Toby Nankervis

Started by ben_020285, January 25, 2015, 11:04:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Holz

Quote from: ben_020285 on January 29, 2015, 10:46:52 AM
Quote from: Ricochet on January 29, 2015, 10:41:13 AM
Quote from: Holz on January 29, 2015, 10:36:45 AM
If mumford goes down who will play?

Thinking goldy (invincible) , Mumford, (mummy backup)

If not got to go Nan or durdin.
Rory Lobb I reckon. Either he or Phillips but from everything I've heard they love Lobb down at GWS

I wonder if Lobb has any chance of playing round 1 with Mumford there as well.  Could be a decent R3 and wouldn't need to play Belly up forward if so.

At 176k don't think I'll go him. Nan at 50k cheaper seems good. It's the difference between Watson and Sloane

ben_020285

Quote from: Holz on January 29, 2015, 10:52:23 AM
Quote from: ben_020285 on January 29, 2015, 10:46:52 AM
Quote from: Ricochet on January 29, 2015, 10:41:13 AM
Quote from: Holz on January 29, 2015, 10:36:45 AM
If mumford goes down who will play?

Thinking goldy (invincible) , Mumford, (mummy backup)

If not got to go Nan or durdin.
Rory Lobb I reckon. Either he or Phillips but from everything I've heard they love Lobb down at GWS

I wonder if Lobb has any chance of playing round 1 with Mumford there as well.  Could be a decent R3 and wouldn't need to play Belly up forward if so.

At 176k don't think I'll go him. Nan at 50k cheaper seems good. It's the difference between Watson and Sloane

Well yeah if they are both named round 1 then obviously the cheaper of the two would be the one to pick.

I doubt either will be named round 1 though.

jabroni

im going with hannath and griffin at this stage unless someone pops up

Capper

Quote from: DC13 on January 26, 2015, 01:15:52 PM
I've personally had him in all my teams so far. I highly doubt he will play round 1, however the reason for selection is the fact that he is the most likely rookie to pop up and play. He was named senior emergency 3 times toward the end of last year. Pyke is getting old and Derickx is no standout ruck man so a poor game by them and he could be in. From doing research on swans forums, etc. Nankervis offers the swans a FWD/RUC as he is a very good goal kicker. He also has aggression which the Swans need after their poor grand final effort. Might be wrong and its not coming from me but lots of the forums said if Reid doesn't perform (with the likes of Franklin and Tippett in the side) then Nankervis might push him out as he offers the better versatility. He dominated Under 18's and the NEAFL last year. Unlikely to play round 1 but i think he will play a few games at some point.
Yep +1, He has put on some kgs over the past 12 months as well so he isnt just a stick insect anymore. He wont play round 1 but you dont need him to play round 1. Hopefully he is only in your team as back up if one of your Prems is a late out. He will get game time just not R1 with Tippett and Pyke sharing the ruck work with Reid and co helping

SydneyRox

Quote from: tabs on January 29, 2015, 10:44:35 PM
Quote from: DC13 on January 26, 2015, 01:15:52 PM
I've personally had him in all my teams so far. I highly doubt he will play round 1, however the reason for selection is the fact that he is the most likely rookie to pop up and play. He was named senior emergency 3 times toward the end of last year. Pyke is getting old and Derickx is no standout ruck man so a poor game by them and he could be in. From doing research on swans forums, etc. Nankervis offers the swans a FWD/RUC as he is a very good goal kicker. He also has aggression which the Swans need after their poor grand final effort. Might be wrong and its not coming from me but lots of the forums said if Reid doesn't perform (with the likes of Franklin and Tippett in the side) then Nankervis might push him out as he offers the better versatility. He dominated Under 18's and the NEAFL last year. Unlikely to play round 1 but i think he will play a few games at some point.
Yep +1, He has put on some kgs over the past 12 months as well so he isnt just a stick insect anymore. He wont play round 1 but you dont need him to play round 1. Hopefully he is only in your team as back up if one of your Prems is a late out. He will get game time just not R1 with Tippett and Pyke sharing the ruck work with Reid and co helping

Yup. Locked in for now.