen isn't on the LTI list but Jack Trengove is.

Aaron Vandenberg is most likely to be upgraded to the senior list.

djbics

Quote from: ben_020285 on January 29, 2015, 04:07:17 PM
Quote from: Hoggyz_a_legend on January 29, 2015, 03:58:58 PM

Alex Neal-Bullen isn't on the LTI list but Jack Trengove is.

Aaron Vandenberg is most likely to be upgraded to the senior list.

Yeah, Alex Neal-Bullen should only miss about 3 weeks of pre-season, assuming of course he doesn't dislocate his kneecap for a third time!

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-01-27/young-dee-down-again

Mr.Craig

Each team can have a max of 40 players on their senior list (except for GWS). According to the club websites this is how many each team has currently...

Adelaide - 40
Brisbane - 40
Carlton - 38
Collingwood - 39
Essendon - 40
Fremantle - 40
Geelong - ?
Gold Coast - 38
GWS - 46
Hawthorn - 40
Melbourne - 40
North Melbourne - 40
Port Adelaide - 40
Richmond - 39
St Kilda - 40
Sydney - 38
Western Bulldogs - 40
West Coast - 40

So it looks like Carlton, Collingwood, Gold Coast, Richmond and Sydney all have space to upgrade a rookie with Geelong and GWS being possibilities. Obviously all clubs can upgrade if there is an LTI also.

R.Griffen

Id be eagerly waiting for Carlton to upgrade a couple, Mick loves mature age players

honza

Nic Newman injured recently.

Mr.Craig

My apologies, it appears GC are only allowed 38 players on their primary list -

http://www.goldcoastfc.com.au/news/2014-09-02/playing-list-changes-season-2015

RaisyDaisy

Nice work Mr.Craig :)

Based on that, here are the rookies looking to get elevated

Carlton: Ciaran Sheehan, Billy Gowers, Blaine Johnson, Brad Walsh, Cam Wood, Tom Fields, Ciaran Byrne and Fraser Russell
Collingwood: Tony Armstrong, Michael Manteit, Brenden Abott, Corey Gault, Jack Frost, Mason Cox
Gold Coast: Andrew Raines, Keegan Brooksby, Joshua Glenn, Greg Broughton, Tyrone Downie, Louis Herbert, Adam Saad, Jarred Ellis
Richmond: Matt Thomas, Matt Arnott, Jayden Short, Jason Castagna, Ivan Soldo, Kane Lambert
Sydney: Nic Newman, Sean McLaren, Sam Naismith, Lloyd Perris, Lewis Melican, Jordon Foote

Gotta think Jack Frost is a lock to get the Collingwood spot and Kane Lambert for the Richmond spot

djbics

Quote from: Mr.Craig on January 29, 2015, 04:44:40 PM
Each team can have a max of 40 players on their senior list (except for GWS). According to the club websites this is how many each team has currently...

Adelaide - 40
Brisbane - 40
Carlton - 38
Collingwood - 39
Essendon - 40
Fremantle - 40
Geelong - ?
Gold Coast - 38
GWS - 46
Hawthorn - 40
Melbourne - 40
North Melbourne - 40
Port Adelaide - 40
Richmond - 39
St Kilda - 40
Sydney - 38
Western Bulldogs - 40
West Coast - 40

So it looks like Carlton, Collingwood, Gold Coast, Richmond and Sydney all have space to upgrade a rookie with Geelong and GWS being possibilities. Obviously all clubs can upgrade if there is an LTI also.

So based on this info, is it fair to assume that Nathan Krakouer is extremely unlikely to be upgraded (barring any Port LTI's) before Round 1?  I'm seeing him in a lot of teams, and I think certain coaches may be in for a rude shock if he doesn't get upgraded, as he is so cheap that simply replacing him with another playing rookie isn't possible unless you have a fair amount of cash left over. 

Spanner221

Arryn Siposs did his shoulder over in New Zealand and it is sounding like he wont be around until round 10. Given that it is likely that he'll end up on the LTI. This could open up a spot for Saad or Sinclair but it is sounding like Schneider will be playing round 1 (doesn't make sense to me but thats what we're hearing).

honza

Alex Johnson's blown his knee again, so there's another rookie spot at the Swans.

Jackross10

Quote from: honza on January 30, 2015, 09:00:13 AM
Alex Johnson's blown his knee again, so there's another rookie spot at the Swans.

Newman pls

Hoggyz_a_legend

Quote from: Jackross10 on January 30, 2015, 09:32:55 AM

Newman pls

After reading Johnson's bad news, I put Newman straight into D8. Surely will get at least some game time this year.

djbics

Quote from: Hoggyz_a_legend on January 30, 2015, 11:25:30 AM
Quote from: Jackross10 on January 30, 2015, 09:32:55 AM

Newman pls

After reading Johnson's bad news, I put Newman straight into D8. Surely will get at least some game time this year.

Wouldn't Zak Jones and Xavier Richards be in front of Newman considering they didn't have Johnson all last season either so it's not as if a spot in Sydney's best 22 has opened up?  I'm hoping Newman plays as well, but he would have to be extremely unlikely to play Round 1 even if he is upgraded...

RaisyDaisy

Cant believe the news about Johnson  :-[

Who benefits from this now, if anyone? He's been out for years so shouldn't make much of a change except open up a spot.

Hopefully Zak Jones gets more of a run, or this Newman fella :)