The Hype Train.

Started by Nige, January 23, 2015, 12:26:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nige

Quote from: PowerBug on January 23, 2015, 01:38:57 PM
SAM BLEASE HYPE TRAIN

My first post in a fantasy AFL section for over 12 months. It had to be Sam Blease related.
I'll allow it.  8)

creeker

Not much hype for this bloke yet, but very keen to get some Bulldogs supporters views on him.
Saw some interesting stats on Jason Johannisen via another excellent supercoach site.
While he had a modest season, (played 11 games). The 2 games that Missy Higgins missed, Johannisen scored 118 an 107.
Is JJ a chance of taking over Higgins role or will Biggs get the gig ?

H1bb3i2d

Quote from: creeker on January 23, 2015, 02:12:25 PM
Not much hype for this bloke yet, but very keen to get some Bulldogs supporters views on him.
Saw some interesting stats on Jason Johannisen via another excellent supercoach site.
While he had a modest season, (played 11 games). The 2 games that Missy Higgins missed, Johannisen scored 118 an 107.

A premium year wouldn't surprise me in the slightest. I remember the bombers were quite interested in him with the Crameri deal (was it? Maybe something else), but whether I would put money on it is a tough question.

SydneyRox

Jackross10

Great pick SR. Think he can push 115 although only had 1 good season..

justaverage

Quote from: H1bb3i2d on January 23, 2015, 02:16:31 PM

A premium year wouldn't surprise me in the slightest. I remember the bombers were quite interested in him with the Crameri deal (was it? Maybe something else), but whether I would put money on it is a tough question.

Biggs and a fitter Goodes surely hurt his chances

Sabretooth Tigers

:-\

Not sure if I'm game to put this one in,but, if injury free and well worked during the NAB,  " the Cyril  (Rioli)  hype train. Wonder just how high he'd rate if he played out a full season. Sorely ( poor choice of words ) tempted  to throw him in my side but .... big watch.
How about the Harley  (Bennell)  hype train. Scored a 196 in his first season and another freakish but injury prone talent. He I may start with if I have any doubts on Swanny.     ;)

Jackross10

Quote from: Sabretooth Tigers on January 23, 2015, 03:55:28 PM
:-\

Not sure if I'm game to put this one in,but, if injury free and well worked during the NAB,  " the Cyril  (Rioli)  hype train. Wonder just how high he'd rate if he played out a full season. Sorely ( poor choice of words ) tempted  to throw him in my side but .... big watch.
How about the Harley  (Bennell)  hype train. Scored a 196 in his first season and another freakish but injury prone talent. He I may start with if I have any doubts on Swanny.     ;)

Very good. I haven't even thought about Sizzle. He, no doubt is a top 6 forward when he is fit. But I think if you do start with him, there is almost a 0% chance he will play 22 games and you'll have to trade him out at one stage. Haven't heard anything of him but how is he travelling? Also with the forwards this year, I think it would be tough to fit him in.

SydneyRox

Quote from: Jackross10 on January 23, 2015, 03:36:21 PM
Great pick SR. Think he can push 115 although only had 1 good season..

he is 22, and built every season, has a great tank, superb work ethic and cant take contested marks and kick goals. IMO he is clearly our number 2 mid behind JPK, copping a tag more this year (since JPK is untaggable) might be the only concern.
But teams need to weigh that against tagging Hanners or jack as well....

Mat0369

Doggoneit

Quote from: justaverage on January 23, 2015, 03:55:20 PM
Quote from: H1bb3i2d on January 23, 2015, 02:16:31 PM

Biggs and a fitter Goodes surely hurt his chances

I don't think Goodes is any problem - back on the Rookie List, if he plays it will be to replace a midfielder

Biggs is quite likely to step straight in (in my team at the moment - will be watching NAB closely)

JJ needs to improve on his disposal, far too inconsistent.
He has plenty of speed and a solid body and Bev's game plan should suit him.
I'm not so sure on his JS at the moment - lots of fringe players fighting for 4 or 5 spots, could be in and out of the side.
Also talk of Hunter playing out of the back line - does this hurt JJ or will he play further up the ground?
One to watch but I wont be starting with him.

Doggoneit

Holz

Josh Caddy anyone?

watch him go 100+ a year too late.

Ricochet

Quote from: Holz on January 23, 2015, 05:49:14 PM
Josh Caddy anyone?

watch him go 100+ a year too late.
Agree with this.

And Jack Martin to have a big year

Nige

I like Caddy, would like him to do well.

My thoughts of Jack Martin are above.