POD Premiums

Started by RaisyDaisy, January 22, 2015, 08:02:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eaglesman

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on January 25, 2015, 09:13:35 PM
Like I mentioned in the OP, I really am going to try my hardest to start Mummy this year. Reckon he will be a massive POD and is worth 600k, plus it's very encouraging to hear how strong he is going this pre-season

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/shane-mumfords-fitness-key-to-gws-giants-success-feeling-fittest-in-five-years/story-e6frf7jo-1227196216559

I will start him if a defensive rookie shows up otherwise I just cannot afford him unless I don't start swan pick Mitchell and back In mummy over Nic Nat which I don't think is worth it ... Have belly in now mate haha

RaisyDaisy

Haha, yeah I'm trying to start Mummy and NicNat, plus Belly in fwds

H1bb3i2d

Wanted Mummy really badly! But price, uncertainty about new ruck rules and the more obvious injury concerns are just a wall too high.

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: H1bb3i2d on January 25, 2015, 09:44:55 PM
Wanted Mummy really badly! But price, uncertainty about new ruck rules and the more obvious injury concerns are just a wall too high.

I don't think new rules effect him as much as other rucks. He's a tackling machine, and has had his biggest pre-season in 5 years and that's why I want to start him if possible

H1bb3i2d

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on January 25, 2015, 09:50:02 PM

I don't think new rules effect him as much as other rucks. He's a tackling machine, and has had his biggest pre-season in 5 years and that's why I want to start him if possible

He could certainly get you off to a flier! Fortune favours the brave.

eaglesman

Quote from: H1bb3i2d on January 25, 2015, 09:52:57 PM

He could certainly get you off to a flier! Fortune favours the brave.

AND HE IS BACK

IN: Mummy, Daniel(f7)
OUT: kreuzer, belly

Sabretooth Tigers

:)

I  currently have Mummy, Gray and Bennell.  Gray and Bennell will complete my forward line if Swanny becomes a top 6. With the exception of defence I'm very, very strong on all lines. But defence is very, very weak and consists of a few high risk/high hope players. The idea is to score high where easiest and wait and see on defence prems. Team 146 that is. My ATM defence is :-
Shaw,   Johannison,  Ibbotson,   Waters,   Colquhoun,   Brown    Rookie, Rookie.  Moral of my story is if it scores the least, is the most inconsisstant, then it must be the last line filled.    Cheers.      ;)

eaglesman

Quote from: Sabretooth Tigers on January 25, 2015, 11:41:25 PM

I  currently have Mummy, Gray and Bennell.  Gray and Bennell will complete my forward line if Swanny becomes a top 6. With the exception of defence I'm very, very strong on all lines. But defence is very, very weak and consists of a few high risk/high hope players. The idea is to score high where easiest and wait and see on defence prems. Team 146 that is. My ATM defence is :-
Shaw,   Johannison,  Ibbotson,   Waters,   Colquhoun,   Brown    Rookie, Rookie.  Moral of my story is if it scores the least, is the most inconsisstant, then it must be the last line filled.    Cheers.      ;)

Not a bad theory at all ... One I might fiddle with now for fun

The problem is you need a colquhoun or a jones type to actually play - I doubt they will

GoLions

Then there's me...Eski, Shaw, Hibberd, Hurn, Seedsman, Waters (Rookie, Rookie) :P

eaglesman

Quote from: GoLions on January 25, 2015, 11:55:18 PM

Then there's me...Eski, Shaw, Hibberd, Hurn, Seedsman, Waters (Rookie, Rookie) :P

The difference is the forwards will have cheaper options whether they be to start or mid year for downgrades ... Not as plentiful down back ... Still prefer this option

meow meow

Champion Data disagrees with you. He loses plenty under the new rules according to the people who allocate the scores.

Sabretooth Tigers

With team 146  anything after D.4  is very changeable as it's really only the $ allocation that counts in this strategy. And this strategy is one of many pre made for what ever the NAB and pre season serve up for us. It's a little like playing a football orientated game of chess for pretend money, unless your one of the very privilaged few. Cheers and best of fun to all.   Will the defence prems score anywhere near forward prems ??  Ergo fiill the forward line first =  more points ??        :)
PS  Hey personcat,  what does champion data say that Mummy will lose  and could his best ever ( possibly )  pre season raise his points to counteract the new rule  ??    :-\

H1bb3i2d

Mummy had some monster hitout numbers at times iirc.

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: GoLions on January 25, 2015, 11:55:18 PM

The Seed isn't a lock for best 22, but there are other options similarly priced anyway

As for Mummy, someone posted his run, and if I recall he has a sweet first half of the season, barely facing any top rucks.

meow meow

That someone is a pretty smart dude. I wonder what other rucks he has his eye on. I doubt he has Mummy at the top of his list.