Toby Nankervis

Started by ben_020285, January 25, 2015, 11:04:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ben_020285

I'm seeing quite a few teams with Nankervis at R3 in lieu of ruck coverage up forward.

At this stage, what are his chances of actually playing round 1 though?

Would like to hear from Swans fans in particular.

storeymjs

No chance to play Round 1. Project player imo

H1bb3i2d

I understand people say "someone will bob up for round 1"...

But honestly, looking at every single rookie priced ruck, its hard to see how any of them are even remotely close to being best 22.

DC13

I've personally had him in all my teams so far. I highly doubt he will play round 1, however the reason for selection is the fact that he is the most likely rookie to pop up and play. He was named senior emergency 3 times toward the end of last year. Pyke is getting old and Derickx is no standout ruck man so a poor game by them and he could be in. From doing research on swans forums, etc. Nankervis offers the swans a FWD/RUC as he is a very good goal kicker. He also has aggression which the Swans need after their poor grand final effort. Might be wrong and its not coming from me but lots of the forums said if Reid doesn't perform (with the likes of Franklin and Tippett in the side) then Nankervis might push him out as he offers the better versatility. He dominated Under 18's and the NEAFL last year. Unlikely to play round 1 but i think he will play a few games at some point.

Mr.Craig

honza

Pyke old, Derickx crap, Naismith rookie listed, Tippet not a real ruck.

Nige

AaronKirk

I agree with the comments DC13 made.

However can all of Franklin, Tippett, Reid, Pyke and another ruck (either Derickx or Nankervis) fit in the same side? No for me, they would be too top heavy.

With Tippett over knee problems he will play some part of the matches in the ruck to give Pyke a chop out it is very unlikely that Derickx or Nankervis will play many games at all unless the Canadian loses form badly or gets injured.

ben_020285

So basically it sounds as though it will take an injury to a Swans big man for Nankervis to have any chance of playing round 1.

Don't think I'll be factoring him in to my side then.

GCSkiwi

Quote from: ben_020285 on January 26, 2015, 09:41:10 PM
So basically it sounds as though it will take an injury to a Swans big man for Nankervis to have any chance of playing round 1.

Don't think I'll be factoring him in to my side then.

I think R3 for 99.9% of people will either be Nankervis, Read or Cox at this point. Read and Cox about 0.01% chance of playing, but provide a R/F swingman, Cox the cheaper but Read more utility as a loophole option. Nankervis is the rookie with the best chance of actually getting a gig from what we can tell so far. So barring a rookie coming through in NAB, I reckon that's how it will fall...

honza

Well let's all play it safe and pick Max King for the 3rd year in a row. He'll do a Currie and reward those who kept the faith for half a decade, with a whopping 4 games.

Ricochet

I think we'll actually see a fair bit of Nankervis this year. The guy is a scoring beast as well

Holz

If mumford goes down who will play?

Thinking goldy (invincible) , Mumford, (mummy backup)

If not got to go Nan or durdin.

Ricochet

Quote from: Holz on January 29, 2015, 10:36:45 AM

Rory Lobb I reckon. Either he or Phillips but from everything I've heard they love Lobb down at GWS

ben_020285

Quote from: Ricochet on January 29, 2015, 10:41:13 AM
Quote from: Holz on January 29, 2015, 10:36:45 AM

Rory Lobb I reckon. Either he or Phillips but from everything I've heard they love Lobb down at GWS

I wonder if Lobb has any chance of playing round 1 with Mumford there as well.  Could be a decent R3 and wouldn't need to play Belly up forward if so.